Stop Charlie, Vote for Rodney.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
OK I voted for Hatch when I voted but the current standings on the voting for the Mosconi cup now have Rodney with a nice lead and in second place is Charlie Williams of all people.

At this point I would say voting for the guy you like should give way to voting for the guy who can actually beat the guy you REALLY don't want to see on the team, and most of the people on this forum (or in the US) would probably not want to see CW make it onto the US team.

There is little chance of someone like Schmidt or Hatch making up all that ground, overtaking CW and then also overtaking Rodney.

What "can" happen though is that CW keep getting the huge contingent of votes from his Dragon Promotions spamming to his email list asking for votes to all corners of the world and Rodney splits voting with Hatch and others that are behind in the running and CW catches up and sneaks in due to vote splitting of the others.

At this point I would say the safe bet is just put Rodney in. Unless you really don't care if Charlie makes it, then you can vote for Schmidt or Hatch, but in doing so you are just helping CW's cause.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
as much as what you say makes for harsh and sad reading - it's true.

tbh it's ridiculous that the rest of the world can even vote anyway - what kind of idiot thought that up - the whole world can choose USA's player??

I don't really have much of a problem with CW - in fact i think he's a damn good player. i just dont like the fact that he's going to get into the team due to the whole of Asia voting for him. that's lame tbh.

I like Rodney (doesn't everyone? :) ) but I'd love to see either dennis or john schmidt get in for something new and fresh. Sadly it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

either way fingers crossed team USA can get the cup back this year!!!!!!!!