Springfield Billiards Turkey Shootout Nov. 29th 10AM Kickoff time

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Springfield Billiard's Turkey Shootout
First 64 players to show up and pay will play!

541 E St. Louis Street
Springfield, MO
(417)866-4319

Billiards has a full bar and menu to appease your appetites so enjoy.

Game: 9-Ball
Entry fees: $25.00 + $5.00/greens fees = $30.00
Format: Race to 5 on both sides, true double elimination, winner breaks, rack your own
Time: Kickin' off at 10AM and doors will open at 9AM

I'll be streaming via http://www.ustream.tv/channel/springfield-billiards

Come on out and enjoy a Sunday amongst friends!

Update:
B and D Custom Cues is offering a significant bonus to the winner of this tournament in the form of a $150.00 discount on a B and D cue of their choice. If your the champ you could get a great deal!

B and D Custom Cues
1241 E. Kearney St. #G
Springfield, MO
417-869-1951

Last edited:

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yo sam, u know the defending champ will b there lol. hows the legs coming along bro? would be sweet if your able to play. c ya in a few weeks

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Will Branson Steve be there?

Will Steve Langiano be there? Or is he not allowed to play since he is from Branson?

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Good mornin' world...

Howdy dooty sportsfans!

dgarfoot, hope you can make it down this year for sure man. No idea how it will go, but I'm gonna have some fun regardless as long as the bar doesn't run outta Southern Comfort! :grin:

Kenny "Mr. Bumps" Turner, I told ya you should've married her long ago! Just look at how good you've been hittin' 'em lately! Ladies and gentlemen, Kenny is the exception to the rule that a woman will kill your pool game. Bro, you've gotta great one and it'll be great to see you both! Don't know if I'll be able to play yet, but we'll see how the next two weeks go. :smile:

Mark, Steve is always welcome to play and I hope he shows up most definately. He's a pleasure to have in any tournament. He shoots straight and carries himself with the utmost class at all times.

This is day three without pain pills.....arrrrgh, anybody gotta percocet? LOL For those that don't know what I'm talkin' about, take a look at my blog it'll explain all that.

Hope we have a great crowd show up for this year's event! See you all soon! :cool:

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Open Event

Howdy dooty sportsfans!

dgarfoot, hope you can make it down this year for sure man. No idea how it will go, but I'm gonna have some fun regardless as long as the bar doesn't run outta Southern Comfort! :grin:

Kenny "Mr. Bumps" Turner, I told ya you should've married her long ago! Just look at how good you've been hittin' 'em lately! Ladies and gentlemen, Kenny is the exception to the rule that a woman will kill your pool game. Bro, you've gotta great one and it'll be great to see you both! Don't know if I'll be able to play yet, but we'll see how the next two weeks go. :smile:

Mark, Steve is always welcome to play and I hope he shows up most definately. He's a pleasure to have in any tournament. He shoots straight and carries himself with the utmost class at all times.

This is day three without pain pills.....arrrrgh, anybody gotta percocet? LOL For those that don't know what I'm talkin' about, take a look at my blog it'll explain all that.

Hope we have a great crowd show up for this year's event! See you all soon! :cool:

I guess this is an open tournament, so mountain man can play too?
AJ Clemens. I mean a race to 5 anyone can win that even me? If I make the 9 on the break 5 games in a row. Thanks

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha sam dont let her hear u say that plz lol...mark i also live in branson and havent seen steve in quite some time, im sure hes still playing just not sure where, would be great to see him and others from around here go and support this. lately there hasnt been anything happening around here so will be nice to get a good turnout! hope to see u all there

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
He is playing at home

haha sam dont let her hear u say that plz lol...mark i also live in branson and havent seen steve in quite some time, im sure hes still playing just not sure where, would be great to see him and others from around here go and support this. lately there hasnt been anything happening around here so will be nice to get a good turnout! hope to see u all there

He has a table in his home. I saw him at the Ozarks in June. He was hitting them very well. Worth taking a chance on in the auction. If he shows up?

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Correct-o-mundo!

Yes, they are all 9 footers gentlemen. Billiards has 18 tables consisting of 7 GC3s and 11 GC4s. :smile:

On another note, since it was mentioned, the owner doesn't permit me to have a calcutta/player auction for our tournaments. :frown: I do love 'em myself, but its not up to me. Just wanted to mention that so there were no false pretenses or expectations by anyone.

I hope this doesn't change anyone's mind and we still get a great field of competitors. Hope to see you all on the 29th!

Last edited:

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey sam im not sure what kind of talk your gettin up there about the turnout, but i know of at least 5 or more coming up from my lil hole in the wall place i play, would be sweet if we could get better turnout this year the the 43 we had last year

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Lunchtime conversation...

I was up there for lunch this afternoon and Billiards' manager Scott said that he already had some signing up and a bunch stating interest. I'm thinkin' we'll probably beat last years 43. I'd love to hit that 64 mark though! :cool:

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if by some odd chance that thing gets close to filling sam be sure to call me btw i read your blog how ya hittin em?

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Not bad...

if by some odd chance that thing gets close to filling sam be sure to call me btw i read your blog how ya hittin em?

I'm not playin' terrible, but my stamina is lacking right now. Since Kim isn't around anymore to help me run the tournaments I seriously doubt that I'll be playin' on the 29th. :( Thats O.K. though because I AM plannin' on cruisin' my butt over to Tulsa Dec.3-6th for Danny and Evelyn's Midwest stop. The 6th is my birthday too so I expect I'll be havin' fun even if I don't play well that weekend! :cool: Magoo's does have an impressive stock of Southern Comfort on hand and I'll be assisting in relieving them of much of it. :grin-square:

If I think there's any chance of filling the field early I'll call you to find out how many players I need to put in while your on your way. No worries bro!

Last edited:

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Update!

B and D Custom Cues is offering a significant bonus to the winner of this tournament in the form of a $150.00 discount on a B and D cue of their choice. If your the champ you could get a great deal!

B and D Custom Cues
1241 E. Kearney St. #G
Springfield, MO
417-869-1951

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Results

We had 37 players show up for the the tournament today. Not bad for a Sunday. The results are as follows:

1st: Danny Harriman
2nd: Mitch Cravens
3rd: Jamey Martin
4th: Travis Garner
5th/6th: Derrick Newman / Andy Craig
7th/8th: Steve Elliot / U.C.

Thanks for all our participants and I hope to see you and more again at our next event!