Scott Frost's opinion about Predator tables

Naitch

Scott Frost posted his opinion about Predator tables on Facebook.

"I’ve bit my tongue as long as possible but I have put in the blood, sweat and tears to speak on this. I’ve also built great long term relationships with PROVEN billiards industry giants who handled themselves with integrity and honesty for decades now. Im talking about obvious companies that have products that exceed all expectations for amateurs and professionals. To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with a company coming in and competing with products that are credible and viable as this is healthy for all companies and growth in any industry.

Trying to bully the market and take over every aspect along with taking advantage of the league player which is the most valuable market in pool is a bold and brazen move. I know things that I probably shouldn’t and the way this pool table company has handled this whole situation is disappointing and misleading just like this flyer.

And to make matters worse, the products are sub par and most top players won’t speak the truth because they have been silenced by the political machine. If you’d like to better understand the issues with the product or products I have zero problems explaining what I know over a phone call.

I’ve tried for almost a year to get a phone call or even a message returned to have a open and constructive conversation. Only to be completely ghosted which only validates my suspicions.

Lastly, I’m sure I’ll be banned from any and all events associated with this company moving forward because that’s what bully’s do. Instead, respond to your messages in messenger like you do your paid players or pick up the phone and call me. Even better let’s go live and discuss it for the world to see and here. CEO’s only because I like it tough.

20230415_081019.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member

"I’ve bit my tongue as long as possible but I have put in the blood, sweat and tears to speak on this. I’ve also built great long term relationships with PROVEN billiards industry giants who handled themselves with integrity and honesty for decades now. Im talking about obvious companies that have products that exceed all expectations for amateurs and professionals. To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with a company coming in and competing with products that are credible and viable as this is healthy for all companies and growth in any industry.

Trying to bully the market and take over every aspect along with taking advantage of the league player which is the most valuable market in pool is a bold and brazen move. I know things that I probably shouldn’t and the way this pool table company has handled this whole situation is disappointing and misleading just like this flyer.

And to make matters worse, the products are sub par and most top players won’t speak the truth because they have been silenced by the political machine. If you’d like to better understand the issues with the product or products I have zero problems explaining what I know over a phone call.

I’ve tried for almost a year to get a phone call or even a message returned to have a open and constructive conversation. Only to be completely ghosted which only validates my suspicions.

Lastly, I’m sure I’ll be banned from any and all events associated with this company moving forward because that’s what bully’s do. Instead, respond to your messages in messenger like you do your paid players or pick up the phone and call me. Even better let’s go live and discuss it for the world to see and here. CEO’s only because I like it tough.

View attachment 696258
You didn't make any friends Scott, that's for sure! If people keep drinking that Predator kool-aid, they'll find a Predator condom at the bottom of their glass!!!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

View attachment 696258
That's kinda funny, they call the Midwest the Capital of bar table pool or something along that line, I live and play in the Midwest and I have yet to see a Predator. Seems to me its the Diamond BB that is taking over the Midwest.

View attachment 696258
Regardless of what he thinks of what He or anyone else thinks of the tables, let’s just say that Scott Frost is a certified Douche Bag. Plain and simple. He should work on his game a little more so maybe he can win something in the next decade before everyone forgets he even existed. Personally if I never hear his name again I will be just fine with that.

Posting for many friends.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Regardless of what he thinks of what He or anyone else thinks of the tables, let’s just say that Scott Frost is a certified Douche Bag. Plain and simple. He should work on his game a little more so maybe he can win something in the next decade before everyone forgets he even existed. Personally if I never hear his name again I will be just fine with that.

Just wondering if Scott is the topic of this thread, because I could have swore it was the Predator piece of shi !!

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Nobody's perfect, sounds like you've got an axe to grind. I have a friend who's been backing Scott for the last couple of years and has been very happy to do so. Scott has done him well, and has won plenty.

Just wondering if Scott is the topic of this thread, because I could have swore it was the Predator piece of shi !!

Well, yeah Glenn. He is the topic. It’s right in the thread header. The thread is probably in the wrong forum group since Scott is neither a “Mechanic” or knows how to work on tables in general nor did he bring up anything in his rant to fix the predator table.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Nobody's perfect, sounds like you've got an axe to grind. I have a friend who's been backing Scott for the last couple of years and has been very happy to do so. Scott has done him well, and has won plenty.

Well, your friend is a gracious person. You are speaking on your friends behalf. Probably shouldn’t do that.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regardless of your personal feeling of the guy, he has the qualifications (from a player's perspective) to determine the playability of a table and he's not alone in his opinion. The table is junk with a poorly engineered frame/cabinet, plywood rails and inferior finishes that have already started to fail. All this and they have the nerve to price the table $500 higher than a Diamond. Why would anyone buy one?

