Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2013 UK Championship
Mark Selby vs Ricky Walden
played today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjItIND88I

Frame was worth:
From accumulating 147 pot (5,000 pounds per tournament)
55,000 pounds
High break in tournament
4,000 pounds

Total 59,000 pounds
1 pound = 1.63 U.S dollar

Total $96,000

Thanks for the link! My heart was in my throat for those last few shots, even though I already knew the result.

It weren't 147K pounds, but not a bad payday for 10 minutes work. ;)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The brown to the blue was quite spectacular as well as the pink and black. Well done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
make me wonder why he didnt simply roll down the bottom cushion for position on the black. made have been on or near the rail but i bet it would have been easier than that side pocket shot lol

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Thanks so much for posting this feat of brilliant snooker.

After wading through the main forum and its drama and drivel, it is quite refreshing to see a remarkable accomplishment and a grateful crowd cheering it on.

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
That was great !! Really enjoyed watching that even though i have never played Snooker in my life, the game looks so difficult and this fellow made it look like a stroll in the park, really exceptional.
Thanks for putting it up.

The pink to black was a poorly controlled shot, brought on by overstretching. He said in interview later he should have used the rest (bridge).

He meant to deep screw it in with side off the side cushion, for a straight shot into the bottom left hand bag, but butchered it.

US translation: He meant to draw back off the side rail with extreme left English, for a straight shot to the bottom left pocket, but lost the cue ball.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those. Last. Four. Shots.

Interesting that his opponent didn't try any sharking moves and actually showed class throughout the entire run. My American pool brain is puzzled.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thanks for the link! My heart was in my throat for those last few shots, even though I already knew the result.

It weren't 147K pounds, but not a bad payday for 10 minutes work. ;)

True, but add in the two million balls made prior to this point....:thumbup:

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great run there. very exciting. thx.
the cue action of a top snooker pro is something to behold.
very nice