The Definitive Seattle Area Guide of Places to Play

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
BillYards said:
The Golden Bear is that little biker tavern on highway 167 near Auburn... near the highway that cuts over to I-5 (is it highway 20?). They have barboxes and plenty of action shooters there. You might make some cash playing down there... As I remember, they have 5 tables....

Have you seen Devin around? He worked for Bert when Harvey's first opened... he was a good player, but wanted to be a chef. And the other guy... tall skinny, big glasses, and curly hair... great player...

Oh, ok, you mean the Royal Bear in Algona. We go there sometimes.
And you're right, I will include them!

35731 W Valley HWY
Algona, WA 98001
253-833-6686

I don't know where Devin went and I will ask Mike about the other guy. Roger Pettit mans the place now in the daytime.

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said in the other thread, great guide!

Couple of places I would add are:

Corner Pocket Billiards in West Seattle. Two 9-ft gloss black GC II's, nice little quiet bar to play in. Dont know about the action scene there.....

Eastlake ZOO Tavern- A Dingy, but a classic old-school Seattle dive bar. 1 10-foot snooker table, and about 6 8-footers, 1 9-footer if I recall correctly.

Stix Brewery and Billiards A great choice for happy hour and pool. Great menu
6-9-footers and 3 8 footer's, all Brunswick GC's. I dont knwo if they are still open or not, been a while since I was there.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
KingCarom said:
Like I said in the other thread, great guide!

Couple of places I would add are:

Corner Pocket Billiards in West Seattle. Two 9-ft gloss black GC II's, nice little quiet bar to play in. Dont know about the action scene there.....

Eastlake ZOO Tavern- A Dingy, but a classic old-school Seattle dive bar. 1 10-foot snooker table, and about 6 8-footers, 1 9-footer if I recall correctly.

Stix Brewery and Billiards A great choice for happy hour and pool. Great menu
6-9-footers and 3 8 footer's, all Brunswick GC's. I dont knwo if they are still open or not, been a while since I was there.

I already included your first 2 in my second post, as it was too long to include it all in 1 post. Stix, - ok, added!

Last edited:

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Oh, ok, you mean the Royal Bear in Algona. We go there sometimes.
And you're right, I will include them!

35731 W Valley HWY
Algona, WA 98001
253-833-6686

I don't know where Devin went and I will ask Mike about the other guy. Roger Pettit mans the place now in the daytime.

Yeah, yeah! Royal Bear! You got it! I was probably three-sheets when I read the sign. Played a nasty-good blonde chick in there and had to resort to safety play to beat her, at which point she lost all respect for me. She shot like a man and had that really tough-girl act working... though she was quite pretty, not butch. I nearly lost the fight with her in the parking lot, but she couldn't take a punch, so I slid out.

I also played an older dude (55-60 years old) that looked like he just rolled-in from his ranch. I racked and he flicked his toothpick on the floor and started blasting those doggies into the holes. He was one of the best bar table players I have ever seen. Really! I did not beat him more than once. And he did not miss more than once. The only player I have seen that compared to him on a bar box was Dave "Shoot Ya' Friggin' Eyes Out" Gomez. I was lucky that I still had a shirt on and a car to drive home (and that the guy was a bad gambler).

Roger... I think that is the guy I was remembering... Great player, but streaky... My God! Is he still working there???

Last edited:

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
BillYards said:
Yeah, yeah! Royal Bear! You got it! I was probably three-sheets when I read the sign. Played a nasty-good blonde chick in there and had to resort to safety play to beat her, at which point she lost all respect for me. She shot like a man and had that really tough-girl act working... though she was quite pretty, not butch. I nearly lost the fight with her in the parking lot, but she couldn't take a punch, so I slid out.

I also played an older dude (55-60 years old) that looked like he just rolled-in from his ranch. I racked and he flicked his toothpick on the floor and started blasting those doggies into the holes. He was one of the best bar table players I have ever seen. Really! I did not beat him more than once. And he did not miss more than once. The only player I have seen that compared to him on a bar box was Dave "Shoot Ya' Friggin' Eyes Out" Gomez.

Roger... I think that is the guy I was remembering... Great player, but streaky... My God! Is he still working there???

I don't recognize the 2 players from the Royal Bear. Roger is DEFINITELY not the guy you were talking about. I thought you would know who he is, so I did not describe him. Roger is VERY large, with glasses, and makes the best hitting cues around. He has access to cue wood that is really old. Mike swears by the hit of his cues and he takes care of all our tips and cue conditioning.

I ordered the first jump/break cue he ever made for Mike for Christmas 15 years ago. It had a really nice Z laminated into it. Mike lost it in Vegas. :(

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
I probably would recognize Roger. I can't recall what the name of that tall thin guy was. He used to beat Raul at Poppa's every week during their Sunday afternoon tourney. Devin played with that guy a lot too.

Oh, I lived in a sweet condo on Benson Road in Renton. I have fond memories of that house. I left Seattle after the earthquake shook up my life...

issycue

can't get enough
Silver Member
Cool guide... I was at The Ballroom last night for the first time... I'm so color blind that the red felt looked green on some of the tables! LOL! But I liked the space...they are definite Radiohead and Flaming Lips fans, or at least they were last night. Another bar to consider, for Sunday's is Lenny's Place in Tangletown...between Wallingford and Greelake near 56th/Meridian. It's a nice quiet area, and the bar tables are very typical coin tables...but the people there are nice and Sunday's offer free pool, and MOST important is kitty corner from Lenny's is Zoka Coffee... one of the best coffee places in Seattle!

