shaft rethreaded

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who cross threaded their shaft. Is anyone able to rethread it? Pin is 3/8 x 10. Same one Brent Hartman uses.

Thanks, John

sileighty_guru

5A Grade Wood Pecker
Silver Member
Anyone like myself can correct this... however most likely it can't simply just be re-threaded. most likely will need to be drilled out plugged and drilled/tapped again. If it is a custom cue...assuming BHQ as you referenced him? Send it back to him to repair first. Always best to have the maker fix any repairs. let your "friend" know that it's always best to turn left before turning right... it will eliminate the chance of cross threading! If you seat the threads by turning the opposite direction until it "drops into the threads".

Not that I would ever turn down a repair! I feel the same way about my cues if someone else works on them..."well there goes the guarantee".

Let me know if you need help with it!

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Rather than leave the cross-threaded section in play, the shaft should be plugged and re-tapped.
Choice of plug mtrl. is a preference of the installer.

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a musashi ACCS shaft on a BHQ butt. And the local cue guy is a hack, so there will be no drilling, plugging, tapping locally.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
It is a musashi ACCS shaft on a BHQ butt. And the local cue guy is a hack, so there will be no drilling, plugging, tapping locally.

Post office will ship a cue most anywhere to fix it, if it is on a bhq butt, I'd check with him about fixing the shaft.