the insanity emanating from this forum lately is mind boggling

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
All kidding aside, would you have sent the seller (a seller who you do not personally know, or have done business with in the past) your payment as a Gift (if that was the only way that the seller was willing to accept payment for an item that you had an interest in buying?)? You do understand how risky it is, right? I understand that most of you guys probably think of $275 as pennies, but I can't take that kind of a risk with the little bit of money that I have.

I really wanted the cue, but the seller was being unreasonable. If he was a legit seller, then he should have been willing to send me an invoice for the cue (or at least been willing to accept payment as Goods, instead of a Gift). I would have been protected with payment for Goods (but not for payment sent as a Gift).

Nope. Right after you reported him you should have treated yourself to a waffle cone.
Jason

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a good one Frank! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

A Frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. he can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I`d like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it`s okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she`ll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There`s a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It`s a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man`s a rolling stone."

I wouldn't send anyone, even someone I know, payment as a gift for an item when using my Paypal account. I value my Paypal account too much. I have 500 or so sales on Ebay over the last 20 years and have made way too much money selling my reconditioned sewing machines and other oddball items to risk my account status for the few measly dollars that Paypal charges for their services. As a seller, you are scamming Paypal by doing that, and as a buyer you lose all protections offered through their services. I am baffled why anyone would buy an item (especially on AZB) and pay by "Gifting" the seller money.

That is exactly why I do not mind paying the extra 3.5% for buyer protection through paypal. If the seller is unwilling to include it in their price (and in my case, the fee would never be more then maybe $10), then I do not mind paying the seller the extra amount of money for the fee.

The seller made the excuse that if I did not make payment as Gift, and sent an invoice, that he would have to wait a week to get his money. That is BS, because I know for a fact that when paying an invoice through paypal, the seller has their money right away (unless it is an eCheck payment).

It just felt like a scam to me, and that is why I reported it to OBM.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I will not do f&f, even with somebody I trust. Things can go sideways with nobody at fault.

Lost, damaged, stolen parcels happen every day in the logistics world. Whatever loss paypal cannot cover, my cc company will.

How the heck did this thread get siderailed???

Emanating insanity, I tells ya.

I will not do f&f, even with somebody I trust. Things can go sideways with nobody at fault.

Lost, damaged, stolen parcels happen every day in the logistics world. Whatever loss paypal cannot cover, my cc company will.

How the heck did this thread get siderailed???

Emanating insanity, I tells ya.

That is another really good point. Not possible to make an insurance claim (if the shipment is lost, stolen, or damaged in transit) for a purchase paid to a seller as a Gift (instead of as Goods).

I was just reading this thread, and seen that BmoreMoney directed a question at me, so I replied, but this thread was already sidetracked long before I replied to it.

People are talking about Waffles, and comparing them to the hit of Schon cues, and all sorts of other silly stuff.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... you should have treated yourself to a waffle cone.
Jason
I sort of treated myself to a waffle cone Friday night. Danny Barouty and I took a break from the American 14.1 championships and had Korean -- which was awesome -- then for dessert we found a great gelato/ice cream store. I never went for waffle cones because they're like $1 extra, but since I was driving and Danny was paying I said, "I'll have a small rum raisin in a waffle cone." The kid doing the scooping must have figured that he should fill up the cone and that turned out to be about a pint of rum raisin since the waffle is like a square foot before they roll it. I'm hooked now. I went by the next night for another except I got espresso chip in it. Sadly a different scooper knew what "small" was.

I highly recommend that everyone try a waffle cone if you haven't had one before. It's easier to shoot with a waffle cone than a regular waffle and the taper gives less squirt. Unless there's rum raisin in it.

Some Polish guy named Konrad won the 14.1.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I sort of treated myself to a waffle cone Friday night. Danny Barouty and I took a break from the American 14.1 championships and had Korean -- which was awesome -- then for dessert we found a great gelato/ice cream store. I never went for waffle cones because they're like $1 extra, but since I was driving and Danny was paying I said, "I'll have a small rum raisin in a waffle cone." The kid doing the scooping must have figured that he should fill up the cone and that turned out to be about a pint of rum raisin since the waffle is like a square foot before they roll it. I'm hooked now. I went by the next night for another except I got espresso chip in it. Sadly a different scooper knew what "small" was.

