suggest to me the lightest cue case in the world 2x1

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all, I've been off the market for quite awhile and I am in the hunt for the lightest cue case, I don't want a big case, all I want it to hold is one butt and two shafts and few chalks and tip tools.

I want it to be super-light, the lightest out there, main purpose of this thread is to find a light one otherwise I could google 2x1 cue cases.

I don't want to be able to feel it in my back, do you know one that you would recommend or suggest to me? thanks.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all, I've been off the market for quite awhile and I am in the hunt for the lightest cue case, I don't want a big case, all I want it to hold is one butt and two shafts and few chalks and tip tools.

I want it to be super-light, the lightest out there, main purpose of this thread is to find a light one otherwise I could google 2x1 cue cases.

I don't want to be able to feel it in my back, do you know one that you would recommend or suggest to me? thanks.

2012-01-04-rubberband.jpg

Seriously though, you dont mention what kind of case you want?

For hard cases, John Bartons Rugged cases. If you want cheap and light, a simple nylon case works just fine assuming you dont throw it around.

IMO, this is the best cheap nylon case youre likely to find.
https://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-Deluxe-Pocket-Soft-Pool/dp/B00QGM0LS2

I have one myself that I use if I go out to a bar. :grin-square:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Seybert's had some really cheap ones for about eight bucks. They were light because there just wasn't much there. :smile:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seybert's had some really cheap ones for about eight bucks. They were light because there just wasn't much there. :smile:

I was just thinking the same thing. There are some incredibly light crap cases. I would not just look for the lightest case.

IMHO ask John Barton. He'll give an honest answer for the best lightest option, even if it is not one his shop makes.

Of course, some may give some good advice in this thread as well.

The lightest would obviously be a cloth sleeve, which is available with a shoulder strap. But that's not much of a case.....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

One of the zip-up-the-side cases or the Predator black cloth "case".

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

My JBCase soft case is pretty light. I don't know if they are actually making them, or if it was a one time, special deal.

Freddie

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I am really curious about this.

What do you mean by the highlighted phrase?

Does it need to have a strap?

Do you want protection or just something to hold the cue?

As far as hard cases go, Porper style sounds like what you might want.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't remember the maker but I'm sure someone here can chime in. I remember hearing about a maker that is putting a carbon fiber case into production.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First thing that came to my mind too!

I used to hang out with a former pro that used a section of newspaper fastened with a few of those items! ( worked like a charm for getting action!)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to hang out with a former pro that used a section of newspaper fastened with a few of those items! ( worked like a charm for getting action!)

This is true. Years ago I used to walk into the bars with my Timmy Scruggs true sneaky in my hand with only a rubber band and a green scrubbie in my back pocket. Perfect.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
my mother is a seamstress and custom dress maker.......those flappy fabric ones are light lol

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

With good protection?

Any simple soft case under $20 is going to be very light. $3 ones weigh a few oz at most.

http://www.cuesight.com/sts2k4.html

This case is light and offers decent padded protection.

For more protection this one works well:

http://www.cuesight.com/stt2bk.html

Our 1x2 is very light but weight is relative to each person's pain tolerance. Our Rugged 1x2 with 3 pockets, two handles, shoulder strap and a towel ring is 2lbs. With one pocket and no handles and a simple strap it's about 1.3lbs. It even actually fits 1x3.

Without further specification and because most vendors don't list weights for cases in the 1x2 category it's hard to give you a precise answer. Above Fred (Cornerman) mentioned a 2x4 soft case that we made. Those were light cases we made for the AZB Gold Member giveaways. They were loosely modeled on the old It's George soft cases which I and many others loved. It's light and well padded as well but maybe not as light as you want. We could make one on request anytime.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/10936-case-this-the-february-gold-giveaways-are-jb-cases/