Tar 17 Shane v.s Donny Mills

professor1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have got to say this is one hell of a match. This match reminds me of Shane verus Alex at Derby City.Donnie's break is awesome ! he is difentily one of the best a rack your own 9-ball. If Shane ever gets his break speed down its going to even more interresting today.This going to to be a must buy dvd. The match starts at 4.30 pm eastern on the aticonreport.com.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shane better start quick like he did yesterday and build another lead, but not let up. That break and spread pattern Donny has is unreal. I would love to see someone buy the video and do some sort of morph/merge of the table layout combining all of Donny's breaks just to show how consistent it is.

Kelly

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have got to say this is one hell of a match. This match reminds me of Shane verus Alex at Derby City.Donnie's break is awesome ! he is difentily one of the best a rack your own 9-ball. If Shane ever gets his break speed down its going to even more interresting today.This going to to be a must buy dvd. The match starts at 4.30 pm eastern on the aticonreport.com.

I posted this in the other thread as well, so forgive the duplication, but my take on watching the match so far - Donny has the best controlled break on the planet - at least on that table. To watch the wing ball split the pocket and the 1, 2, and 3 roll to their positions time after time is downright amazing. It's more like a magic act.

I think Shane can outplay Donny, but the outstanding break does even up the match or tilt it in Donny's favor if Shane can't get his controlled break working.

You can't even really call Donny's break a "soft" break, because he's hitting it with decent speed and getting a good scatter.

This is a great match. We're watching to cream of the crop at their peak form.

Chris

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I think Corey Deuel put it quite well last night that these guys seem as though they've perfected 9 ball as close as it can be. I've never seen so many packages in one evening. Obviously this style of play is contingent on how a table is breaking and how quickly players can figure it out, but still very impressive nonetheless.

I would be very interested to see/know if Donny or players like him can duplicate this performance on any table. Or is it only possible on a table that he has spent some time practicing the break?

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
I think Corey Deuel put it quite well last night that these guys seem as though they've perfected 9 ball as close as it can be. I've never seen so many packages in one evening. Obviously this style of play is contingent on how a table is breaking and how quickly players can figure it out, but still very impressive nonetheless.

I would be very interested to see/know if Donny or players like him can duplicate this performance on any table. Or is it only possible on a table that he has spent some time practicing the break?

he throttled Warren Kiamco and another pinoy champion (I think Gomez) at the same game at Qmasters at the Open the past 2 years.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

carlot plays great no doubt.
remember though there are many guys who might beat shane if donnie broke like hes breaking for them.
at the pro level to make a ball and get shot on 1 is huge.
its the same in 10ball.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
All the cheering is premature...he outbroke SVB a ton and thats only good for a 2 game lead...think about that for a second.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
All the cheering is premature...he outbroke SVB a ton and thats only good for a 2 game lead...think about that for a second.

think about this way. Donny made several errors and missed a few shots that he never does, fell behind the best player in America 10 games TWICE, and he still has a 2 game lead.

I think Bartram said it best in another thread. Shane obviously has a shot because he shoots so damn straight, but if he plays Donny this way every day then he'd end up working for Donny.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
think about this way. Donny made several errors and missed a few shots that he never does, fell behind the best player in America 10 games TWICE, and he still has a 2 game lead.

My thought exactly when I read previous post. Scary...

Kelly