I highly recommend that everyone try a waffle cone if you haven't had one before. It's easier to shoot with a waffle cone than a regular waffle and the taper gives less squirt. Unless there's rum raisin in it.

Some Polish guy named Konrad won the 14.1.

Helfert drug me to the Thai place next to Griffs and got me hooked, seriously, like 3+ times per week, then they moved locations. If anybody knows where they moved to please let me know.

To stay on topic, I'll have the dorito waffle cone with a side of pay pal

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
All kidding aside, would you have sent the seller (a seller who you do not personally know, or have done business with in the past) your payment as a Gift (if that was the only way that the seller was willing to accept payment for an item that you had an interest in buying?)? You do understand how risky it is, right? I understand that most of you guys probably think of $275 as pennies, but I can't take that kind of a risk with the little bit of money that I have.

I really wanted the cue, but the seller was being unreasonable. If he was a legit seller, then he should have been willing to send me an invoice for the cue (or at least been willing to accept payment as Goods, instead of a Gift). I would have been protected with payment for Goods (but not for payment sent as a Gift).

The last cue I sold on here, the buyer sent me PayPal via friends and family. I didn't ask him too, but he did. I was grateful because at that price, those percentages can get a bit high.

I sent him the cue immediately as I would have if he would have have paid via invoice. I'm honest.

Flip the script though, and I'm on your side for that one. I'm not paying friends and family unless you are a close friend or family.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
and don't overlook the fact that some people will overplay their recourse hand if they have some so without naming any names, beware of that.

it can be a rocky road, waffle cone or not. ;)

best,
brian kc

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
A French breadstick gets all the dough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
That's the yeast funny joke I've ever heard.

He's just trying to get a rise out of us.

said three crusty guys...

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Insanity has been described on here as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well that is exactly what has been happening lately.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about x cues. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about xxx cue maker. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

If Justin does not start a thread that day another poster starts a thread about Justin. The same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

In most cases the thread dies a slow death and others are deleted. Regardless of whether the thread dies or is deleted the end result is always the same. Nothing of any substance was accomplished ...ever.

The main page currently has 3 threads on going regarding Justin.

I have made the statement ...some people need to get a life outside this forum a few times. Well I think its time for me to get a life out side this forum instead of having to gloss over the same bullshit every day hoping to pick up a tidbit that may interest me..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkpkzv77x54

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The main page currently has 3 threads on going regarding Justin.

I have made the statement ...some people need to get a life outside this forum a few times. Well I think its time for me to get a life out side this forum instead of having to gloss over the same bullshit every day hoping to pick up a tidbit that may interest me..

LMFAO!!!
Says the guy who just created number 4

The last cue I sold on here, the buyer sent me PayPal via friends and family. I didn't ask him too, but he did. I was grateful because at that price, those percentages can get a bit high.

I sent him the cue immediately as I would have if he would have have paid via invoice. I'm honest.

Flip the script though, and I'm on your side for that one. I'm not paying friends and family unless you are a close friend or family.

I always like to send a paypal invoice. It makes me (as a seller) feel much safer about "seller protection", because I can list in the invoice exactly what I am requesting payment for (and you can also add a picture of the item to the invoice, if you want to), and that is also very important if you need to make an insurance claim. I have read (on here) about people getting scammed by the buyer, who paid through Friends and Family option, and then did a credit card charge back after receiving their item. I guess if you are dealing with a dis honest buyer, then it would not matter anyways, because they would just lie to paypal about what they received in the package, when filing their paypal complaint. Good thing that most people in this world are honest, and good. When selling an item online, you do get paid in full before shipping the item out, but it still takes some trust in the buyers to be honest about what they receive in the mail from you. It is really scary to think that the buyer might completely lie about what they received from you. Luckily, in all the years that I have sold stuff online, that issue has never happened to me. Good thing that most people are honest.