Scott Frost's opinion about Predator tables

Naitch

Scott Frost posted his opinion about Predator tables on Facebook.

"I’ve bit my tongue as long as possible but I have put in the blood, sweat and tears to speak on this. I’ve also built great long term relationships with PROVEN billiards industry giants who handled themselves with integrity and honesty for decades now. Im talking about obvious companies that have products that exceed all expectations for amateurs and professionals. To be clear, I have absolutely no issue with a company coming in and competing with products that are credible and viable as this is healthy for all companies and growth in any industry.

Trying to bully the market and take over every aspect along with taking advantage of the league player which is the most valuable market in pool is a bold and brazen move. I know things that I probably shouldn’t and the way this pool table company has handled this whole situation is disappointing and misleading just like this flyer.

And to make matters worse, the products are sub par and most top players won’t speak the truth because they have been silenced by the political machine. If you’d like to better understand the issues with the product or products I have zero problems explaining what I know over a phone call.

I’ve tried for almost a year to get a phone call or even a message returned to have a open and constructive conversation. Only to be completely ghosted which only validates my suspicions.

Lastly, I’m sure I’ll be banned from any and all events associated with this company moving forward because that’s what bully’s do. Instead, respond to your messages in messenger like you do your paid players or pick up the phone and call me. Even better let’s go live and discuss it for the world to see and here. CEO’s only because I like it tough.

20230415_081019.jpg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've heard similar opinions from others but still would've liked scott to elaborate on what makes the apex tables sub-par

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
sounds like one professional and another should go on public and debate the issues we have in pool.
that is good for the sport. if one side wont then it means that side isnt credible or they are afraid of what the result will be.
scott is credible.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds like one professional and another should go on public and debate the issues we have in pool.
that is good for the sport. if on side wont then it means the other side isnt credible or they are afraid of what the result will be.
scott is credible.

the other side in this case is 100% predator sponsored mouthpieces, so i don't know what good would come out of that. tyler said after the DCC that predator tables would've been better, but noone really believes that is an honest opinion. or do they?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's more interest/$$$ in pool now than in a LONGGGGGGGGG time. It amazes me that all people want to do is knock the co's/people who are trying to make the game go forward. Sure they're trying to make a buck and i don't blame them. I have zero intention of buying any Predator products but i think they are good for the overall health of the game. As is Matchroom,Diamond, Rasson,CSI,Fargo etc. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in what one semi-retired player has to say about anything.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's more interest/$$$ in pool now than in a LONGGGGGGGGG time. It amazes me that all people want to do is knock the co's/people who are trying to make the game go forward. Sure they're trying to make a buck and i don't blame them. I have zero intention of buying any Predator products but i think they are good for the overall health of the game. As is Matchroom,Diamond, Rasson,CSI,Fargo etc. I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in what one semi-retired player has to say about anything.

I tend to agree.

Having said that, if he's going to bitch about the tables and has something valid to say, he should just say it. What's the problem? What doesn't he like? Why are other tables better?

"Good for pool" or not, the marketplace should understand that there is a difference in quality within product categories. A lot of people make buying decisions purely based on marketing hype. If genuinely knowledgeable people are able to cut through some of that marketing hype, I think ultimately that's good for the marketplace too.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That flyer is interesting. I have no problem accepting that that table is #1 for tournaments as CSI runs their state events in conjunction with several Predator events. What I do wonder about is the pocket dimensions.

I have never shot league pool on 4.25" pockets. And, in my limited experience, barbox side pockets were always the same size as the corners.

Scott, of course, may have a different argument.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Awkward.

On the flip side, Predator has probably pumped more cash, blood, sweat and tears into billiard sports than any other single entity, ever.

Karim ain't no dummy. He wants make a win-win for players and Predator.

Face it- pro pool is a loss leader.
I have to go with black balled on this one!

In comparison, other large brands have not been very generous to the sports icons!

A side by side comparison is in order to change my mind!

Actions speak louder.

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
That flyer is interesting. I have no problem accepting that that table is #1 for tournaments as CSI runs their state events in conjunction with several Predator events. What I do wonder about is the pocket dimensions.

I have never shot league pool on 4.25" pockets. And, in my limited experience, barbox side pockets were always the same size as the corners.

Scott, of course, may have a different argument.

4.25" corners and 5" sides does seem like a weird dynamic for a barbox. I haven't played on one of these tables but I'm glad there are growing options for customers.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend to agree.

Having said that, if he's going to bitch about the tables and has something valid to say, he should just say it. What's the problem? What doesn't he like? Why are other tables better?
Scott offers to explicitly describe/enumerate the problems over the phone which indicates to me that he sensibly intuits the elementary fact that Predator has far deeper pockets than he does should Predator initiate a lawsuit for what their attorneys will contend are actionably libelous (slander/defamation disseminated in-print ) statements.

Arnaldo ~ Scott's legal fees defending himself (and defend he must) will bankrupt him much faster than the corporate chump change legal fees Predator would disburse over a few months of legal warfare. Lose-lose situation for Scott which could place him in debt for all of his remaining years. . . . no matter how valid his opinions may happen to be. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of talk and no substance. Just played in the Wyoming State 8 Ball Championships on Predator tables. They had in the neighborhood of 100 tables set up in the Casper events center. Were they all perfect? No they were not, but the staff made sure any issue was attended to and resolved quickly. Even thought quite a bit about purchasing a table at the event.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott offers to explicitly describe/enumerate the problems over the phone which indicates to me that he sensibly intuits the elementary fact that Predator has far deeper pockets than he does should Predator initiate a lawsuit for what their attorneys will contend are actionably libelous (slander/defamation disseminated in-print ) statements.

Arnaldo ~ Scott's legal fees defending himself (and defend he must) will bankrupt him much faster than the corporate chump change legal fees Predator would disburse over a few months of legal warfare. Lose-lose situation for Scott which could place him in debt for all of his remaining years. . . . no matter how valid his opinions may happen to be. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'sensibly intuits'??????? wtf. related to Roget or what?? nothing he said is going to land him in court.