Take care, Paul.

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
City Lights Billiards - Tacoma - This is the gambler's room in the southend. Lots of good players go to the Wed. night tournament, but I believe Dr. Cues' is better now. They serve alcohol here. No kids allowed.

City Lights now also has 9ball on Friday nights as well as Wednesdays, which is great as Friday night tourneys are scarce.
Oh, and 8ball on Sunday afternoons, but for some odd reason they play those on the bar boxes....yucko.

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
issycue said:
Cool guide... I was at The Ballroom last night for the first time... I'm so color blind that the red felt looked green on some of the tables! LOL! But I liked the space...they are definite Radiohead and Flaming Lips fans, or at least they were last night. Another bar to consider, for Sunday's is Lenny's Place in Tangletown...between Wallingford and Greelake near 56th/Meridian. It's a nice quiet area, and the bar tables are very typical coin tables...but the people there are nice and Sunday's offer free pool, and MOST important is kitty corner from Lenny's is Zoka Coffee... one of the best coffee places in Seattle!

Take care, Paul.

Was good to see you and Scott out last night, Paul. Next time we'll get that ring game going ;)

Rasta

-----------------------
Silver Member
Wow. Great job, Linda. :) Now, could you do the same thing for Orlando? ;)

Good Rolls,
Rasta

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Great piece of work, Linda! My wife keeps telling me she would like a vacation up there someday, now I think it sounds like a great idea! :D

The Lights

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update on City Lights

City Lights Billiards - Tacoma - This is the gambler's room in the southend. Lots of good players go to the Wed. night tournament, even better field for friday nights.

"Nice room with 11 Gold Crown II's (760 Simonis), 10 7-foot Valley bar boxes (760 Simonis). If you want to watch some of the best players in the Northwest, be here on Wednesday's and Fridays at 7 o'clock. They have the best weekly 9-ball tournament in the state."

City Lights Billiards & Cafe
445 Tacoma Ave S
Tacoma , WA 98402
Phone: (253) 383-3301
Tournament Manager- Stephen "General" Spivack

Adanac67

Predator=Awesome
Silver Member
This is worth a bump. I was planning on going to Uncle Jack's in Lynnwood tomorrow but I have this damned sore throat that won't go away. :(

mailman

Almost DANGEROUS!
Silver Member
Adanac67 said:
... I used to play almost every day at Cicchitti's ...

Table #5 from Cicchitti's has been set up in my garage since Sep. 1999 with Simonis 860 and is ready to play! Check in if you ever have time to spare in my area (Whidbey Island).

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
New Seattle poolroom

News Flash - I just heard a new room is going in with about 14 Diamond IPT tables. I don't know if they are the actual IPT tables or the pro models the IPT used. I don't know where and I don't know when, but I do know it is coming soon. Will give more info as I find out. RealKingCobra might have the details.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Two more

I have added 2 more. If anyone wants the complete Word document, you can pm me with your email address.

Acme Bowling, Billiards and Events – Tukwila - An upscale bowling alley and billiards room

Rack up at ACME's 7 billiard tables - all 9' Brunswick Gold Crown III Tournament Tables. With 3 plasma, high definition televisions broadcasting any of our 25 satellite feeds as well as food and drinks served up by our Restaurant and Lounge, you'll cue up a great experience at Q.

Q Billiards Pricing
Daytime Monday – Friday $6 per table per hour
(ending by 6:00 p.m.)

Evening Monday – Thursday $10 per table per hour
(after 6:00 p.m.)

Friday Evenings and Weekends $13 per table per hour
(after 6:00 p.m. on Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday)

Open Daily M 3PM - 11PM
T-TH 11AM - 11PM
FRI 11AM - 2AM
SAT 9AM - 2AM
SUN 9AM - 12AM
21 & over Fri & Sat @ 12AM

http://www.acmebowl.com/billiard.aspx
100 Andover Park West
Tukwila, WA 98188
Main: 206.340.ACME
Events: 206.340.0202
Fax: 206.340.0404
General inquiries: info@acmebowl.com
Event inquiries: events@acmebowl.com
Media inquiries

Twisted Cue Club - Tacoma

With five seven foot coin op tables with Simonis 860 Tournament cloth, plus a nine foot early 1900 era antique Brunswick, each at a reasonable hourly rate, if you would choose. There’s a table here sure to match your competitive needs. The club offers a full bar, with a huge rock fireplace as a backdrop and out door deck. We’re talking ambiance here. Need new pool equipment? The club offers that too, with an in-house billiard supply, soon to have a repair station. With both club sponsored pool tournaments, and nightly pool leagues including APA, TAP and BCA, the club aims to fulfill your every billiard need.

$4.00 per hour for the 7 foot tables.
$7.00 per hour for our 9 foot table.

539 Broadway | Tacoma, WA 98402 | Phone: 206.755.5527
http://www.winfieldstwistedcueclub.com/

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about temple billiards. Any information on the table rates and such? TIA.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk