So, how much did he lose ?

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
9 footer

What size/type of table were they playing on?

Definitely a 9 footer.
Not the clearest footage.. probably filmed from his phone.
Looked like a Diamond 9 foot with blue cloth.
Table looked like it was playing good.
Not to slow due to old cloth or outdoor humidity.

Side note. Pro's these day's seem to only stay where there is a Diamond 9 foot. Even before corona they will find a nice poolroom with Diamond 9 foots and start living there.
Look at Josh Filler at Roy's...Francisco and Alex at Ray's House....All Diamond 9 foots. Rob Saez is also using one right now. The list goes on and on.
None are stuck with a Valley Bar Box with old nap cloth and a big cue ball. lol

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely a 9 footer.

Side note. Pro's these day's seem to only stay where there is a Diamond 9 foot. Even before corona they will find a nice poolroom with Diamond 9 foots and start living there.
Look at Josh Filler at Roy's...Francisco and Alex at Ray's House....All Diamond 9 foots. Rob Saez is also using one right now. The list goes on and on.

Basically JB out of his element.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
He's not paying if his company goes bankrupt.

He tells his shareholders (debtor) that business is going to make a profit and he intends to pay but not at the expense of his employees. He will use his savings towards his employees before paying them.

I wonder if they are part of the company now. Some stake. That's what I would ask for. The money owed is more than the company.

Lol my company is worth millions. Any other time i would just pay this off in a few days and be done with it. Those who have businesses understand the importance of cash flow and cash on hand during an economic downturn.

As i said in the video those i lost to can look at it as a covid 19 savings account. They are all experienced gamblers and know how it goes.

I never ever intended to lose this much even by my standards this was beyond crazy. But everybody is going to get paid and no one is sweating it. I am glad you all are taking about it and speculating but we are ok. No one else but my wife and i own our company and never will unless someone makes us a ridiculous but serious offer. Which honestly is never likely to happen because our business is deliberately niche with complex moving parts that make it very hard to simply step in.

Without going into details we spent over 300k in the first quarter and since March we out, like our colleagues, the significant revenue that comes with don't the big events. We might make that up if those events are held later in the year but it's doubtful as the nation will still be digging out a financial hole.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You’ve exceeded your private message storage. But, I have to ask - why do you want me to contact you?

Matt contact me privately please. We will work it out with a full refund and a free custom case. Never any intention of not making your case. Just an order that for lost in the shuffle and i can't even remember the reason right now why it stalled. In any case not getting it done is completely inexcusable and we will get you taken care of with interest.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Definitely a 9 footer.

9ft with deep shelves and the hardest shims i have ever felt. I can't remember rattling so many shots in my life. Was brutal conditions which would have been ok for low stakes as a personal test but definitely much tougher in nose-open mode. The table itself played good but with those shelves touching the rails was a miss more often than not.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
3 very successful pool companies -The first was Instroke which he sold after 5 years or more I think, i forget the second one but it was just as well known, and JB Cases and he can't come up with $35K?? He either has no idea what he is doing, Piss poor money management or he just wants to slow roll paying off the debt. Take your pick but none of them are good.

Still that being said the guys owed should offer to settle at 40 cents on the dollar IF they are paid within 2 weeks. It was totally free money that they were stealing from a mentally compromised individual.

Lol your nailed it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This whole event should just be between and those he owes money to. Which is why he shouldn't have posted those videos in the first place. They did nothing but make him look foolish and a poor businessman in front of many of his clientele. Makes no sense to publish those.

It's ok they are used to me looking foolish. I guess i am lucky that i chose to focus on making high quality cases. That seems to come for some extra tolerance for the maker to act foolishly once in while.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It sounds like an air barrel fest me. Lot's of testosterone and no cash. just like High School. Cry me a river.

Only air if they don't get paid. What are the chances i can get paid the thousands i am owed from people who have stiffed me?

But yeah definitely testosterone was involved. I guess the lesson there is to get some before playing :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Heard alot bout the quality of ur cases , picked one up recently and was utterly amazed on the quality i got . Have never felt the same amount of protection while maintaining feather light weight .
As for ur gambling , you man up and gambled and took the consequences by acknowledging to pay up , i got nothin but respect .
Stay safe my friend , would like to get a custom order from you one day !

Thank you. Whenever you're ready we will be glad to work with you on your custom.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You made a mistake and you are doing what you can to make it right, anyone who doesn't think that is ok, is a dipshit.
As you know, most of the knockers don't have anything to begin with , or if they do, they know they are gutless , so they just sit around, and mouth tough guy words.
It's a hard hit, but you will be ok . My weakness was alcohol, all my "buddies" would help me get drunk, then try to rob me. A few times it worked, I avoid those people like they have the plague now. I also never drink or gamble any more , it makes me become someone I don't like. Good luck to you

Thank you. You understand. Appreciate the encouragement.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wonder, if John had won, how many of those side bettors would have paid off?

My thoughts are probably few of them would have actually paid off.

I too, got lessons from an old hustler from my hometown. Make everyone post, especially those you know. (I was whining, about someone not paying me after a small win that didn't get paid) Look at the AZ action room and most are on "good action list" and those who welch only happens once.

John is an adult, and since he didn't make it clear that they would need to post if they lost, then just as he said, it was free money.

John pay your debt, take down the videos and move on.

I wish all parties the best,

Ken

I am sure they would have all paid off. These guys gambler all the time.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just hoping like hell John has Lou on ignore.

I see what he posts but it's nonsense and untrue and i have addressed every point he made dozens of times in the past. There important part about that situation is that they actually stuff have a group coordinating/manipulating to get the match made. And when my friend asked them to flip it and go again they couldn't get out of the pool room fast enough.

And, he had the opportunity to play for another 20k and was scared in my opinion. That opportunity has been gone for several years because i finally said not worth it anymore to bother trying. I'd much rather spot the guy i just lost to for my life than to spend another minute with that odious and dishonest person.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I see that you're still in his head. You would know more than any of us in regards to his behavior and I think the match you had with him got to him. It had a long lasting effect and this sauna garage probably messed with his thinking. He doesn't thrive in uncomfortable situations like some people do.

He wanted to probably fit in the group and threw money out there that he shouldn't like he was some professional.

The opposite actually. I put that guy out of my mind years ago. What i lost to him we made back in less than a week. The promotion i got out of that match paid off in many multiple of what i invested in it. And i got to write 100% of the entry fee off as a marketing expense. While i appear to be stupid in the case of that match the only stupid thing i did was fail to prepare properly.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I've known many of these types in the pool room. Too many. It's unfortunate when someone can't play pool because they love the game.

First, let me say - John is a great casemaker...but I'm not sure about his "business" skills. And he has no business trying to play pool for money. At all.

He and Karen came through Richmond, VA in April of 2014. I ordered an Air Force themed custom case from him in person, gave him a 50% deposit, talked my friend who owned the pool room (Diamond Billiards in Midlothian) into buying some cases John was selling from his vehicle (because they ARE great cases), which he did, and John told me my case would be made in 8 weeks.

BTW - I have ALL of the FB messages saved, which I'm reviewing.

Fast forward to Jan 2016. It never happened. I was really disappointed. I told him, dude, I just want to pay you whatever you ask to make this case and I just get ignored. Super disappointing. So I unfriended him on FB and wrote it off.

If John put all of his tremendous FOCUS and ENERGY into strictly his business and customers he could be a millionaire. Quit the bs and trying to be Mr. Gambling Big Shot and start trying to be the best business man you can be and the sky is the limit. And I'LL STILL take that case and pay you the remainder for it if you ever want to complete it (6 years later). I still think your cases are the best.

This post bothers me a lot more than John's plea on his videos.