The Cuetec R360

NigelTsao

Registered
i recently got a cuetec r360 cue (excact same as shane van boening cue) for 80 bucks brand new.. guess wad, i am giving up my 1,000 bucks mezz fr the cue , due to the hit and playability..;);)

osama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know if it would affect play all that much but it isn't a difficult or overly expensive operation to have the pin and insert changed out.

Then yer free to use whatever your heart desires.

It doesn't affect playability at all. We don't have this type of service in here. I might do it on my next trip to Las Vegas in April.

I know that they can change the butt pin , but can they change the shafts as well? :confused:

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
It doesn't affect playability at all. We don't have this type of service in here. I might do it on my next trip to Las Vegas in April.

I know that they can change the butt pin , but can they change the shafts as well? :confused:

I'm sure it could be done, but I wouldn't spend that money on a cue so inexpensive

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Interesting....

I received a new Cuetec R360 in the mail yesterday and went out to give it a whirl last night. I was shocked. This thing flat out plays.

My daily player is a full splice ivory jointed sneaky pete that I was able to have built exactly how I wanted. I waited 9 months while it was being built and could not have been happier with the results. My cue needed a repair that I thought might need a refinish which would require warmer weather. Thinking it could be a month or two I decided to pick up something cheap to play with in the meantime. I DID NOT expect a Cuetec to play like this. Best $100 I've ever spent on a cue.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Should we feel silly for all the money we've spent on players when all along this fiberglass gem was right there in front of our faces?

I'd like to hear all the thoughts that you guys might have
Thanks!
Stroke

Interesting thread, here is what I call the "Shane Dechaine", R360 with a 314/2 shaft...

http://youtu.be/uuDZmITYovg

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
For those that already own a R 360 I recommend the 6" Cuetec extend for it. I play with it on most all the time. One minute I feel like SVB with the 360 and the next minute I feel like Earl with his 64" cue. I play on a BB and can reach every shot. I'm less than 5' 6" and don't even know where my bridge is at anymore. I believe it only fits the R 360 Cuetec. Johnnyt

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
i recently got a cuetec r360 cue (excact same as shane van boening cue) for 80 bucks brand new.. guess wad, i am giving up my 1,000 bucks mezz fr the cue , due to the hit and playability..;);)

I won't be giving up my main player, that one is special to me. But the cuetec will be going places it won't be.

I also got the smart extension. I think you could still find them on eBay for $20

NigelTsao

Registered
I bought it at amazon black friday sale!!! my frend like the hit so much that he got two of the same of the cue and also going fr the full cuetec set which svb uses...:wink::wink:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LuckyStroke...Cuetec cues are only coated with fiberglass. The cue is still 90%+ wood.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com.

I only paid $100 for the cue. It has a big ugly ding in the butt that knocked the price down.

Yes, it is the Indian, not the arrow. My point was, such an inexpensive cue made with mostly synthetic materials plays really nice. It moves the ball nicely. I expected it to feel odd, but it doesn't. It's nothing like my sneaky pete, but I didn't expect it to be. I guess I was just surprised. It's not the holy grail, but it's worth the money

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree. All one has to do is have a look at the Players line of cues. They used to be worse than the Wally World line.

For a beginner or beyond, they make a very nice cue for a decent price. I recently purchase 3 of the HXT lam shafts.

I think the Cue Tek shafts say they are fiber glass wrapped, not entirely fiber glass.

My first cue was stolen and I found an Earl Strickland Cue Tek at a pawn shop.

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Since we lost our only hall in town, I am not big on taking any customs or expensive production cues to the bar with me any longer.

I have been looking at the 360s myself. For the money, I don't think a person can go wrong.

The HXT shafts are not laminated but they are low deflection. Pretty much my favorite low cost cue and maybe my favorite shaft period disregarding the price. Plays as good and with much more feel than Predators for half the price. I recommend the HXT cues to everyone looking for a cheaper cue.

I love the feel of my custom shafts that came with my Ned Morris cue, but I play better with the HXT shaft on the cue. Don't loose much fee but I can aim with spin better. The fact that they come with a Kamui Black as standard is a huge bonus since I like how those tips play anyway, although now I have a Soft K-Tech tip from Renfo and that tip is in my top 3 tips I ever tried along with the original Moori and Kamui Black. HXT shaft with a K-Tech tip you have a high performance and great feeling shaft for 1/2 the price of the big names.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've heard through a decent source that SVB shaft might have the R-360 on the
shaft, but is actually a custom shaft from a cuemaker in the states.

Shane has stated multiple times that the cue is stock. I have seen his cue up close at many events and it is all stock from what I see. Tip excepted because I have no clue what comes on a Cuetec and would expect Shane to put on whatever tip he likes.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've got an R360 that I take with me on business travels, and it has won me a lot more money than any of my more expensive cues. For one, because of all the cue snobs, it elicits the reaction of "How good can he be? He's shooting with a Cuetec.".

Two guys in my poolroom play lights out with theirs.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I'm aware. I just said fiberglass as a generality. I like that the butt is fiberglass coated but the shaft is a nice maple. The butt can take some bumps and bruises without getting too ugly

I didn't know the shaft wasn't coated, that's a huge difference.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two guys in my poolroom play lights out with theirs.

SVB has said many times he plays with a kamui brown med. He said sometimes a black but mainly a brown. I put one on my cue because I had never tried them; love it ! Havent tried the cuetec though..

Wileydog

Banned
For those that already own a R 360 I recommend the 6" Cuetec extend for it. I play with it on most all the time. One minute I feel like SVB with the 360 and the next minute I feel like Earl with his 64" cue. I play on a BB and can reach every shot. I'm less than 5' 6" and don't even know where my bridge is at anymore. I believe it only fits the R 360 Cuetec. Johnnyt

I keep a cuetec ready with 2 6" extensions attached for the reach shots. I hardly ever use a bridge anymore.