Sivissidis pool table video...

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seen a video of the construction of these tables and I can't remember where, somebody know or seen this video and where to see that?

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not find the video but i found a picture showing how many bolts used by rail, 6 bolts by rail, here i will add 2 more bolts for a total of 5 and some guys here think that's totally useless, I'll show them this photo.
Sivissidis.png

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I did not find the video but i found a picture showing how many bolts used by rail, 6 bolts by rail, here i will add 2 more bolts for a total of 5 and some guys here think that's totally useless, I'll show them this photo.
View attachment 756100
But why? I'm ignorant as to why having this many bolts will do anything.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But why? I'm ignorant as to why having this many bolts will do anything.
This manufacturer decided to put 6, I don't know the solidity of their rails, but one thing is certain: it makes rails which vibrate less and which sit well on the slates. Wood remains a material that is not 100% stable, here our rails have all crooked a little over the years, they only have 3 bolts each, 5 bolts must do an excellent thing in my opinion, they have decided to put one more, it can't be bad.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Airplanes are put together with a whole bunch of small screws, rather than fewer but large bolts.

I'm in the bolting business. Love lots of bolts. LOL
Got scolded by a mechanic here when I showed my table with 2x more than old antique tables.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Airplanes are put together with a whole bunch of small screws, rather than fewer but large bolts.

I'm in the bolting business. Love lots of bolts. LOL
Got scolded by a mechanic here when I showed my table with 2x more than old antique tables.
Each of us is entitled to our opinion and preferences, but when we see the Rasson tables which are mounted with excessively strong rails coated with resin phenolic and are bolted with 5 bolts, it gives a good example to follow. When I do work in metal, for example a trailer, I prefer to use smaller main parts and put more cross members and other supports, it makes my work lighter and often more solid, just a little more work.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even 10 bolts per rail don't have a thing to do with how level the table is, keep that in mind.
I don't know why you say that, I explained that for me 5 bolts is a good quantity, 3 is not enough on no table in my opinion, too much distance between the bolts. Leveling is a completely different thing, at some point I will show here the best tool system to make the surface as flat as possible and it consists of straight edge bars and dial indicators, the straight edge bar mounted with a high precision level vial. With 3 or 4 straight edge bars along the length of the table and a dial indicator, you can know the height of the slates to within 0.0005 anywhere on the table and the level from one end to the other, more than enough , but when you make an adjustment anywhere you can instantly see if others spots change. I will use my leveling method and some of your methods mixed together, the result will be at the very top level, I'm sure of that, For the moment I'm on the rails.😛

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't know why you say that, I explained that for me 5 bolts is a good quantity, 3 is not enough on no table in my opinion, too much distance between the bolts. Leveling is a completely different thing, at some point I will show here the best tool system to make the surface as flat as possible and it consists of straight edge bars and dial indicators, the straight edge bar mounted with a high precision level vial. With 3 or 4 straight edge bars along the length of the table and a dial indicator, you can know the height of the slates to within 0.0005 anywhere on the table and the level from one end to the other, more than enough , but when you make an adjustment anywhere you can instantly see if others spots change. I will use my leveling method and some of your methods mixed together, the result will be at the very top level, I'm sure of that, For the moment I'm on the rails.😛
I'm waiting😉

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Can you explain the advantages and disadvantages of having more rail bolts? I'm not sure anymore than 3 or 4 are needed but I am curious.
I suppose it kinda depends on the rails too. GC's have 6 bolts in each long rail, or 3 bolts in each half of the long rail. I don't know how many rail bolts other tables use.