Super Billiards Expo just 8.5 weeks away!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanna play for WHATEVER AS WELL 💯…. Long sessions , what else is there to do , to cold to fish 🎣, Atleast for me , I’m a southerner ….. I’m not going to the big tournament, I’d rather us play some 1 on 1 for a few days , drink some beers , bet high and have a great time !!!! Well that’s what I’m gonna do win or lose lol
You should come up.

Southerners bring the action.

Pool without gambling is alot like a trip to the library.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really wasn't worth the 90 minute drive last year.
I didn’t go.. I was going to go for the day to watch the pro’s but they aren’t coming out for that tournament anymore. It’s not enough money and allen turned it into single elimination best of 3 sets. Hell even if you finish in the top 15 it barely pays for your hotel and the vendors have been decreasing for years. we didn’t know how good we had it a the convention center

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn’t go.. I was going to go for the day to watch the pro’s but they aren’t coming out for that tournament anymore. It’s not enough money and allen turned it into single elimination best of 3 sets. Hell even if you finish in the top 15 it barely pays for your hotel and the vendors have been decreasing for years. we didn’t know how good we had it a the convention center
You cowboys ought to start your own tournament.

Attachments

• MV5BMTk1NjcxMjcxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM2Njk3NDM@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMTk1NjcxMjcxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM2Njk3NDM@._V1_.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 18

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Fantasy land.

We can be sure you have thought this through, with insurance and the jurisdiction's food vendor requirements, the shopping and transporting and storing.

Wait a minute. I bet you don't even own a car. You better only partner up with someone who can pick you up.

Idiot!!!!

View attachment 743313

Its America, most of the event is in the parking, not the event arena. If you go in the stadium police and cameras get you faster.

That is why a supervisor is never to be found. The parking lot is more dangerous than a war zone.

Have you ever seen fighting in a parking lot?

I’ll be there, and I love paying. Even have an 8-ball jersey with a big ATM written on back of it. The younger gen doesn’t get it! Playing Wednesday opener(anlready entered) and pro(as long as pro isn’t full next week). There until Sunday so gonna have a bunch of downtime Friday and Saturday.😂😉might join the open and hope the matches don’t overlap on me.

Last edited:

RackAttack

SBC, This would Would be my second year playing in Allen Hopkins event, I always liked his game And style. I was out in two last year but I’ll take you up on your offer. I play fast, so I think a race to 9 on a bar box is a fun challenge for $100.00 American dollars. Guarantee it.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SBC, This would Would be my second year playing in Allen Hopkins event, I always liked his game And style. I was out in two last year but I’ll take you up on your offer. I play fast, so I think a race to 9 on a bar box is a fun challenge for $100.00 American dollars. Guarantee it.
Easy to lose going to 5 on a barbox.
With alternating break it keeps it a but closer, but if you break dry or don't have a shot after the break....tough to beat anyone that runs out.

It seems by Friday or Saturday everybody is getting out from everywhere.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cowboys ought to start your own tournament.
Sorry man if you can’t handle constructive criticism. Things change in life .. sometimes for the better . Sometimes for the worse . Unfortunately this changed for the worse. There is no where near the vendors their used to be and the line up of pro‘s playing in the 10 ball isn’t anything compared to what it used to be . Both of the those are just facts. Maybe you’re new to the expo but I’ve been going for close to 20 years . There is just more options for pro’s to play in that they don’t need to travel for a low pay out single elimination tournament. I know he’s trying to make it a mosconi points event to attract more players so even Allen knows theirs a problem. I like Allen. I don’t ever complain about the amateur payouts or what Allen is doing. I‘m grateful every year he try’s to put on a pool heaven but that doesn’t mean I‘m going to pretend like everything is roses. That Doesn’t fix anything.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A
Awesome
Bringing your kid sister?
No I’ll bring yours….

aweeee sorry your a gambling addict …they have hot lines for that. Seriously Though I don’t need it to enjoy the game. I didn’t say the room shouldn’t exist and that people like you who enjoy it shouldn’t so if you like it you do you. again I love the game and have been playing it for more then 30 years.. I don’t need to gamble to love Playing If you do have at it. Lol

Zerksies

Why not? I'm about 90 minutes away, newly back into pool and was thinking about going. Probably also stop by RevZilla while in the area.

The vendor area seemed like a place where one might be able to try a lot of cues?
Most of the stuff to see, you can easily see online. Unless your looking to buy a cue. I wouldn't go.

Zerksies

I liked the convention center too.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A

No I’ll bring yours….

aweeee sorry your a gambling addict …they have hot lines for that. Seriously Though I don’t need it to enjoy the game. I didn’t say the room shouldn’t exist and that people like you who enjoy it shouldn’t so if you like it you do you. again I love the game and have been playing it for more then 30 years.. I don’t need to gamble to love Playing If you do have at it. Lol
I'd run you over son....for nothing

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry man if you can’t handle constructive criticism. Things change in life .. sometimes for the better . Sometimes for the worse . Unfortunately this changed for the worse. There is no where near the vendors their used to be and the line up of pro‘s playing in the 10 ball isn’t anything compared to what it used to be . Both of the those are just facts. Maybe you’re new to the expo but I’ve been going for close to 20 years . There is just more options for pro’s to play in that they don’t need to travel for a low pay out single elimination tournament. I know he’s trying to make it a mosconi points event to attract more players so even Allen knows theirs a problem. I like Allen. I don’t ever complain about the amateur payouts or what Allen is doing. I‘m grateful every year he try’s to put on a pool heaven but that doesn’t mean I‘m going to pretend like everything is roses. That Doesn’t fix anything.
Used to see 10k matches played every night too....
When that stopped, it all got quieter.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy to lose going to 5 on a barbox.
With alternating break it keeps it a but closer, but if you break dry or don't have a shot after the break....tough to beat anyone that runs out.

It seems by Friday or Saturday everybody is getting out from everywhere.
Yeah them bar tables are for 10 year olds , I like 4” pocket 9ft tables , One pocket , 9ball and 10ball …. like you said SBC 500$ per game for 8 hrs per day 3 days in a row let’s get it outa tha mudd !

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now they have turned it into 9-ball, race to 11, double elimination until the final `16.