Straighten your shafts easy with this tool

Devilish48

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Folks... I can understand your thoughts and feelings about this product, but I think enough derogatory and negative comments have been stated. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But let the guy try to sell what he's selling. There *is* a rule about posting in someone else's thread, and that rule has been destroyed here. At this point, it's just piling on for the sake of piling on.

Chris

kgeorgia

Capone Cue Rocks!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just to play the devils advocate here, bended shafts are already worthless and pieces of junk. Why not to use this thing anyway? You spend same amount for Kamui chalks and other expensive accesories (totaly useless for me) so why not to spend few bucks to -probably- save a shaft that worths hundreds of $?

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's against the rules

to bash someone's sales thread.If you don't like it don't buy it.Don't think it works,don't buy it.All this BS should be by PM or email anyway.To the OP,GLWS.
Marc

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
Just to play the devils advocate here, bended shafts are already worthless and pieces of junk. Why not to use this thing anyway? You spend same amount for Kamui chalks and other expensive accesories (totaly useless for me) so why not to spend few bucks to -probably- save a shaft that worths hundreds of $?

You are too smart, I totally agree. You cant mess it up more than it is if its already crooked and worthless.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   0
straighten shafts tool

to those who have bashed this product w/o giving this a chance, then don't you dare buy one, just keep your opinion to yourself. 1st the Jacoby family wouldn't put out a product that doesn't work. 2nd, i've seen proof it does work. ask Pat Diveney. are there exceptions? of course. if your shaft is bent 2 directions, probably not. but if you have a Szamboti, Schick, Southwest etc shaft warped. replacement is over $300, its worth trying, & you save 1, your $25 investment will seem very cheap. regards, don "the SUREMANATER" sherman aka Sure Man Cues

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Kickin' Chicken is sending me a shaft. I will straighten it and send it back. i told him to initial it so it could be identified as his. Look for his review soon.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
First of all this is only a $25 tool so we should just let the guy sell his product, and I agree that Jacoby is a fine company with an impeccable reputation.
However, this is just an Ebay link, and I think there is a big difference between stating "make your shaft perfect again" vs. take a worthless shaft, make it playable, do a lot of reconditioning to remove the grooves, and keep the contraption at least 15-feet from a collectible cue.

With that said, I may buy one>>:smile:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Folks... I can understand your thoughts and feelings about this product, but I think enough derogatory and negative comments have been stated. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But let the guy try to sell what he's selling. There *is* a rule about posting in someone else's thread, and that rule has been destroyed here. At this point, it's just piling on for the sake of piling on.

Chris
I understand what your saying,but if the comments were all
good,nobody would have an issue with it.
With a Utube link for all to watch,you'd expect people to comment on the video you've provided people.
Just because the comments are not all positive,doesn't mean people
shouldn't be able to voice them.
And roller idea a guy said on here is a great idea that would make this product seem a little more enticing.IMO

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
how well would it work on like a one piece house cue?
So you rub the shaft with this tool? Does it dent the wood or is it similar to the technique for removing a dent with a shot glass? I'm not asking you to give up a trade secret or anything like that but how's it work?

Last edited:

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You've got to be kidding? Is this an early April fools joke. I wouldn't touch one of my shafts with that thing! Bad bad idea.
You could do the same thing easier by pushing on it with a rag in your hand or just wearing a cotton glove. Good lord...at least put a concave roller on it.
Uh..Wow.

Using a hand or a rag actually sounds like some sound advice. However, depending on the material used for a concave roller, it would probably be just as detrimental to the finish of the shaft. I love the people at Jacoby and I'm sure this works as intended. If all else fails... you have an inconspicuous weapon to keep in your case. =)

As soon as one of my shafts warp I'll be happy to buy one.

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
By pulling down on the shaft it is applying pressure and tightening the grain on the high side and stretching the low side. Even though the hook is smooth it will leave compression marks the length of the shaft. however they will come out with a shaft recondition. The trick is to roll the shaft and find where exactly the pressure should be applied. its not hard just look at the light under the cue and find the highest point. make sure that that side stays up as you pull it to the rail and then apply pressure strait down as you pull and push the tool. work a little at a time untill your familiar with the tool. Shafts with S curves are much more difficult but with some patiants you can make them playable again

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It works guys, with proper technique. What I'm curious about is how the straightness holds up over time.

Yep...It does. I've seen one used and it does in fact work. You DO have to do some reconditioning etc, but for the small investment it's worth it. I probably get 40 requests a year to "fix" warped shafts. Most are not really worth saving, but let's also face facts that a large percentage of cue repair of that nature are folks who don't wan to let go of the money to buy a new shaft anyways. It's like any other repair where significant damage has been done...I can't guarantee that it won't warp again...wood is wood.

I'm curious about this as well Sean. Even with steam methods, it's typically a short term solution.

Eric

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
It would be interesting if the hook was somehow fitted with leather on the hook so instead of metal touching the shaft it would be leather. You could always put a piece of cloth on it I guess.