The $103,000 "Celtic Prince" cue. Pics wanted!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
aw go easy on him he probably found the thread and didnt realize it was so old. everyone doesnt spend their life on the internet forums.

thomas if you are still around how about some pictures for those that are really interested.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Holy Frickin' Resurrected thread Batman! I've been known to hold a grudge.. but to respond 9 years later has to be record worthy!

And to argue the point that you disappeared for a while, to then respond to a thread that is 9 years old ... priceless!

Which took longer; the making of this cue, or reply to this thread...?

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
topcue.jpg

i-51373bc97fb9a3241a1d974020f9cca3-TISC_Steinerr.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, it looks pretty, but how does it hit? :grin-square:

They say this cue cost over 100 grand, as well. :)

What good is a pool cue if you can't play pool with it? I guess people buy them just to stare at them, like a work of art on the wall.

Attachments

• dragoncue-rf.jpg
    dragoncue-rf.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 774

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is pretty awesome that that mr Wayne came on to offer his input.

And I see no diminished relevance, even given the time passed.

I don't think he likes joey.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, it looks pretty, but how does it hit? :grin-square:

They say this cue cost over 100 grand, as well. :)

What good is a pool cue if you can't play pool with it? I guess people buy them just to stare at them, like a work of art on the wall.

NOW Jennie, You KNOW what will happen if you get TW & ML all worked up don't you??

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Joey directed me to this thread (and one other) just two days ago. If any of you haters can take the chips off your shoulders long enough to read what I posted you might actually get that I was offering historical facts about a cue that was pretty iconic at the time. Most of this info has been lost among all the rumors spread by those among you who have only heard about the cue and may have seen ONE blurry photo... and pretty much made up the rest.

So I thought it might be refreshing for you to learn some parts of the story that are actually historical fact, rather than unsubstantiated rumor.

Oh, wait I forgot... this is AZB. Never mind.

TW

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
This thread is useless without good pictures of this extravagant cue. I'd love to see them if they exist.

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is useless without good pictures of this extravagant cue. I'd love to see them if they exist.

I'd love to see them too. Unfortunately the only studio-grade photos vanished into the Martyne Bachman/Brad Simpson debacle, along with hundreds of other cue photos (mine and many other cuemakers). That collection of photos would really be the historic "Holy Grail' of 90's - mid-2000's high-end cuemaking... if it ever floated to the surface. Damn shame.

TW

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Joey directed me to this thread (and one other) just two days ago. If any of you haters can take the chips off your shoulders long enough to read what I posted you might actually get that I was offering historical facts about a cue that was pretty iconic at the time. Most of this info has been lost among all the rumors spread by those among you who have only heard about the cue and may have seen ONE blurry photo... and pretty much made up the rest.

So I thought it might be refreshing for you to learn some parts of the story that are actually historical fact, rather than unsubstantiated rumor.

Oh, wait I forgot... this is AZB. Never mind.

TW
I dunno what this azb shit is but It sounds fkkin awesome.

TheCutShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see them too. Unfortunately the only studio-grade photos vanished into the Martyne Bachman/Brad Simpson debacle, along with hundreds of other cue photos (mine and many other cuemakers). That collection of photos would really be the historic "Holy Grail' of 90's - mid-2000's high-end cuemaking... if it ever floated to the surface. Damn shame.

TW

If Mr. Wayne is still around, I would like to ask him a Question, Why don't you have your own Website? (maybe you do somewhere, but i'll be damn if I can find it). You can obviously afford it!

If you had a Website you could post & store photos of all of your incredible high end cues, then the photos wouldn't get lost and would be available for occasions such as this one. I remember a story about your Cues from a Pool & Billiards Mag. article many years ago that had photos of some of your Cues from the time (I'll never forget the "Jigsaw Puzzle" Cue. Well I wanted to see more, so I started trying to find a website for you back then, with the same result as today, can't find one.

Here's another Idea - as an artist (Oil Painting), when I have a painting in progress I take photos of it as I make a bit of progress on it, just to check my work, sometimes I'll see something in the photo that wasn't immediately obvious to my eyes that needs an adjustment or touch up, when the painting is finished I then take all of the photos and put them together in a Video/Slideshow and post them to my YouTube Channel so that anyone that is interested can watch and see the process I went through to create the painting. It would be interesting to see you do something similar when you are working on one of your masterpieces!

If your interested in seeing what I'm talking about, here is the link to my YouTube Art Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEm8JrRkjB2bN6XZGHflEcw

It is a new channel I just recently set up, so I don't have a lot of videos on there yet, but I am working on it.