TAR 39 The Last Waltz

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thanks for everything Justin and the rest of the TAR crew. You pretty much created a documentary of Shane's rise.

Ya never know, Matchroom could give TAR a phone call some day, Mark Wilson got a call out of the blue.

kwakaa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck to you JCIN in all you do. Your posts are refreshing to read on this forum. No BS, right to the point. I watched that show last night, it was awesome how you showed SVB and Mr Reyes and interviewed them in such a relaxed atmosphere. Your show may be the best pool has ever had as far as showcasing players.

Awesome job showing SVB's simple case. And when you asked Mr. R his favorite food and he said "Potatoes and Steak" I laughed too cause I thought he just said "Potatoes". He has won hundreds of thousands of dollars at pool and the best american thing he ever ate was "Potatoes". I am still cracking up over that. And his best pool was at 19-25 years old. Scary. Build a time machine, pack up your camera and SVB and go to Flip land from 1973 to 1979 and tape those sets.

Just so you know, Levon Helm kicked throat cancer's ass and I saw him perform many times in the late 00's.

IT'S NEVER OVER!!! EVER!!! as long as you have a camera and an automatic weapon you will still have a show.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sucks that we lose a pool video provider, but speaking as an outsider; i have never really understood TAR's mission. Pretty much every match is a SVB match. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player, but unless TAR was created to further SVB's career, it seems that such a "one trick pony" approach was destined to fail.
The quality of the production was high and some insight into the players mind, equipment etc. was brilliant ideas, it should just have been more focus on pool and less on just that one player.
The SVBhype is something i have never understood. Great player for sure, but nothing really special compared to the other top players.

Last edited:

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sucks that we lose a pool video provider, but speaking as an outsider; i have never really understood TAR's mission. Pretty much every match is a SWB match. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player, but unless TAR was created to further SWB's career, it seems that such a "one trick pony" approach was destined to fail.
The quality of the production was high and some insight into the players mind, equipment etc. was brilliant ideas, it should just have been more focus on pool and less on just that one player.
The SWB hype is something i have never understood. Great player for sure, but nothing really special compared to the other top players.

who this sWb is of whom you speak?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't take you seriously if you don't even know the guy's name.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What a stupid thing to say. Imagine if Europeans should have that attitude towards Americans not being able to pronounce so many of the Euro players names...
Besides it's a digression.
My post was about TAR and their sole focus on Shane Van Boening.
If TAR was all about furtehring he's carrer I'm fine with that, but if it was about promoting pool in general I think the concept was too narrow in it's focus, but it still sucks that they are closing down.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So bummed I have to miss this because of PayPal problems. They requested me to send documents to be able to purchase via paypal again. Which Ive done but it will take a couple days.
Is there no way to pay via credit card without using pay pal?

And if not, do you guys know when approximately this will be uploaded?

be careful with paypal. there is a scam going on. Call paypal to makes sure its not a scam company. I got an email with som company pretending to be paypal and if i didnt call them i would have never known..

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
It sucks that we lose a pool video provider, but speaking as an outsider; i have never really understood TAR's mission. Pretty much every match is a SVB match. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player, but unless TAR was created to further SVB's career, it seems that such a "one trick pony" approach was destined to fail.
The SVBhype is something i have never understood. Great player for sure, but nothing really special compared to the other top players.

If you sold ice cream and strawberry outsold every other flavor three to one would you get more or less of it?

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member

Since he is nothing special compared to other top players can you make me a list of people that will play him a high dollar set of 10 ball or 1 pocket or 8 ball?

I am having trouble finding anyone willing to play him so your help would be appreciated.

We can play on either 9' tables or on a Diamond Bar Box. I might even be talked into staking him on a 10' table also.

I haven't went through all of the TAR matches but I am pretty sure that Shane didn't even play in half of them. One reason that TAR liked to use him in a lot of their matches was because he always showed up, acted like a professional, and played great. That is probably why he also had the biggest draws for them.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
What a stupid thing to say. Imagine if Europeans should have that attitude towards Americans not being able to pronounce so many of the Euro players names...
Besides it's a digression.
My post was about TAR and their sole focus on Shane Van Boening.
If TAR was all about furtehring he's carrer I'm fine with that, but if it was about promoting pool in general I think the concept was too narrow in it's focus, but it still sucks that they are closing down.

It shows real lack of class to come trolling in this thread. You have right to your opinion (and that's all it is ...) but pick a right thread and time to discuss it. JCIN and TAR (and us fan/supporters) deserves that much.

Take a hint from 2nd part of your forum name and just say bye!!!

Pfnatic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Another one that just wants some attention by going against the grain. "Nothing really special compared to other top players"? Really? What have you been smoking?

And by the way, TAR has featured many top players besides SVB. Only if your cheap ass would pay to buy the PPV.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin:

I know you gave it all you could.

I was broke this week or I would have been there watching with the rest of AzBilliards.

Thanks for the great pool. I will be ordering some VOD soon.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Poor form.

Really poor form.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've kind of refrained from adding my thoughts, but after reading a few posts in this thread, I felt compelled to post. :)

There is no doubt in my mind that the powers-the-be at TAR put their blood, sweat, and tears in this TAR endeavor. I remember speaking with Chad at TAR's genesis, and he was so full of enthusiasm, hope, and glee. It was joyful, to say the least, to see somebody believe in something pool-related and follow through. I admired that.

At one time, I kind of felt the same way about professional pool in America, and I sacrificed my career to follow through, as well as investing over six figures. I had the time of my life with my soul mate Keith, but we kept running into hardships trying to make professional pool on the tournament trail work for us. I don't have to tell anybody on this forum how difficult it is in the pool world to make ends meet.

I am saddened to read about TAR's last waltz, knowing how much effort went into it consistently throughout the years. I cannot imagine how difficult this decision must have been after all the work involved to make things happen. It is damn near impossible to turn a profit in the American pool world, even when the product is first class.

The skill set TAR utilized can be lucrative in the non-pool-related industries. Videographers in the court reporting industry and camera men in broadcast do pretty doggone well, financially speaking.

Hey, Jay Leno left the Tonight Show and was called back for another few years. The same might be in the stars for TAR if the public demands it. ;)

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

What a clueless, classless nit you are.......

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been a tar supporter from the early days on location at various events. They have done more for pool from the very beginning & with their accent on action appealed to a lot of us who also like heads up action as an alternative to tournament play. I sure will miss the excellence that TAR brought to our sport. Guess I'll have to squirrel away all my TAR T shirts as they are now collectors items. LOL BTW the TAR Shane/ Alex race to 100 is the best pool I personally have ever seen. The commentary with Big Nasty & several players is priceless!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
IDK why you guys are red over this. He had an opinion which was stated totally civilly. WTF?

I, too, have an opinion. And I, too, expressed it civilly.

In a thread celebrating (and mourning, I suppose) the end of a great production, there was no need to try and stir up shit. Thus my opinion that the comment was in poor form.

Yes, it is an open forum, and yes, people are free to post their opinions. Even if it is an inappropriate time and place, and even if it is in poor form.

Must everything be a crapfest?