The passing of an amazing man

OneinaRow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with a very heavy heart that I pass on that my step up father and billiards instructor Tom Simpson passed away yesterday of a heart attack. He had been experiencing some issues for a while but we all felt things were good. Quite a shock. His influence in the pool world was widespread and felt by many. He ( in collaboration with others) brought us the Aim Trainer and many many more instructional aids. He was a contributing writer to many billiards publications and had a large impact in pool. To soon (he was to turn 64 on oct 4) but I can say that he was an amazing instructor, and very loved by many. Cannot express right now what he ment to me and others so I shall leave off with- go shoot some balls for Tom!
There will be a more formal announcement coming forthwith, I just needed to pass this on

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very shocked to hear that and saddened. My condolences to his family and friends.

Paul

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible news. Tom Simpson is a name I remember learning from the magazines I bought when I was just learning the cueing arts. The picture in my mind of him is a smiling, happy man.

Thank you Tom for making me a better player.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom's Passing/Atlanta Seminar

I am truly shocked and saddened by this terrible news. My prayers and condolences to Candace and Tom's family. Rest in Peace Buddy!

For those students scheduled for our upcoming Atlanta classes, we will be continuing the same program with the same instructors. Losing Tom is a great loss and I will do my best to fill his shoes. Rest assured that the program will continue with the original content taught by instructors with years of teaching with Tom.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me at 347-545-1916.

Mark Finkelstein
ACS Level 4 Instructor
PBIA Master Instructor
Mfinkelstein3@icloud.com

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is shocking! I am so sorry to learn of this sad news. May he rest in peace.

14.1 Forever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was shocked when I heard about Tom's passing. Tom was a unique individual and a great instructor. His martial arts back round supplied a special outlook on the mental part of the game.

I studied under Tom, was Certified by Tom and on occasion had the privilege of working with him as an assistant instructor. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Say hello to Willie for me Tom.

AL Romanot

A-1 POOL CLINICS
PBIA/BCA Certified Instructor
aromanot@ptd.net
“Give Your Opponent the Shaft”

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to his family and friends. The pool world has lost a great instructor.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
SAD! Tom will leave an incredible hole in the Billiard Community.
We just don't have enough great Instructors in our sport.
Now we lose one of the best.

Tom was a good friend and I was privileged to bring Tom to the Master Rank.

God Bless his family.

randyg

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ah, man. That is just the worst news.

Tom was an institution and his heart was always in the right place -- trying to help his fellow pool player ascend a little higher up the mountain. I am personally deeply sadden by Tom's passing. We've lost a good one.

Lou Figueroa

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Too many good pool people passing on very lately it seems.

RIP Mr. Simpson.

Sincere condolences to his family and many friends.

best,
brian kc

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Simpson

I'm deeply saddened by this terrible news.
He was always upbeat with a positive outlook.

I wish his family the best. RIP

Mark Griffin

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
image.jpeg

"Draw for show, follow for dough..."

Tom leaves a big gap in the billiard community.
RIP Tom

mr8ball

This is such sad news. Tom endorsed my Stroketrainer for years and we were great friends. I had saw him at the expo this year and talked with him a while. He was a great man. May he rest in peace.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very sad news he will be missed. I was recently considering taking lessons from him but was trying to get the money together to be able to afford it. I wish I would have had that opportunity. He had a fantastic reputation and taught many how to excel in this wonderful game.
my prayers go for him and his family

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also spoke with Tom and Candace at the SBE. I'm saddened to learn of his passing. Tom helped to train many instructors, and he'll be missed. My condolences to his family.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

This is such sad news. Tom endorsed my Stroketrainer for years and we were great friends. I had saw him at the expo this year and talked with him a while. He was a great man. May he rest in peace.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The pool world just lost one of its best ambassadors, and a good friend to many of us.

I had tremendous respect for Tom. We communicated often, and he was the most dedicated "student of the game" that I have known. He often shared things he learned with me, and he often asked challenging questions that I always looked forward to attempting to answer. He was also a big help when I was developing the Billiard University website and playing-ability exams.

I will miss Tom a great deal.

RIP buddy,
Dave