Source for Eyeglasses Allison Fisher was wearing this past weekend

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Due to an injury, my astigmatism is beyond what can be corrected with contacts so I am considering glasses. I watched the WPBA event in Birmingham, AL this past weekend and Allison Fisher was wearing a pair of glasses that looked really functional. The commentator said they were from an eye doctor located in Birmingham but I have been unable to figure out who that is. I found Curran in PA but the ones Allison was wearing looked different.

Anyone know the vendor for these? Thanks

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
good point but yeah, the announcers were very clear about that Everyone kept talking about Curran but they repeated that it was a Birmingham vendor. I started calling one by one but that got old in a hurry

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good point but yeah, the announcers were very clear about that Everyone kept talking about Curran but they repeated that it was a Birmingham vendor. I started calling one by one but that got old in a hurry

I believe Allison Fisher is on FB, not sure if you are (I'm not), but if so, you could message here there maybe.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
best pool glasses for me (have tried curran and snookerspex in addition to these)
and gordon the owner is great at customer service
several hunderds of dollars cheaper than curran last time i checked
check your PM joel

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are problems with wearing glasses & playing pool well. A lot of folks , in the glasses business, don't have a clue of what to do. But they will sell you something. I don't sell anything, but I can help you. You can find me on BreakRAK

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet they are not offering Trivex lens material!

All my glasses are made of Trivex, look it up, it’s a higher quality lens material. It is also rated for firearms usage and offers clearer vision than polycarbonate.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is Allison's new Glasses, don't know who the vendor is...

Attachments

• Fisher glasses.jpg
    Fisher glasses.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 211

frenchpeasoup

Registered
I bet they are not offering Trivex lens material!

All my glasses are made of Trivex, look it up, it’s a higher quality lens material. It is also rated for firearms usage and offers clearer vision than polycarbonate.
At billiard-eyeglasses we offer TRIVEX / POYCARBONATE ?and all other types of lens materials. All you have to do is tell us what you want. Gordon

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At billiard-eyeglasses we offer TRIVEX / POYCARBONATE ?and all other types of lens materials. All you have to do is tell us what you want. Gordon
Good to know lots of places do not offer Trivex lens material.

Costco does not for one, which is disappointing.

Joegolf

Registered
For anyone with really having trouble see on a pool table, buy reading glasses in 1.5 power. I didn’t believe it but damn, it really works great. Two of us here bought cheap reading glasses in 1.5 power and it’s as good as the ones I had made for me. Try it, they are cheap anyway.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone with really having trouble see on a pool table, buy reading glasses in 1.5 power. I didn’t believe it but damn, it really works great. Two of us here bought cheap reading glasses in 1.5 power and it’s as good as the ones I had made for me. Try it, they are cheap anyway.

Is it possible they are progressive lenses? The higher portion of the lens is for close viewing and the bottom is for further away?

Joegolf

Registered
Is it possible they are progressive lenses? The higher portion of the lens is for close viewing and the bottom is for further away?
No, just cheap reading glasses from Amazon. I didn’t believe it until I tried it. Up to 15 feet or so it’s like watching in high definition. I throw them on to watch tv because the TV is blurry without any glasses.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
No, just cheap reading glasses from Amazon. I didn’t believe it until I tried it. Up to 15 feet or so it’s like watching in high definition. I throw them on to watch tv because the TV is blurry without any glasses.
What if you are far sighted in one eye....near sighted in the other....vertical astigmatism in one lens and diagonal astigmatism in the other lens (not cornea....corneas are 20/20)

AZslim

Registered
Due to an injury, my astigmatism is beyond what can be corrected with contacts so I am considering glasses. I watched the WPBA event in Birmingham, AL this past weekend and Allison Fisher was wearing a pair of glasses that looked really functional. The commentator said they were from an eye doctor located in Birmingham but I have been unable to figure out who that is. I found Curran in PA but the ones Allison was wearing looked different.

Anyone know the vendor for these? Thanks
From Allison's facebook:

Robert Hall
Phone : 404) 274-6805
Email : Rehalljr@bellsouth.net

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was referring to her wearing her billiards glasses outside. It's possible they are progressives where the upper portion of the lens is better suited for viewing within 9' (pool table) while the lower portion is better viewing for distance, i.e. walking outside. Opposite of the traditional progressive/bi-focal.

I doubt it, but it's possible.