The 2021 International Open PPV

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
THE FINALS !!
★★ THE 10-BALL BIGFOOT ★★ DAY 3 The 9:00pm EST match on schedule will be next 10/26/2021
You can choose to watch the match of your choice, Purchase your EVENT PASS and Switch between matches
https://www.accu-stats.com
EVENT PASS is for Full EVENT.
9-Ball and 10-Ball BigFoot
Mika Immonen vs
Joshua Filler
finals 2.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I applaud the effort to get 13 simultaneous streams going, and make the tournament available to a wide audience. Before charging people $80+ for this service, there are quite a few bugs to work out.
  • Matches with a large fan base, such as SVB, overwhelmed the resources, making the entire stream unavailable or unwatchable.
  • Matches showing a live score and indicated as streaming were missing from the streams, no matter how many times you refresh. This match, for example:
  • View attachment 614364
  • Several of the streams look like this (while other streams at the same time were fine):
  • View attachment 614365
  • The majority of the streams had no scoreboard/player names except for the feature table.
  • If streams did have scoreboards, they were not updated as the game progressed, and often were the wrong player names.
    • You can access the live score at digitalpool.com, but if you are streaming to a TV, can't do both at the same time.
    • Scores and player names will be missing in the archived version, unless edited in post production.
  • Most of the time the schedule page did not even list the correct day, as shown here in Winner Round 4:
  • View attachment 614367
  • Several of the streams had a pronounced waving, as if being filmed on a ship in a hurricane. No attempts were made to stop the waving after requests were made.
  • Streams would be restarted, losing the current connection, seconds before a match was to start. Requiring me to refresh the page and relaunch the player.
  • Almost every time a match was on the feature table, no ambient noise was played. Sometimes after repeated requests the room/player mic was adjusted.
  • I watched 100's of requests in the accu-stats chat room for schedules and scoring. There was no site where links to digitalpool.com for all of the brackets/scores (including the Bigfoot 10 ball tournament). Put links in prominent places on the tournament and accu-stats sites.
  • The interface to select the stream is terrible. Requiring users to refresh every 10 minutes to get the links for the buttons to update is extremely poor and lazy coding. There needs to be adequate space between the buttons so that they are readable. Each link for a video should include basic information such as the player names, instead of just a table number.
  • Do not oversell your connection/server resources and blame the end users.
Until accu-stats either severely cuts the pricing to match the quality of this service or addresses these issues, they have lost this possible repeat customer.

Very good post and great analysis. You should really post more and contribute your analyses (y)

Had issues with stream earlier especially around start 11am with almost all tables not watchable. After that , feature table freeze number of times and keep having to refresh. Now so far final 10 ball no freezing so far.
You are spot on that the pricing did not match quality of the stream. In fact this is first time in past few years that I had such stream issues on PPV. :(

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
★★ 9-BALL ★★ DAY 5 The 11:00am EST match on schedule will be next 10/27/2021
You can choose to watch the match of your choice, Purchase your EVENT PASS and Switch between matches
Blaine Barcus vs
Lee Vann Corteza
11am Day 5 match.jpg

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I can only see the feature table today yet I paid for the full package. No chat available either. Any ideas?

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
★★ 9-BALL ★★ DAY 5 The 1:00pm EST match on schedule will be next 10/27/2021
Alex Pagulayan vs
Mario He
1pm day 5 match.jpg

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
★★ 9-BALL ★★ DAY 5 The 5:00pm EST match on schedule will be next 10/27/2021
Earl Strickland vs
Denis Grabe
5pm Day 5 match.jpg

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
★★ 9-BALL ★★ DAY 5 The 7:00pm EST match on schedule will be next 10/27/2021
Jonas Souto vs
Shane VanBoening
7pm Day 5 match.jpg

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
★★★ BOOM ★★★ Check this out !! 9:00pm EST MATCH
Runner up of the 2019 International VS the runner up of the US Open 2021.
★★ 9-BALL ★★ DAY 5 The 9:00pm EST match on schedule will be next 10/27/2021

Aloysius Yapp vs Max Lechner
9pm Day 5 match.jpg

Badpenguin

Very good post and great analysis. You should really post more and contribute your analyses (y)

Had issues with stream earlier especially around start 11am with almost all tables not watchable. After that , feature table freeze number of times and keep having to refresh. Now so far final 10 ball no freezing so far.
You are spot on that the pricing did not match quality of the stream. In fact this is first time in past few years that I had such stream issues on PPV. :(
At this price point, and the Accu-Stats name, perhaps my expectations were a little high. For the price I paid I expected a professional live streaming service to be behind it, serving out of a content delivery network instead of a single server farm (bottleneck) in Michigan. Doing live video under high demand is extremely difficult to pull off. Pretty much impossible for non-professionals.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there one full production table, and the side tables are a single fixed camera? Is there sound on the side tables? Thanks.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was looking forward to Earl- Jason only to find out about a redraw. Can' fault the streamer for that although a heads up would have been appreciated.
Then i go to the livescores ,it says no matches being played. Go to main base and theres Yapp and Lechner.A lot of working on the system and attitudes needs done. And scores on the other tables rather than going back and forth. I'm out.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The times are all correct and I fixed the dates.
I'm rooting for Ouschan / Filler and Aranas / Kazakis to be the featured 4:00 and 6:00 matches, although Mika / Lechner wouldn't be a bad 4:00 backup. Let SVB earn his way onto the feature table by winning another couple of matches.