Show us your Davis-Blank-Cue's

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Here is my favorite short splice John Davis blanked cue, a 5 veneer Balabushka style Thoroughbred Fine Billiard Instrument

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

I have to mention the inlaid ring above the wrap in Myron's cue, which kept it full splice. His is the fanciest CA$H cue we have done.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Another Ca$h Cue. Davis double full-splice blank made from Brazilian Rosewood, BEM, and natural phenolic that was part of Bill McDaniel's aged stock. Veneers black, orange, mahogany, maple. Ivory Hoppe ring & 1/2 SS piloted joint.

We had a lot of fun making that cue for you Chris! Here is a Brazilian Rosewood John Davis full splice blanked Thoroughbred Fine Billiard Instruments cue. I don't think the owner would mind me showing it off.

DSC00675-1-1.jpg

Lt Dan

Registered
Davis/Prince conversion!

The first thing you notice when you step into Johns shop is the odor!
The smell of aged exotic hardwoods. Shavings 10,15,20 years old! mixed with a pungent odor of cigar, amazing! "that smell, I love that smell, smells like victory":smile: what a honor to be invited to His shop! ( If you ever are invited, do not pass the oppurtunity & consider bringing Him a small gift of thanks for the invite !:smile:001.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

Davis,Prince conversion 002.JPG

017.JPG

sneak_peter

"the tulip way of life"
Silver Member
Here is my favorite short splice John Davis blanked cue, a 5 veneer Balabushka style Thoroughbred Fine Billiard Instrument

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

this is really sharp looking with that matching case! is it an engles? i have one similar, but the stripes weren't that bright, so i let them remove.

i own a carolina cue out of a davis blank, but have to take some pics first. it's a wrapless thuya burl with ebony forearm.

Last edited:

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to own the top davis cue - he built it for me about 3 years ago

nice cues

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
Thanks for the cue.

The only cue's original to me is the titlist window cue and the cocobola cue with the green and yellow veneers.
-Branko

cuemasterpieces

When a man loves a woman
Silver Member
Cash cue that I picked up this past year... John Davis Double Splice blank!

Forearm with one of my favorite veneer patterns (Black, Orange, Green and Maple)...

Cash_1266.jpg

Myron,

you know how much i like that Cue :grin-square:
Hope you are well
Berny

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

I have to mention the inlaid ring above the wrap in Myron's cue, which kept it full splice. His is the fanciest CA$H cue we have done.

Incredible Cue Tommy ..is this the one which was gone ??

Berny

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one that I used to own done by Corsair. Tommie1351 has it now and the photos are borrowed from him.

Attachments

• Corsair_full_cue-1.jpg
    Corsair_full_cue-1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,404
  • CorsairButtSleeve.jpg
    CorsairButtSleeve.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • CorsairVeneers.jpg
    CorsairVeneers.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,409
  • CorsairJoint.jpg
    CorsairJoint.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,431
  • CorsairForearm2.jpg
    CorsairForearm2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,396

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I would love to see Cues, which where build from a John Davis Blank ... no matter if they are from a long splice or a short splice Blank

Thanks in Advance :)

Berny

From the top, cues 2,3,5,6, and 7 are all made from Davis Blanks.

Gracio, Gracio, Brick, Brick, Corsair.

IMG_0404.jpg

WORKING MAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brick

Purple heart into cocobolo and calf skin wrap,,also coco diamonds and windows,,
048.jpg
[/IMG]
049.jpg
[/IMG]