SVB-101.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,072
Last edited:

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the dvd and it's great and eazy to learn and remember

Dave

Yeah. And on some shots he uses 13/16 and 11/16 and 32/35 of his shaft to the ob's edge..... He sure plays great but he can't explain the whole process. It's impossible to do what he describes. His subconscious gets in the process for sure. This method is not objective.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Imo he tried niceley to explain how it s workin for him. And you need to adjust with every system on the planet.
I show you hundreds of players who are not able to describe exactly/100% what they do.

But to say that shanes description isn t objective ?...
I wouldn t go that far. Imo he was 100% serious.

Aiming ( no matter which system!!) Is all about getting the correct perceiption. And this also needs adjustments. Everytime. You need to find out what makes ig easier for you to connect the dots, lines or angles.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE Pro One requires no adjustments and is 100% objective.

Once you get away from CCB adjustments become necessary but there is no avoiding that.

Cheers,
Gerry

david cooksey

Registered
i have never seen a video that goes into extreme details about CTE Pro One
where even a beginner could learn it by just going by a drawing.

westlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what aiming system shane use...i read and they say he use ferule/shaft aiming....is this true?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what aiming system shane use...i read and they say he use ferule/shaft aiming....is this true?

Yes and no. At his level, they no longer line up exactly like they say they do except in certain situations. They play with their subconscious, not their conscious mind. Better described as "feel". However, this is most likely the way he learned to aim.

In other words, he's not consciously lining up his ferrule to a certain part of the ob. His subconscious does it automatically now without having to think about it.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
CTE Pro One requires no adjustments and is 100% objective.

Once you get away from CCB adjustments become necessary but there is no avoiding that.

Cheers,
Gerry

Hoe Gerry?
Wrong thread? or did i misunderstood something :)

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure this is how the vast majority of players aim who have never seen or read about other aiming systems. If say I'm playing speed pool and I don't have time to do what I normally do, I point a part of my shaft at a part of the OB. Really is simple. I've never paid much attention to what part of the shaft is pointing at what part of the OB though.

Anyone seen the TAR podcast where Shane explains what he does? He sets up a ball about half a diamond from the long rail and 6 diamonds away from the corner he's trying to pocket it in. The CB is about 1.5 diamonds off the long rail and on the 7th diamond. He says to line the left edge of the shaft to the right edge of the OB and it will go in. He misses by hitting it too thick, which is what I've found when I tried it. He is a great player but if he tries thinking too much about it, it doesn't work too well. If he had of just got down on the shot and hit it I'm pretty sure he would make 10 out of 10.

I only like his way of aiming for 2 types of shots. Straight in and 1/2 ball. :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shane also uses the shadow of the object ball as a reference target for his tip..

I'm sure this is how the vast majority of players aim who have never seen or read about other aiming systems. If say I'm playing speed pool and I don't have time to do what I normally do, I point a part of my shaft at a part of the OB. Really is simple. I've never paid much attention to what part of the shaft is pointing at what part of the OB though.

Anyone seen the TAR podcast where Shane explains what he does? He sets up a ball about half a diamond from the long rail and 6 diamonds away from the corner he's trying to pocket it in. The CB is about 1.5 diamonds off the long rail and on the 7th diamond. He says to line the left edge of the shaft to the right edge of the OB and it will go in. He misses by hitting it too thick, which is what I've found when I tried it. He is a great player but if he tries thinking too much about it, it doesn't work too well. If he had of just got down on the shot and hit it I'm pretty sure he would make 10 out of 10.

I only like his way of aiming for 2 types of shots. Straight in and 1/2 ball. :)

Shane also uses the shadow of the object ball as a reference target for his tip, (we talked about this technique in London at last year's Mosconi Cup)....the center of his tip. Don't get to caught up in aiming the side of the shaft because even thought it's used to lock in the perception you still want to center yourself for maximum cue ball control....this means using the center of the top of the tip to the cue ball on your final stroke.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane also uses the shadow of the object ball as a reference target for his tip, (we talked about this technique in London at last year's Mosconi Cup)....the center of his tip. Don't get to caught up in aiming the side of the shaft because even thought it's used to lock in the perception you still want to center yourself for maximum cue ball control....this means using the center of the top of the tip to the cue ball on your final stroke.
Yeah that's a very good point CJ. I've watched Shanes aiming video quite a lot and every time I do I get lost. I've come to the conclusion that my mind can't keep up and doesn't work the same as Shane's. Its the same as TOI for me. I've watched your videos on it LOTS and I understand the process, I just can't put it into action. But, as with both yours and Shane's methods they have worked for hundreds of people and improved hundreds of players out there so who can argue with results?

On a side note...I saw yourself, Shane and Mike in London last year but nerves got the better of me so I didn't come over and say hi :(

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve Mizerak was standing in the parking lot talking to Jack Nicklaus and I .......

Yeah that's a very good point CJ. I've watched Shanes aiming video quite a lot and every time I do I get lost. I've come to the conclusion that my mind can't keep up and doesn't work the same as Shane's. Its the same as TOI for me. I've watched your videos on it LOTS and I understand the process, I just can't put it into action. But, as with both yours and Shane's methods they have worked for hundreds of people and improved hundreds of players out there so who can argue with results?

On a side note...I saw yourself, Shane and Mike in London last year but nerves got the better of me so I didn't come over and say hi :(

I wish you would have stopped by and said "hi".

....it's easy for me to relate to that experience, I was in West Palm Beach Florida at the golf course with several of the touring pros. Steve Mizerak was standing in the parking lot talking to Jack Nicklaus and I walked clear around the edge of the parking lot to avoid them......later I was like "what on earth was I doing?" LoL

Anyway, yes, the shaft aiming and the TOI is to create the "perception of the shot" for you eyes. The shot is an illusion once you get down on the shot so we have to have a way to "tune in our eyes" for the look we like.....nothing more, nothing less. 'The Eyes are the Teacher'

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here's a reminder on how Shane sometimes uses the center of the shaft and sometimes uses the edge of the shaft in his aiming: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3779829&postcount=20

[Note: the linked post is not talking about his use of a shadow, as he did not mention that in the sources cited.]

Last edited:

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a reminder on how Shane sometimes uses the center of the shaft and sometimes uses the edge of the shaft in his aiming: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3779829&postcount=20

[Note: the linked post is not talking about his use of a shadow, as he did not mention that in the sources cited.]

Yet another thread on the subject. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=321397&highlight=shane

Post #4 links to a video of a private lesson were shadow use is mentioned ...