The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can call your turd a rose all day long, it doesn't make it so. Playing a good game of semantics won't change the facts.

:frown:

Well if you want to play in a handicap league and just play an honest game and never win a trip to the nationals and keep donating, that's fine with me.

Just don't be mad at the people that win because there is only on way to get there. They get the money and all the roses.:D

I don't care what handicap league it is, all the winners got there one way and one way only. They must have skill and luck.:thumbup:

Banks

Banned
:frown:

Well if you want to play in a handicap league and just play an honest game and never win a trip to the nationals and keep donating, that's fine with me.

Just don't be mad at the people that win because there is only on way to get there. They get the money and all the roses.:D

I don't care what handicap league it is, all the winners got there one way and one way only. They must have skill and luck.:thumbup:

I've been to nationals 3 times. Don't be mad because you can't compete without cheating.

Edit: As for the money, I settled for what I could..

3rd $4,000
$ 300 - Outlaw Commemorative Championship Cue by Cuestix
$ 100 - Cash at Registration
$3,450 - Cash Payout
$ 50 - Outlaw Single Cue Case
$ 100 - Commemorative Championship Jacket

Last edited:

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
Imo, if you disqualify a team in the money, each team below that team moves up one spot in the payout and the team that busted on the money bubble is now in the money. That's how it is handled in poker and it seems fair to me.

I think they decided to just donate to charity because your plan would just be a mess. Was this a regular bracket type event? If so then not every team can just simply move up one spot. The reason is that if they paid 9-12 the same amount because they all got knocked out in the same round then who gets moved up?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comment Mark. Just to show anything is possible, I played the last BCAPL / ACS session as a 10.5! At some points, I was an 11! Every time I won a game, my team lost a point in totals. Actually, my original comment was directed to Jude. He suggested there were NO handicaps in BCAPL / ACS league play.

Can not believe both the APA and TAP hid their heads in the sand over the cheating issue. As we have discussed this in private, you know my feelings on the issue. More people need to know this blatant cheating will be swiftly punished by the BCAPL / USAPL. Even if the creeps never play another match in your leagues, we know where you stand!!! Thanks.

Lyn

lynn

usually you and i have seen eye to eye on just about every thread concerning league issues. i have to disagree with one of your comments here.

while apa did not come out with a big headline on their webpage concerning the team being dq'd at last years championship in vegas they did not hide their head in the sand either.

they not only dq'ed the team they banned them from apa also.

they also penalized the lo's in that particular area and put them on notice to clean up their franchises.i do agree with you about how sam at tap handled this issue though.

a few people have wondered why mr. bell or mr hubbart do not come on here and voice their opinions on this issue like mark griffin does sometimes.

as you know this forum site is full of league bashers " apa in particular ". anything they would post on here would simply be fodder and turn the league bashing canibals loose into a feeding frenzy.

look at how pro players are treated on here for example.you have a lot of internet warriors on here that critique everything a pro player does but yet could not win a single rack against them with out being spotted the world.

mrpicker

Registered
Info

I heard through the grapevine that 2 of the players from the 9 ball team (John T and J D Green ) showed up a the local Tri Annual Trny this pass weekend.They were thrown out and everyone cheered and clapped as they were leaving.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
lynn

usually you and i have seen eye to eye on just about every thread concerning league issues. i have to disagree with one of your comments here.

while apa did not come out with a big headline on their webpage concerning the team being dq'd at last years championship in vegas they did not hide their head in the sand either.

they not only dq'ed the team they banned them from apa also.

they also penalized the lo's in that particular area and put them on notice to clean up their franchises.i do agree with you about how sam at tap handled this issue though.

a few people have wondered why mr. bell or mr hubbart do not come on here and voice their opinions on this issue like mark griffin does sometimes.

as you know this forum site is full of league bashers " apa in particular ". anything they would post on here would simply be fodder and turn the league bashing canibals loose into a feeding frenzy.

look at how pro players are treated on here for example.you have a lot of internet warriors on here that critique everything a pro player does but yet could not win a single rack against them with out being spotted the world.

I've heard this point of view from several other APA people. Both on AZ and regionally. Agree APA has done something. In my opinion (remember that) they have not done enough! Two years? How about a lifetime ban? How about a thread on the APA National website explaining their decision. Might go a long way to keep it from happening again. Right now my guess is less than 1% of all the APA players know something happened to last years national team champions. And my guess may be very high! Where is the justice in that? Or future prevention?

Spoke with "Sam at TAP" during Super Billiards Expo. Best description is we agreed to disagree in a friendly manner. Sure hope TAP Nationals took a look at his public comments.

As a sidelight, both of the 8 ball teams I play on were knocked out of our league playoffs. No trip to Vegas in August for me again this year. Must be the "typical" APA player. Watching a SL 2 miss two consecutive ball in hand shots to win a match drives (OK its a putt) me nuts! Found that no amount of coaching can make someone suddenly start making balls. Practice, practice, practice. The standard answer is I play a lot. Most don't understand what the word fundamentals mean and how it will make them a better player. Is playing games and doing the wrong thing again and again good or bad?

Thanks for the comments "lorider". The respect is mutual!

Lyn

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apa would never put that on there web site. They like people convinced that sand bagging and cheating never happens in there league. I believe they do what they can to stop it but you will never stop everyone. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way.

rope_one

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard through the grapevine that 2 of the players from the 9 ball team (John T and J D Green ) showed up a the local Tri Annual Trny this pass weekend.They were thrown out and everyone cheered and clapped as they were leaving.

I hope this is true. Police in your own back yard tends to leave lasting effects.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Apa would never put that on there web site. They like people convinced that sand bagging and cheating never happens in there league. I believe they do what they can to stop it but you will never stop everyone. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way.

The sad part is you are absolutely correct. Greed is one of the most basic of human natures. Even the best of us will take advantage of a situation from time to time.

Here is a similar situation. Team captain reads the sanctioning bodies rules about team formation. He puts together a team based on those rules. The team is approved by the sanctioning body to play in a specific division of the national event. The team finishes second. One of this forums most respected members posted on this forum they cheated. I took offense. Where is the line drawn?

Lyn

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a dumb thing to say.People with bad or no ethics are gonna be that way whether gambling is allowed or not.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
sl at tournaments in apa

there are several factors that seem to be ignored. At apa nationals players play on bar boxes. In our apa league players play on 9 ft olhausens with 4.5 inch pockets then when we get to Vegas we see these huge pockets and are always accused of being under ranked and sandbagging.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
there are several factors that seem to be ignored. At apa nationals players play on bar boxes. In our apa league players play on 9 ft olhausens with 4.5 inch pockets then when we get to Vegas we see these huge pockets and are always accused of being under ranked and sandbagging.
That's is funny, and, the root of a lot of issues

I play pretty regularly in two different cities, one has a vibrant pool scene and some highly skilled players (one of the many local teams won the VNEA nationals in master division a few years back). The other city has a relatively weak pool scene.

So, one of the guys from the weak city goes to Vegas last month as an APA 7 and gets creamed... Two & out, time to go home. Thought the 6's and 7's played like pros from what he was used to.

There needs to be a more consistent ranking system but I couldn't begin to figure that one out.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's actually a very good point! I never gave that a thought.