Some news

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neal took a break from AzB a few times...not always voluntarily...but always came back, to interact with those of us here who really thrived on his great knowledge about anything pool. I also counseled him to come back to AzB, when he had decided to abandon the forum (sadly, like so many others who have left the forums due to the musings of the trolls).

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Couple years later, Neil posted he was packing AZ in...I talked him out of it.

God rest you, good buddy

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Neal took a break from AzB a few times...not always voluntarily...but always came back, to interact with those of us here who really thrived on his great knowledge about anything pool. I also counseled him to come back to AzB, when he had decided to abandon the forum (sadly, like so many others who have left the forums due to the musings of the trolls).

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Pretty sure I remember correctly that at one of these low moments for Neil he was actually going back and deleting his trail of posts which was a shame because he had such good content in them.

Neil was a man of passion and conviction and will, indeed, be missed.

A true testament to him is that posters who had regular disagreements with Neil are having no hesitation in expressing their sadness over his passing. It shows character on their part, as well. :smile:

fyi Scott, I saw a few posts up that you thought "Cardigan Kid" was Lyn (Cardiac Kid). I made this same mistake a while back. Both good guys with very similar az names.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Pretty sure I remember correctly that at one of these low moments for Neil he was actually going back and deleting his trail of posts which was a shame because he had such good content in them.

Neil was a man of passion and conviction and will, indeed, be missed.

A true testament to him is that posters who had regular disagreements with Neil are having no hesitation in expressing their sadness over his passing. It shows character on their part, as well. :smile:

fyi Scott, I saw a few posts up that you thought "Cardigan Kid" was Lyn (Cardiac Kid). I made this same mistake a while back. Both good guys with very similar az names.

best,
brian kc

That was during the last great troll war. Whilst I was around the PNW talking to trees. Came back to my post and started getting messages from members and seen the heartbreak that was Neil deleting 1000+ posts (some still live in the replies).....some people thought it was weird, or immature of him....I still side by his decision to remove his pearls from the feet of swine. Honestly house management was imop indifferent for far too long in regards to the antics of ENGLISH.

This is still a great place. There’s no instructor Illuminati, Neil isn’t my dad lol tho both of us got a fine kick out of that accusation . We we love adding to the fam and all but most of us known members/oldschoolers vetted ourselves along the way with the group in various ways in various sections and topics or a range there of.

Shouldn’t take hundreds and thousands of passive aggressive troll posts for whatever hnic to read its ugly head and chop someone else’s off. Those who dirty up the place, create havoc and drama. It does keep many away and 100% it turns off newbies.

A place to chat, virtually visit one another and share experiences, knowledge and truth to the best of our individual abilities......and the group progressing these ideas and truths greater than any single one of us could ever hope to unless maybe your Bob Byrne....the Mosconi of pool book writers. This place is greater than that even.

A place Neil was and I’m sure still is duly happy with.

-Grey Neilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro