Stay away from DAZN

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I signed up with DAZN to watch the Mosconi Cup. I then canceled right away to avoid any additional monthly payments. When I recently received a second charge, I contacted them to ask for a refund. They told me I had signed up for their yearly subscription where I make monthly payments. And they cannot cancel the subscription until June 2024. I told they were mistaken and asked that the subscription be canceled and refund made. I told to see my history that I have nor used their service since early Dec. and make exemption to help a customer out. No luck. They are not bugging. They basically hung up on me during the chat on their website.

Now even If I did make the mistake ( which I think I have did not) This my second or third time signing up to see the Mosconi on DAZN. they could have shown a little customer service and help me out. But they did none of that. They were not willing to help me in any way. They are too greedy to get my few extra dollars instead of showing goodwill to a repeat customer. Bad business practice reveals a bad business.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST EVERYONE TO AVOID DAZN service.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you paid 19.99, you likely did pay for the annual plan. To go month to month, it costs $25.

I subscribed through iTunes on my iPad and immediately cancelled, as they require 30 days notice. It looks like I was successful too.

I appreciate the Mosconi Cup starting later so I could watch both the Cup and the World darts championship in one month. In past years, you needed to buy two months to see the finals.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you paid 19.99, you likely did pay for the annual plan. To go month to month, it costs $25.

I subscribed through iTunes on my iPad and immediately cancelled, as they require 30 days notice. It looks like I was successful too.

I appreciate the Mosconi Cup starting later so I could watch both the Cup and the World darts championship in one month. In past years, you needed to buy two months to see the finals.

Sounds like my mom who bought a restrictive Basic Economy ticket on Delta to save money and then got annoyed when she couldn't get a change or refund. Read the fine print!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you paying $19.99 a month or $24.99. If it’s the bigger number you should be able to cancel right away. If it’s the smaller number, you did mess up because when I check their plans today they are very clear in their wording.

IMG_0470.jpeg

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I signed up for DAZN on Nov. 30th and cancelled immediately. I paid $24,99 for one month at that time. They have not charged me again and the site says I'm no longer subscribed. I'll check my next statement to make sure. I had to jump through several hoops and submit my password again to cancel.

So for me the subscription worked as expected but the access did not. I happened to be in the UK for the event and I could not watch the replay from there. I could catch some of it when I got back. I did watch other events a little.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I signed up with DAZN to watch the Mosconi Cup. I then canceled right away to avoid any additional monthly payments....
How much was the original charge for a month? That will tell you what kind of subscription you signed up for.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OOOOOOOOOOPs, looks like the OP dogg'd it. It happens. Those little things known a the 'DETAILS' can be a bitch.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I signed up with DAZN to watch the Mosconi Cup. I then canceled right away to avoid any additional monthly payments. When I recently received a second charge, I contacted them to ask for a refund. They told me I had signed up for their yearly subscription where I make monthly payments. And they cannot cancel the subscription until June 2024. I told they were mistaken and asked that the subscription be canceled and refund made. I told to see my history that I have nor used their service since early Dec. and make exemption to help a customer out. No luck. They are not bugging. They basically hung up on me during the chat on their website.

Now even If I did make the mistake ( which I think I have did not) This my second or third time signing up to see the Mosconi on DAZN. they could have shown a little customer service and help me out. But they did none of that. They were not willing to help me in any way. They are too greedy to get my few extra dollars instead of showing goodwill to a repeat customer. Bad business practice reveals a bad business.

When I tried to sign up for the Mosconi Cup, the DAZN website was malfunctioning, and yada yada yada although I was (finally) able to sign up for the one-month only $24.95 option (which I immediately cancelled to avoid being charged for the extra month), when I got my credit card bill it was for $90! I turned it over to my credit card company, which has given me a temporary refund for the extra charge, but AFAIC DAZN is run by a pack of shysters who try every little trick to get more money out of you than you ever intended to spend. And good luck trying to reach anyone there either by phone or by email. Their customer service is simply nonexistent.

By contrast, ACCU-Stats events are easy to sign up for, their options are clearly stated, and even more to the point, they're easy to reach whenever you have a question. I appreciate what Matchroom's done for pool, but not their association with DAZN.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recommend you sign up through another party rather than directly from dazn. Subscriptions are easy to manage on Apple products and probably similar in Android too. It is harder to pull shenanigans like a cancelation fee.

For this year, I could clearly see that I had service through January 5 but was cancelled. Plus, if there is a problem, you have an intermediary.

I do this for ESPN+ for the part of the year I need it. It works great for me. Granted, Apple takes their cut but that isn't my problem.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don't go near DAZN for the exact same reason. I do not understand that as a sound business plan, but I guess enough people get suckered into subscribing on the sneak, it remains worth it for them. This was a few years ago for me so obviously they are still pulling that crap. I buy a lot of streams but I definitely stay away from DAZN for that reason.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't go near DAZN for the exact same reason. I do not understand that as a sound business plan, but I guess enough people get suckered into subscribing on the sneak, it remains worth it for them. This was a few years ago for me so obviously they are still pulling that crap. I buy a lot of streams but I definitely stay away from DAZN for that reason.
I'm confused as to how they are suckering people in. It's in black and white on the screen as posted above. It defaults to the annual subscription month by month. If you don't take the time to confirm the selection you want before payment, it's on you. That being said, I do not like their 30 day advance notice for cancellation.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How much did you initially pay?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry Hearn/Emily&Co. must be getting serious kickbacks from these tools. DAZN blows. Don't care about the MC much to begin with but its a total non-starter as long as these asswipes are the sole US streaming outlet.