Las Vegas Open 10-ball  Page 3  AzBilliards Forums copy.jpg

rail.jpg

Regardless of your personal feeling of the guy, he has the qualifications (from a player's perspective) to determine the playability of a table and he's not alone in his opinion. The table is junk with a poorly engineered frame/cabinet, plywood rails and inferior finishes that have already started to fail. All this and they have the nerve to price the table $500 higher than a Diamond. Why would anyone buy one?

View attachment 697747
View attachment 697748
I think it’s pretty obvious Predator has a similar opinion of Scott also which is why they are avoiding him. Bad action.

Possibly. It still doesn't change the fact their table is sub par.
The tables have been out for two years. Diamonds were not exactly perfect when they came out and they still can’t get a ball return system on a Pro. Plenty of red labels out there that play like garbage.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The tables have been out for two years. Diamonds were not exactly perfect when they came out and they still can’t get a ball return system on a Pro. Plenty of red labels out there that play like garbage.
I can say with fact, tables built by Diamond more than 23 years ago are still in use today, that's about 20 years longer than these Predator 7fts will last in commercial use!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The early Diamonds didn't play perfect, but like RKC said, they were still built to last. The room down the street from me still has the Pro Billiard Series Diamonds they bought new some 30-35 years ago and they're still standing, in great shape. The Predator tables have been falling apart in two years!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
With all the technology available today in designing and building pool tables, there's no excuse anyone can come up with that overrides the decision made by Predator to have the cheapest possible table built in THEIR name, because they don't know shit about building pool tables, they're a marketing company, NOT a manufacturer! To tell you the truth, they'd have been way better off to have copied a damn Valley table, called it a Predator, and brought that to the market place, instead of the cheap junk they DID bring to the market!! That's NOT my opinion, that's the facts, because I DO have experience in building pool tables, before DIAMOND was even building tables!!!!

With all the technology available today in designing and building pool tables, there's no excuse anyone can come up with that overrides the decision made by Predator to have the cheapest possible table built in THEIR name, because they don't know shit about building pool tables, they're a marketing company, NOT a manufacturer! To tell you the truth, they'd have been way better off to have copied a damn Valley table, called it a Predator, and brought that to the market place, instead of the cheap junk they DID bring to the market!! That's NOT my opinion, that's the facts, because I DO have experience in building pool tables, before DIAMOND was even building tables!!!!
I agree. However, they are not going away. Sorry. Thye may get re-deigned, improved or other processes that have brought "ALL" pool tables to there current status. But, certainly not going away.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I agree. However, they are not going away. Sorry. Thye may get re-deigned, improved or other processes that have brought "ALL" pool tables to there current status. But, certainly not going away.
Not yet anyway, but chances are like playing baseball, 3 strikes and you're out, and they've already got 2 strikes, 9fts and 7fts!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You, Predator, and Sam's Billiards fail to understand, it takes a particular designe of a pool table to be able to be flipped up and down repeatedly from event to event! I said in the beginning that the Predator tables were going to be junk, everyone jumped on me, told me I had no idea what I was talking about, and that Predator would engineer the best built pool table ever! Yeah, right! As it turns out, I was RIGHT, and everyone else was WRONG!!!!😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

You, Predator, and Sam's Billiards fail to understand, it takes a particular designe of a pool table to be able to be flipped up and down repeatedly from event to event! I said in the beginning that the Predator tables were going to be junk, everyone jumped on me, told me I had no idea what I was talking about, and that Predator would engineer the best built pool table ever! Yeah, right! As it turns out, I was RIGHT, and everyone else was WRONG!!!!😅🤣😂😅🤣😂
I don’t fail to understand anything. What you fail to understand is it no longer matters what the first run of anything means very little. If you have the cash, the want and the will to make a table better and have the cash to do so it’s not a big deal. What I can tell you is predator had made a significant investment and have “huge” exposure right out of the gate and they are supplying 350 table a wack at these events. So if they want it they can have it. It’s actually not a bad playing table. I played probably 400 games on the tables. Probably more than a lot of pros.

It really doesn’t matter what this forum or Scott Red Shoes Frost has to say. They have the cash and exposure to support it. Plain and simple. Not a single person in this forum is going to do anything but shit talk.

Nobody and I mean nobody including you Glenn is going to leverage everything you have along with everything about another 40 people have to even take a wack at it. You tried and failed.

So we can all complain (because let’s be honest that’s what you do best other than stretch cloth of course) but, it’s not going to make a bit of difference. Time to start admitting that your opinion, fact or whatever term you want to use means zero. I big donut. Just a very small pimple on a huge ass of business trying to think it matters. It doesn’t. You can be frustrated all you want but it’s going nowhere. They won’t even tell to Scott Red Shoes Frost and you think your comments are going anywhere? NOT!