The lightest jump cue

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
It is a new ferrule that I have made to my specifications that is protected under my patent. I have had this new material for about 2 years.

Another point I would like to make is that the way the phenolic used for most jump cues here in the US and over seas is made, the chance of cracking or chipping is very probable because of the way it is manufactured. My material is almost indestructible.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
For certain shots the light jump cue is the nuts. I agree that for certain shots the heavier jump cue will control the cue ball better, but to get over 3 inches away and coming down in a short distance the light cue will dominate. And for a shot 2 feet away and further the light cue will dominate.

I agree that the ultra-light (cue ball weight or less) is the nuts for getting the ball to jump. Everyone has known that since the days of the shaft jumping. Back in the mid -90s I was putting balsa wood handles on shafts to use as jump cues.

With a shaft you don't even need a phenolic tip. I know you have put a lot of thought and research into your cues so I totally respect both your knowledge of jump cues as well as your skill level.

How's your psychology? Any chance to get Earl using jump cues? :)

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
It costs $198.00 on my site www.babysproshop.com plus shipping. I am launching a sale this week for a limited supply for $125.00 plus $15.00 for 2 day air shipping. This add will come out in Inside Pool magazine this coming issue. I also have the Orange Crusher with the Samsara tip on sale for the same price while supplies last. To get the discount you need to order it directly through me until I get thing set up on my web site.

I have one of each of these, Grim Reaper and Orange Crusher. The Grim Reaper is insanely light!

The Orange Crusher has become my new favorite break cue. The shaft taper and balance are perfect.

Good luck with the the sale Mike. At that new sale price, you should sell out very, very shortly.

Take care,

Corey

Last edited:

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
I agree that the ultra-light (cue ball weight or less) is the nuts for getting the ball to jump. Everyone has known that since the days of the shaft jumping. Back in the mid -90s I was putting balsa wood handles on shafts to use as jump cues.

With a shaft you don't even need a phenolic tip. I know you have put a lot of thought and research into your cues so I totally respect both your knowledge of jump cues as well as your skill level.

How's your psychology? Any chance to get Earl using jump cues? :)
I made Earl a custom jump cue that fits his needs. He jumps as well as anyone alive. He uses it when he needs it.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just took advantage of the amazing sale prices. Mike was great to deal with over the phone. Orange Crusher for 100 bucks off ... can't go wrong!

Grab a Gulyassy!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I made Earl a custom jump cue that fits his needs. He jumps as well as anyone alive. He uses it when he needs it.

I know he jumps great - that's why I have always said that Earl Strickland with a jump cue would be triple deadly.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
I know he jumps great - that's why I have always said that Earl Strickland with a jump cue would be triple deadly.

You know he does stuff with the jump cue I have never seen before. Like follow or draw which I know a lot of experienced jumpers can do. But being a one gear jumper it sure impresses me.