Shane calls a foul on himself

c_bruner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10-9 down after breaking the balls and extensively trying to figure out a good safe. Shane bend over and touches the 9 ball with his shirt or hand and immediately touches the cue ball and put it in the whole. Corey had not noticed it nor anyone else in the room. Pretty brutal way to lose but you can say thats not good character to call it on himself when he fouled...

10-9 down after breaking the balls and extensively trying to figure out a good safe. Shane bend over and touches the 9 ball with his shirt or hand and immediately touches the cue ball and put it in the whole. Corey had not noticed it nor anyone else in the room. Pretty brutal way to lose but you can say thats not good character to call it on himself when he fouled...

Isnt an edit in order?

throne4

Registered

That is the way it should be, If you foul call it on yourself. Good for Shane and good for Oscar who did a similar thing earlier in the tournament

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Of course this should be the norm. A shame it's still a surprise in pool.

pj
chgo

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Although I would have loved to see Shane compete in the finals and win it, I think that him calling a foul on himself, along with Jay's ethical stance, in some ways makes me even happier that doing the "right thing" is being showcased at this tournament right in the face of other clear ethical lapses that have also occurred....

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Yeah, there are probably no more than a handful of pro's that would do this. He's a class act.

I wonder what Karl would have done...? Hmmm.

I know, I know, he would of called a foul on Corey....LOL.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to SVB that was hell of run the last 3 years in the US Open the guy wins and loses with class.

Seems kind of ironic that it was 2 American players that put a end to his rein as champion.

Good luck to Corey and all the remaining Americans in the tournament.

GO USA

Last edited:

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding? what do you mean not good chatacter to call a foul on himself? I now have more respect for him for doing so when no one saw it. Very impressive especially when he's got a shot at a 4 peat..moving on to the next thread

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classy

Shane is classy. Win or lose stay classy, way to go
I will steal a quote I saw by some member around here something along lines of "Class is permanent, Form is temporary"
:thumbup:

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

can't perhaps?

Jonas1010

Registered
Definitely a class act on his part. I just read his post on Facebook about it. Said he bumped the 9 with his bridge but nobody saw him do it. Stand up guy for sure.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
He did in the match with Bergman as well on the 9 moving the rack but Justin told him it was fine

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I was never a big tournament player, but I've played in 100's of action/gambling matchups where I called a foul on myself or my opponent called a foul on himself. Most of the time we would tell the other to put the moved ball back and shoot. Not saying Corey's wrong for taking the game, but to me it's being a nit. Johnnyt

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I was never a big tournament player, but I've played in 100's of action/gambling matchups where I called a foul on myself or my opponent called a foul on himself. Most of the time we would tell the other to put the moved ball back and shoot. Not saying Corey's wrong for taking the game, but to me it's being a nit. Johnnyt

In this case it sounds like Shane just picked up the cue ball and put it in a pocket right away before Cory even knew what happened. Someone else that saw it can clarify, but if this was the case, it was too late for Cory to tell him that it's okay, no foul.