So Skyler got drug tested immediately after losing to Oi???

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I don’t understand all the negativity this drug test fuels among people here.

We want pool to be considered a sport, don’t we? Then we have to treat it as a sport. We don’t do drugs and compete in sports.

In Europe this is common. Last year I was one of 4 players who got picked to do a drug test at a small, regional event in Oslo.

Right after my loss they came to me, and one of the inspectors had to be with me all the time until I was ready to pee in the bottle. It took 1,5 hours 😅

They do a random draw of matches, and pick the loser if it is not the final. That is most practical, so they don’t disturb the running of the tournament.

Here is my proof (in Norwegian though) that my test was delivered. Had to wait 4 weeks for the final results.

My result was just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? How

really? How many other players were drug tested? You compound that with all the other nonsense they did to him I’d say if you smell smoke theres fire.
I smell smoke. But the smoke I smell is bureaucracy. These are Olympic nerds trying to implement a WADA-compliant testing program for a world championship. These nerds will be trying to execute the program to the letter of the standards set forth by WCBS and WADA through the use of independent contractors. If anyone involved actually manipulated the process to intentionally target a specific athlete for vindictive reasons would jeopardize their careers, the event’s standing with WPA, WPA’s standing with WCBS, and WCBS standing with IOC. It wouldn’t be worth it. It’s childlike magical thinking to assume some crazy conspiracy.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

We want pool to be considered a sport, don’t we? Then we have to treat it as a sport. We don’t do drugs and compete in sports.

In Europe this is common. Last year I was one of 4 players who got picked to do a drug test at a small, regional event in Oslo.

Right after my loss they came to me, and one of the inspectors had to be with me all the time until I was ready to pee in the bottle. It took 1,5 hours 😅

They do a random draw of matches, and pick the loser if it is not the final. That is most practical, so they don’t disturb the running of the tournament.

Here is my proof (in Norwegian though) that my test was delivered. Had to wait 4 weeks for the final results.

My result was just fine.

My complaint is testing pool players to WADA standards is crazy. Major sports in the US do not so it seems crazy to us.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I bet the procedure is all in writing and made available to participants prior to event.

When one is selected for testing, he does not leave the official's sight until test is taken.

It is common and necessary.
I'd think they all signed contract with Predator for the WPA events.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beta blockers could be a big thing in pool. Yes they are a comonly prescribed drug for high blood pressure, but certain ones are also commonly prescribed to control all levels of anxiety depending on dosage and which one.
They are also prescribed for such things as say you had to speak in front of a crowd and you get real nervious doing that. The right beta blocker would allow you to speak comfortably in a situation such as that.
So you can see that for someone that gets nervous playing pool, the right beta blocker would help them alot. Does it give them an advantage, thats debatable as to how I view it. Some would say an advantage, some could also rightfully feel that it just puts you on an even playing field with those that aren't affected with a nervious condition when playing pool.
If you take a beta blocker for high blood pressure and are someone that could expect to be tested at some point, you have two choices, stay on it and hope you never get tested, or just have your dr prescribe a different blood pressure med that is not in the beta blocker family.
I guess as some have mentioned, you could also ask for an exemption, if that is something that is actually allowed.
Ritalin

Reactions: fjk

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just one, there are more. Actually I'm not positive about that one as it's been a long time since I looked at this.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pool players barely know the rules at events they play.

What makes you think WADA inspectors do their job any better?

The complaints about past WADA issues in billiards is known and will continue to grow.

There is no checks and balances when the WPA follows IOC regulation. If the IOC made a bad ruling like with the Russian ban, then there is a permanent master and slave relationship. Without an appeal or procedure stated in IOC guidelines in the event of an urgent or immediate review of IOC policy as it applies to specific sports in specific federations, its legal black hole. Its IOC guidelines, IOC guidelines created thousands of child Olympic athlete victims due to ill trained medical staff.

Why do people act like WADA will be better? It has the same problems, the best people to hire are the ones that take bribes. There is no WADA police. Whatever you WADA do is illegal because WADA says so.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My complaint is testing pool players to WADA standards is crazy. Major sports in the US do not so it seems crazy to us.
I may be out of touch but I thought both football and baseball had testing now. And then there's cycling. 🤣

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
the organization has its policies and only an idiot doesn't take the the time to read/follow them.
This is priceless coming from you. You literally just called a man “a complete and total piece of shit” for following the rules. Not the first time you’ve done it either. Now Savanah is the idiot in the 10 ball conversation? I’m sure not. You cry more than anyone about players following the rules by calling fouls.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To WADA standards? Probably only Olympic-affiliated sports. The major sports we commonly think of in the US likely have anti-doping policies and testing but they also operate commercial tours outside of Olympic-affiliation so WADA compliance isn’t a requirement for them.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

I take metoprolol daily for my heart. I would fail a drug test at a WPA event. I am a ragged-ass APA SL7 (nine-ball) and cannot for the life of me figure out how metoprolol is helping my game any. Could anyone on this thread tell me what "benefits" metoprolol is supposed to be giving me (or anyone else for that matter)???

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I may be out of touch but I thought both football and baseball had testing now. And then there's cycling. 🤣

MLB and NBA no longer test for weed. NFL does one test each July.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
To WADA standards? Probably only Olympic-affiliated sports. The major sports we commonly think of in the US likely have anti-doping policies and testing but they also operate commercial tours outside of Olympic-affiliation so WADA compliance isn’t a requirement for them.

Agreed. That was the problem with the WPA putting all eggs in the Olympic basket.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. That was the problem with the WPA putting all eggs in the Olympic basket.
Yes but. I don’t think the WPA put their eggs in the Olympic basket. The WPA is the Olympic basket. The were never meant to be anything more than the governing body that keeps a (bigger or smaller) pocket of pool in the IOC good graces so that other bodies can tap into that official recognition to secure resources.

I would say when Matchroom and Predator originally started sanctioning and secured rights to the W9B and W10B championships, as commercial promoters they are the ones that put their eggs in the Olympic basket by affiliating with the WPA to start with.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, what we want is an easy way to success and if someone tells us, that doping tests are a worldwide standard, we start to whine about the unfairness of mankind.
We want participation medals and we think it is so wrong that the Mosconi Cup isn't a race to 100 on a barbox.
We think it's totally normal that pros in our main sports are high on weed and painkillers and we think pool only can be saved by a cool pool movie, preferably with Tom Cruise.
We play handicapped "World Championships" and can't find out why nobody has any motivation to get better.
We think pool players should earn millions, but only if they play one pocket exclusively.
And if this whole ESPN, WPA, MR, Olympic, Barry Hearn conspiracy to target Skylar isn't fully uncovered, we go and watch corn hole, because I heard they fill this little bags with cocaine.