Stroke advice

jh3rron

The Beard
I have played billiards for a decade and just have noticed that I have a horrible stroke. I don't know what to do to improve it. Half the time I can get a good solid feeling hit that will draw the cb. The other time I deflect and get no spin. I have been watching an older man play at the local pool hall and his stroke is a fluid motion. What can I do to get myself hitting the cb properly? I have just also now noticed why I miss a lot of shots. outside English is to blame. I know my mistakes but just need a little advice on what to do to improve. Any advice on drills would be appreciated. I might need to mention the tables at the local place are wore out. English will take on the felt but takes a bit more effort. The older man tells me that if I was on a good table I would make the shots. Dude also said blame it on the humidity lol.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I have played billiards for a decade and just have noticed that I have a horrible stroke. I don't know what to do to improve it. Half the time I can get a good solid feeling hit that will draw the cb. The other time I deflect and get no spin. I have been watching an older man play at the local pool hall and his stroke is a fluid motion. What can I do to get myself hitting the cb properly? I have just also now noticed why I miss a lot of shots. outside English is to blame. I know my mistakes but just need a little advice on what to do to improve. Any advice on drills would be appreciated. I might need to mention the tables at the local place are wore out. English will take on the felt but takes a bit more effort. The older man tells me that if I was on a good table I would make the shots. Dude also said blame it on the humidity lol.

I am in Alabama this Summer.

email me at:

randygpool@randygpool.com

ballston

Registered
You may ask indeed. It has definitely helped with stroke mechanics, set up and aiming process, including eye movements along the shot line. It has also increased my confidence as I get ready to pull the trigger. The book is expensive--it was 70.00 when I got it a couple of years ago, but it is well worth it. It aims to give you a repeatable, dependable, "orthodox" stroke. The drills are extensive and it takes time for the results to show. In the process my winning percentage in APA 8 ball (sure, I'm no pro or high ranking amateur, just a retiree on the wrong side of 60 age wise) has increased significantly.

You might also check out the Facebook group Play Great Pool.

Again, well worth it IMHO.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You may ask indeed. It has definitely helped with stroke mechanics, set up and aiming process, including eye movements along the shot line. It has also increased my confidence as I get ready to pull the trigger. The book is expensive--it was 70.00 when I got it a couple of years ago, but it is well worth it. It aims to give you a repeatable, dependable, "orthodox" stroke. The drills are extensive and it takes time for the results to show. In the process my winning percentage in APA 8 ball (sure, I'm no pro or high ranking amateur, just a retiree on the wrong side of 60 age wise) has increased significantly.

You might also check out the Facebook group Play Great Pool.

Again, well worth it IMHO.

Thanks.

Play Well & Stay Well.