Show your palmers

Barry13

Registered
show your palmers

Hey guys, thanks for all your accolades. Do these Palmers count too?
One 2x2 and four 2x1s.

Attachments

• 100_3854a.jpg
    100_3854a.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,015

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
great cue capt........i used to own one that was a lot like your cue.....i wish i neevr sold it....mine was almost 20 oz. but the balance was so nice.....

Thanks, I love the balance also, just ever so slightly forward, when I decided to put it away as a keepsake the only other cue I could find that was close was a Balabushka Limited Edition 3, so I mostly play with that now, but still take out the Palmer every once in a while.:grin-square:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Model 3 1965 ish...

Nice cue.. supposedly redone by Palmer in the later 80's, early 90's.. two original era shafts, the one is definately a Palmer from the 80's.. I bought it from the original owner at the SBE

JV

Attachments

• palmer_3_fore.jpg
    palmer_3_fore.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 984
  • palmer_3_butt.jpg
    palmer_3_butt.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 986

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Palmer

I haven't had these out in a while. They have been in storage collecting dust. There are a few from catalogs 1-3. Thinking about adding e few more. Although these are not for sale I thought some would enjoy seeing them. I was asked why I didn't put these in order so I decided to oblige. Some of them are personalized. I will list the names on the cues. Top cue is a Meucci.

1ST CATALOG:
#5 - Larry Beane
#6 - Fast Eddie
#9 - Pete Leggeri//with gold trim
#10 - Willie Zago
2ND CATALOG:
Model D - Dennis Sower
Model D - Palmer
Model E - Palmer
Model E - Kris
Model G - Tony Kuhn//Red
Model G - Palmer//Green
Model K - Shank The Bank
3RD CATALOG:
Model 14 - Name removed
Model 16 - R.A.M.///Randy Holt (Rdwell)

Thanks for looking.
011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Last edited:

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After seeing that last post I'm kind of embarrassed to put these up.. What a nice collection.. This is a few of mine..

Attachments

• IMG_7413.jpg
    IMG_7413.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_7414.jpg
    IMG_7414.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_7416.jpg
    IMG_7416.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_7419.jpg
    IMG_7419.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 794
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 855

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few more pix

This cue was originally ordered by Carter Campbell.. I think he played Pro Football back in the 70's..

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 788
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 835
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 807
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 823
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 837

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful stuff.

Thanks to everyone for adding pics of their Palmers. It's really interesting to see other Palmer owners collections.

I will try to post some pics of mine in the next few days. I ordered a Palmer Model B back in 1975 ($65.00) which I still own and still use.

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a Palmer meeting.

Your Model J is very nice. I love the all original/unrestored cues. I also like the ones that are personalized.

The Model 11 is also very nice.

I really need (need is probably the wrong word) a Model J. I missed-out on one earlier in the year at a bargain price.

Along with my appreciation for the high end Palmers, I have a strong interest in the bar cue conversions with Dacron wraps.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing.

Jay

Last edited:

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
palmer

No reason for embarrassment that is a VERY fine collection. I appreciate the pictures. I bought a #16 new in 1979 with a Fellini case 310.00. Randy

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for adding pics of their Palmers. It's really interesting to see other Palmer owners collections.

I will try to post some pics of mine in the next few days. I ordered a Palmer Model B back in 1975 ($65.00) which I still own and still use.

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a Palmer meeting.

Your Model J is very nice. I love the all original/unrestored cues. I also like the ones that are personalized.

The Model 11 is also very nice.

I really need (need is probably the wrong word) a Model J. I missed-out on one earlier in the year at a bargain price.

Despite my appreciation for the high end Palmers, I have a strong interest in the bar cue conversions with Dacron wraps.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing.

Jay

+1, Well said sir, great pics everyone, thanks for posting them, and my Model "A" bar conversion still has the original Dacron wrap on it, I take it out and shoot with it every now & then.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been wanting to post some of my Palmers and will try to dribble them onto this thread.

These are a 1st Catalog Model 8 and a Second Catalog Model G..

Jay

Attachments

• PB230273_opt.jpg
    PB230273_opt.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 387
  • PB230274_opt.jpg
    PB230274_opt.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3rd Catalog Model 7

This is a 3rd Catalog Model 7 I acquired a couple of years ago and at a time when my interests were limited to 2nd Catalog Palmers. But.........

