Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
Skins on ESPN2 now until midnight EST.

Thanks Sweet Marissa for reminding me. Thank goodness TIVO didn't forget. LOL

Quoting McDonalds...."I'm lovin' it!"

Mungtor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I'm watching it now. I think I know how Danny is losing the weight. He's got to lay off the speed. The dude strokes the cue 20+ times before his bridge is on the table for christ's sake. :)

Seriously, that is one hell of a pre-shot routine. Makes me tired just to watch it.

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Mungtor said:
Yeah, I'm watching it now. I think I know how Danny is losing the weight. He's got to lay off the speed. The dude strokes the cue 20+ times before his bridge is on the table for christ's sake. :)

Seriously, that is one hell of a pre-shot routine. Makes me tired just to watch it.

If you think that is funny, if you have TIVO, try watching it on the first fast play mode...OMG, It is hilarious!:D

davidhop

Grade A choke master
Silver Member
Donovan said:
If you think that is funny, if you have TIVO, try watching it on the first fast play mode...OMG, It is hilarious!:D
My guess would be that Luc in slo-mo and Danny on fast forward would be about the same?

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
What does Skins mean?

I taped it on the old VCR. I watched until about half past 10 and zonked out.
I will watch the rest this weekend. At least 2 of my favorite players were winning. Danny Basavich & Corey Duel.:D I love watching Danny play. man i wish i could shoot like him. What is Skins? is it a product or company of some kind?. I watched & taped last year's show and never figured it out?:confused:

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mungtor said:

My top 3 most irritating: Johnny Archer, Kid Delicious,
George Breedlove. And I used to think Nick Varner
was slow! Archer absolutely drives me nuts.
Maybe shouldn't have included Breedlove; he's
not nearly as bad as the other two.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Last week I was asking a friend who plays almost pro level pool if he prefered to lag or flip a coin for the first break when he plays. He kind of shrugged and said it didn't matter too much to him. I told him a few stories like Zuglan losing the lag playing Sigel 14.1 and having to break. After Mike went 150 and out and Zuglan never got to shoot, you realize how important winning the lag is. Having the last break at an event like a race-to-three one pocket tourney (like DCC) is huge. I'd rather practice lagging the ball an inch or two off the rail and take my chances then flip a coin if I'm playing a real tourney.

Watching Danny lose the lag by one or two inches and then not even get a chance to play for the 54K, I'm beginning to think that these guys should practice the lag every day. It murders you in short races, especially.

I wanted to see Danny win but I like Santos and watching him scream and wave his cue when he won cracked me up.

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
bud green said:
Watching Danny lose the lag by one or two inches and then not even get a chance to play for the 54K, I'm beginning to think that these guys should practice the lag every day. It murders you in short races, especially.
Maybe they do?

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
bud green said:
I wanted to see Danny win but I like Santos and watching him scream and wave his cue when he won cracked me up.

Danny, kind of had that coming, you think? LOL

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if they showed it on TV or not, but a couple of times when Danny had some nice run-outs during the Skins event, he'd let out that King Kong roar he's been known to do from time to time. When Santos made the run-out in the finals for the win, I think he was letting out his own kind of roar -- Santos-style. :p

I can tell you this, though, his heart was most definitely beating pretty hard when he sank that last ball in for the almighty win. :D

JAM

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Pretty good 9 Ball, and the Danny guy put on a Big Show before each shot.
Danny plays a good game but watching him go through his pre-shot routine is becoming painful to watch.
I am sitting in my seat saying "Take the shot, come on take the shot".
No wonder he is dripping wet after a couple of shots.

Thanks for the heads up.
Might have missed it without this thread.

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
Didn't someone mention that Danny is taking some type of medication that affects his behavior? I thought I read that on here somewhere. I thought Archer was slow. My God. That is some slow playing.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
hondo said:
My top 3 most irritating: Johnny Archer, Kid Delicious,
George Breedlove. And I used to think Nick Varner
was slow! Archer absolutely drives me nuts.
Maybe shouldn't have included Breedlove; he's
not nearly as bad as the other two.

Why does Archer move the balls around? He keeps moving the balls from pocket to pocket when that pocket will not even be in play. During one match he moved the balls from one corner pocket to the other. Then he moved them to the side pocket. He had a 8 and 9 ball left. He shuffled the balls around again in the same 3 pockets when there was no way that they were going to be the pockets he was shooting at and no other balls were shot into them.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
want to split?

I thought I heard Santos say to Danny 'do you want to split it?' after Santos won his match to shoot for the cash...Did anybody else hear that? I am guessing Danny would have said yes if asked.