Sick and tired of Predator “nightmare customer service” 😠

DeeDeeCues

most wood has grain , thView attachment 754858it appears to be just a hunk of plastic actually..
and what is this spot then, ( circled) it looks like its broken though a thin layer to the wood below the label or thin plastic layer, or whatever it is..

If the part was wood then when you peered into the crack it would be wood color, it looks like it is actually just hard plastic material that's glued to the wood.
The crack looks more like it' s plastic than wood, wood has grain. looks like it was just made of cheap plastic and that's a a shrinkage crack. I think what they are doing there is using hard plastic to imitate ebony.. but real ebony has grain.

That is reflection.

snookered_again

it loooks like plastic to me, if you zoom in and lo at the crack there is no apparent grain, the crack is jagged and underneat the surface there is no grain and it is black. usually wood cracks along the lines of the grain.. to me this appears as a stress crack , maybe from expansion and being trapped or similar.

if it cracked and wasn't knocked or dropped , then one would think a company like predator would honor it..

Ive heard of people tightning cues u and then the cue sees some temperature change, maybe a situation like that?

ive seen other decent cues with a black area like that where chunks have come off.. I think it's actually it's some sort of hard plastic, more like a pool ball or bakelite, or epoxy ,, that stuff polishes up shiny, has no grain.

it can look like lacquer but what wood cracks on a jagged line like that to expose black innards and no grain within?

hard plastics tend to crack in such ways, wood will normally crack along a grain line. that line is a bit like a zig zag. try zooming in ..

DeeDeeCues

it loooks like plastic to me, if you zoom in and lo at the crack there is no apparent grain, the crack is jagged and underneat the surface there is no grain and it is black. usually wood cracks along the lines of the grain.. to me this appears as a stress crack , maybe from expansion and being trapped or similar.

if it cracked and wasn't knocked or dropped , then one would think a company like predator would honor it..

Ive heard of people tightning cues u and then the cue sees some temperature change, maybe a situation like that?

ive seen other decent cues with a black area like that where chunks have come off.. I think it's actually it's some sort of hard plastic, more like a pool ball or bakelite, or epoxy ,, that stuff polishes up shiny, has no grain.

it can look like lacquer but what wood cracks on a jagged line like that to expose black innards and no grain within?

hard plastics tend to crack in such ways, wood will normally crack along a grain line. that line is a bit like a zig zag. try zooming in ..

See my photo of ebony. Plastic used in cues won't break like that. Ebony will.

Or just keep arguing the same point. The ebony I took a photo of has been in my possession for over 25 years.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I've seen a buttsleeve crack like that when the wrong weight bolt was forced into it.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ebony is extremely prone to cracking. It has to be cured very carefully or the oils will dry leading to cracks. Predator is not the company I'd be wanting to purchase ebony from.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I've seen them crack like that from pneumatic pressure from having the butt hit to sharply on the floor. Brian.
I have never seen it happen from that without also cracking the buttcap and trim rings.
OP also stated that the cue is unused.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never seen it happen from that without also cracking the buttcap and trim rings.
OP also stated that the cue is unused.
It did crack everything. He actually didn't hit the cue that sharply on the ground. Missed a shot, popped the cue down on the bumper, and put 2 long cracks in it up to the wrap. Brian.

DeeDeeCues

It did crack everything. He actually didn't hit the cue that sharply on the ground. Missed a shot, popped the cue down on the bumper, and put 2 long cracks in it up to the wrap. Brian.

I think you and Sheldon are talking about two different things. Sheldon is saying that it isn't what happened to this cue. I don't think you are saying that, either.

Yes, hydraulic pressure (the rubber bumper acting like a fluid) has cracked many cues. First one I was asked to repair was a Predator over twenty years ago. It is why I don't use rubber bumpers on my cues.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
This looked like a scratch in the clear coat years ago, the pics make it look far worse but it’s visible to the naked eye and you can also feel it. The cue still plays fine but the majority of that has happend in a much shorter time than how long I have had the cue, comparatively. It’s not a Predator 😮‍💨😂

Attachments

• IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 28

SeniorTom

I have never had a predator cue, but I have had two cases from them. The metro, and the Urbain. To me, these Predator cases are poorly designed, not having a detachable shoulder strap, and are just sewn directly to the main body of the case. Being like that, the stitching eventually tears off. I did get a warranty case from them, but it will end up the same. I don't think I will ever buy another Predator product because of this, and surely not a cue stick.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I have a few early green veneer Falcon made SP,s with warped noses. I guess I need to open a ticket so I can start an argument with their customer service dept. and then act like a jerk and post about it when they deny warranty coverage. I’m talking go way overboard and show my ass.

Nah, I wouldn’t do that because I’m not a d-bag.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have never had a predator cue, but I have had two cases from them. The metro, and the Urbain. To me, these Predator cases are poorly designed, not having a detachable shoulder strap, and are just sewn directly to the main body of the case. Being like that, the stitching eventually tears off. I did get a warranty case from them, but it will end up the same. I don't think I will ever buy another Predator product because of this, and surely not a cue stick.

the roadline case is well built light weight has is a decent hard shell for protection and it does have detachable straps, its a great case for 180 bucks i love mine

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow thats a very bad deal considering the amount of money spent on that cue. They should fix it with no ?s asked! Obvious it is a wood issue. Greatest marketing company ever in sport get the high end coins they bring in. All there products need be cut in half the cost!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Wow thats a very bad deal considering the amount of money spent on that cue. They should fix it with no ?s asked! Obvious it is a wood issue. Greatest marketing company ever in sport get the high end coins they bring in. All there products need be cut in half the cost!
OP is without a receipt. He could have picked the cue up any where. No one in this industry has a transferable warranty or offers warranty remedies without a receipt. But let’s use this incident to put a csr on blast. Let’s show our ass like we normally do.

SeniorTom

the roadline case is well built light weight has is a decent hard shell for protection and it does have detachable straps, its a great case for 180 bucks i love mine
The shoulder strap of the Urbane is sewn on and tears off easily if you carry it by that particular strap which I do. The sport case, in my opinion is very poorly designed, the carry handle is 3/4 of the way up the case Body and Carries at about a 30° angle from top to bottom. It hurts the fingers because they are being pinched between the case and the handle strap. It's like nobody thought this design out before they put it into manufacture. Check out the link and see where the carry handle is located:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The shoulder strap of the Urbane is sewn on and tears off easily if you carry it by that particular strap which I do. The sport case, in my opinion is very poorly designed, the carry handle is 3/4 of the way up the case Body and Carries at about a 30° angle from top to bottom. It hurts the fingers because they are being pinched between the case and the handle strap. It's like nobody thought this design out before they put it into manufacture. Check out the link and see where the carry handle is located:
That’s kind of weird and about 80 bucks more than the road line which is worth the money and lighter than the sport