I bought it because it came along cheap. The price was low because some prior owner laid a thick overspray of varnish/poly (probably from a spray can)
on the entire butt and forearm but It was a cue with a very solid hit. I played with it for a couple of years before having it refinished by Paul Drexler of PFD Studios.

I have a number of Palmers that are personalized and I am more desirous of those with players names on the foil. For me, it gives the stick more meaning
even if I don't know a thing about the original owner. It means the cue was special ordered and more than just one of the thousands off the rack.

Attachments

• PB230311_opt.jpg
    PB230311_opt.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 751
  • PB230313_opt.jpg
    PB230313_opt.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swimming Pool Cues

I am admittedly a sucker for anything Aqua, Sea Foam Green, Turquoise, whatever. I am also attracted to the odd color Palmers, so the cues in this group are out-of-the-park for me.

From left to right, they consist of a post 3rd Catalog model from the Eighties, two Brunswick Customs, 2nd Catalog Model G, 2nd Catalog Model E, two 2nd Catalog Model B's, 2nd Catalog Model A produced in the Eighties with the Oval Palmer label, Another 2nd Catalog Model A, an NOS 1st Catalog Model 8, and finally a 1st Catalog Model 1.

The silver and green Model A was a most pleasant purchase through Joe Van Buren of classiccues.com and a few others were formerly part of Chris Tate's collection.

The green and black Model B was acquired through a local AZ member from an owner right in my own hometown, proving that while some things are 3,000 miles away, others are only an arms-length from home. Unfortunately, another driver ran into him on his way to our meeting.

I have been fortunate that, knock-on-wood, I have had very nice experiences in my transactions with the former owners of these cues.

Attachments

• P5090045.jpg
    P5090045.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
WOW that's a great looking collection...

Its important to collect what you enjoy and like and you've done really well. All nice for sure.

JV

I am admittedly a sucker for anything Aqua, Sea Foam Green, Turquoise, whatever. I am also attracted to the odd color Palmers, so the cues in this group are out-of-the-park for me.

They consist of a Palmer Brunswick Custom, Model A, Model E (probably), and a what I believe to be a 1st Flyer Model B.

The Model E doesn't match any of the catalog Palmers exactly, but I've seen others with this exact butt design. Possibly this was a style made after the 3rd Catalog cues were underway. I bought this 10 years ago when the market was H O T, but I have no regrets as I have not seen another in Turquoise since.

The 1st Flyer Model B was sold to me as one that spent it's entire life from new in a collector's showcase. It gives every indication of being unused and unrestored.

The Model A is another recent acquisition that was graciously sold to me by Joe Van.
View attachment 304764

View attachment 304765

View attachment 304766

View attachment 304767

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Green Palmers

They consist of a Palmer Brunswick Custom, Model A, Model E (probably), and a what I believe to be a 1st Flyer Model B.

The Model E doesn't match any of the catalog Palmers exactly, but I've seen others with this exact butt design. Possibly this was a style made after the 3rd Catalog cues were underway. I bought this 10 years ago when the market was H O T, but I have no regrets as I have not seen another in Turquoise since.

The 1st Flyer Model B was sold to me as one that spent it's entire life from new in a collector's showcase. It gives every indication of being unused and unrestored.

The Model A is another recent acquisition that was graciously sold to me by Joe Van.
View attachment 304764

View attachment 304765

View attachment 304766

View attachment 304767

now I see why you like my green Model G
nice collection

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20 and Counting

In a land long ago and far away, I dreamed of owning one of the famed Model 20 Palmers, the model that people either love or hate, appreciate or dismiss, or in my case, either can or can't afford.

The latter being the case, at least at the time, I embarked on having one made. It was a long build time and as time went on, the market for Palmers softened and prices dropped bringing a real Model 20 down into my range of affordability. Getting my hands on a real 20 aided in an accurate build of the Tribute 20.

So what we have here is a pair of "Model 20's" or more accurately, not really as one is a pretender. I turned the personalized foil on the real Palmer away from the camera, just for jollies. The faux 20 has genuine Palmer foil but is not embossed in any way and I would never ever insert a real or reproduction foil in that window. We don't do those things around here. Besides, I like the cue for what it is: a Model 20 Tribute.

Attachments

• PB230300_opt.jpg
    PB230300_opt.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 374
  • PB230304_opt.jpg
    PB230304_opt.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 383
Last edited: