Scruggs Joints

Fliedout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a "previously owned" Scruggs with a piloted steel joint. Looks to me as though his current cues have flat-faced joints. Anyone know when (and why) he made the switch?

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
He still makes the piloted stainless steel joint. Just depends on what type of "feel" you want from the cue.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
Fliedout said:
I just got a "previously owned" Scruggs with a piloted steel joint. Looks to me as though his current cues have flat-faced joints. Anyone know when (and why) he made the switch?
Hiya.

Mr. Scruggs does both, sir. He does the 5/16x14 piloted, and the 3/8x10 or Radial flat-faced joints as well.

Pretty much boils down to personal preference...and you can order one from him with whatever joint you want.

Congrats on your new (to you) Scruggs. They all play great...regardless of the joint setup.

Rat

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scruggs setups

Ralph and Mark(Rat) are correct in that various joint setups are available from Tim and Mike.They can tell you what they feel are the pros and cons of each although i havent seen anything but the 5/16-14 piloted and the radial offered on the website in quite a while.I really like the radial flatface setup but my 21 year old son who is a really strong player prefers the piloted joint.Either way you will never regret the decision to play with a Scruggs cue.Tim and Mike are absolutely first class gentlemen all the way!!!! Mike Sellers

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
Yesiree!

TAP TAP TAP to what Ralph, Mark and Mike have said here.....I love TS cues :)

My feeling is that you will see more 5/16-14 piloted cues -- a 3/8-10 I've only seen in an older TS Sneaky Pete!? -- the radial pin I believe is a newer offering from Tim....they all hit SWEET!

Just a personal preference ;)

p.s. -- where's your pics :eek: :D

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would love to try one of Tim's s/s piloted cues to see how the hit compares to my cue.