Show me your Tad Kohara cues...please.

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
here is a little collage with an ivory 24 point and a very early diamond ring cue

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,778

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill, love your Tads

Bill, I must say you have some really nice Tads there my friend.. Really nice

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
I've always wondered if the hit of the BEM was any different than the Tigerwood...???

And then the difference between the big pin vs the 18 pin...???

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 4 pointer...

Custom ordered from Tad... old school joint and pearl inlays. I asked Tad to make it like his older 4 pointers.. monster hit. I'd like to add more pics, but AZ's pic uploader takes forever.

Attachments

• tadgroup.jpg
    tadgroup.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,020

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Runner....if your cue had a flat ivory joint and cap, it would be a cue I'd dream of owning........wonderful design.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tad

Bava, my buddy has the Tad you described, like mine, only ivory inlays instead of pearl, and the flat ivory joint Tad did. While playing we've swapped cues just to see what the differences would be, and honestly, they both hit like TADS... nice stiff hit,
very low deflection, draws the ball a ton.

Tad's designs to me are classic old-school.. in the GB and Szam tradition. He was a
true master of his craft.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Runner.....your cue personifies what a Tad cue should look like.......timeless.....truly representative of his creativity......symmetrical.......colorful.......classic beauty & elegance........this is like a banner cue for Mr. Kohara's great workmanship.........Congrats on owning a piece of pool nostalgia and a cue for the ages.

Matt B.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Tad Kohara

Runner.....your cue personifies what a Tad cue should look like.......timeless.....truly representative of his creativity......symmetrical.......colorful.......classic beauty & elegance........this is like a banner cue for Mr. Kohara's great workmanship.........Congrats on owning a piece of pool nostalgia and a cue for the ages.

Matt B.
Thanks, brother... I definitely like the classic look, all made by hand, no CNC..
I full agree about Mr. Kohara's workmanship... IMHO, he'll always be one of the most revered cuemakers of all time, maybe up there with Gus and George!

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tad cue fans out there, may i ask if there is a reason behind Tad choosing birdseye maple for a majority of 90% of his cue ?
Rarely see a tad cue with ebony or cocobolo forearm.
Is bem a major factor behind the way a Tad cue suppose to hit ?

Anyway, have always appreciate the workmanship of Tad cues , enjoy shooting tad cue lovers :)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Tad cue fans out there, may i ask if there is a reason behind Tad choosing birdseye maple for a majority of 90% of his cue ?

Anyway, have always appreciate the workmanship of Tad cues , enjoy shooting tad cue lovers :)

I think he just did it to keep things simple and for the look he wanted . Just like his joint rings and linen wrap color.
He has used purpleheart and stained zebrawood .

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think George Balabushka was a big fan of straight grain maple........I think that Joel Hercek has an affinity for curly maple.........personally, I am strictly a BEM cue collector.
With the right patterns and stain, I have yet to see any other wood that looks better in the classical type design cues I prefer. I have two cues underway right now with two
different cue-makers. Both asked me if I wanted to use a different wood for my cues and I told them to pick the prettiest BEM they had for my design......the biggest challenge
was not the pattern of the BEM but rather the weight........I prefer lighter weight cues and strictly with BEM forearms and ebony points & sleeve.

Matt B.

biker2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Below is my current Tad player. Love the veneer colors and how it plays.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424472074766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424472074766.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 829
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424472114093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424472114093.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 721
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424472370961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424472370961.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 681

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

Fred told me that they limit the amount of cues done in other woods to keep the rarity of those cues.