Simmonis 860 on a bar table how is it ....

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
I just had my table guy come in and recover my table here at the house . He put on a tournament blue simmonis 860 cloth that I bought from Big Truck Ray ... Ray gave me a very good deal on it and was super easy to deal with I would recomend dealing with Ray to anyone.

Anyhow what I want to know is if you have simmonis 860 on your bar box's and how do you like it ? Does it affect your play at all? I have had some of my friends tell me that it will mess up my game when I go out and play on other tables with a cheaper grade of felt ... Can anyone here let me know what they think of Simmonis 860 on thier bar box ... any positives or negatives ... So far I have loved it but it has only been on a few hours...

thanks

ap_audio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
having played on many many bar tables with 860 when i lived in Vegas all I can say is it is extremely nice. When I went to other tables with poor felt or cheaper felt i would have to lag a couple balls to get the feel for that particular cloth but other than that, it never really affected me.

Enjoy it on your bar table, but just understand that many bar tables in the world aren't as well off.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question, I was thinking of having my barbox redone with 860.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you will have to suffer through having a nicer setup at home than that which you will encounter out and about. Life could be worse!

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 860HR (plays great) on my 9 ft table problem is when you play on bar tables with the slower/cheaper cloth it is misery until you adjust.

If most tables in your area use cheaper cloth and your home table is a practice tool (not your main playing table) go with the cheaper cloth (not as nice but you won't drive yourself crazy).

mongoose-

Banned
Simonis plays great on a box... unfortunatly when you go back to the places that have the ragedy old tables it sux.

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know why a bar table that plays super fast is a good thing?

I understand the finesse argument but tables that play like ice (like the one at BCA) is overboard.

A 9 ft table that plays fast is one thing but on a bar table (ridiculous).

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
You can't go wrong playing on "any" table that has 860 on it!!!

And as far as your game........I don't think it will effect anything, just your stroke ofcourse, playin on nap! A lil more elbo grease would be needed playing on the cheaper cloth.

Frankie

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i love it

my last two bar boxes had simmonis, now i have a 4 by 8 brunswick it has the same.
my only problem was when i went to a bar in league play that had ssslllooowww tables i had to really change my game.
other than that its great.
chuck

MO RIVER POOL

MO RIVER PUB AND POOL
Silver Member
we have simonis on all our bar boxes, we all love it yes they are fast and they are diamond tables. i have not heard any of the dedicated players complain except when they play on the grass football fields that other bars call tables. no offense to any of them but when you play on a good table it just makes the others seem like..... (you insert your thoughts/comments.) we all love the simonis cloth, good choice!
by the way you will get used to it and adjust to others quickly. we play at 4 bars for league and we all still shoot the same speed just takes a game to get back to it.

FeltMaster

You Get The 8
Silver Member
King,

I have played on Diamond Smart Tables with 860 and Diamond 9" Pro-Ams. They play great, much faster than just about anything out there, but there is nothing better. Rail condition will also effect table speed too.
It will take a little time to adjust to different set-ups, but it will be worth it.

Hope you enjoy it!
Dom

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bar box

I have one of my 11 tables with 860, i call it my table shoots sweet!!!!:thumbup:

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies ... I kind of figure if I go through the Mother drills that Scott showed me I will be ok when trying to adjust from my table to a different table ... At least that is what it sounds like from the replies I am getting ... I agree also with what Niel says and will be careful not to fall into the trap of rolling the balls in .... thanks for all the repies and helpful info and for anymore replies that may come...

I have been shooting on it a little over a day now and I love it kind of feel like a kid on Christmas morning ....

Last edited: