The Ultimate Pool Table

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Well, hell, if it's available at Sears, you know it's got to be a top-notch, professional quality table. :sorry:

Yeah, that woman must have Glen Hancock thumbs on her. Made that three-inch stretch look like a half inch.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HAHA, my favorite part was at the end, doing the multi rail shot they do for trick shot competition tie breakers. You know something is up when they always use the $100 bill for the tie breaker but they only had a $20 for this commercial. :grin:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm all choked up....I can't say anything......................................................................................................................................................................................................................:rotflmao1:..................:killingme:.....................................................................:rotflmao:

Dartman

Silver Member
I'm all choked up....I can't say anything......................................................................................................................................................................................................................:rotflmao1:..................:killingme:.....................................................................:rotflmao:

I'll take that as meaning you're not sceered and looking for a different line of work. :grin:

The Dr.

Registered
Pretty funny,i was at sears the other day and the felt was attached with velcro.Wonder who thought of that?

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I heard throught the grape vine that his number has been changed a woman answers the phone saying this is not johns number or phone any more.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I'd say Thomas Aaron should watch their wording. I can imagine a couple of other companies taking offense to them saying they are the ONLY table with correct rail height and consistent rebound.

I also thought it was interesting that if you look at Sears' website, the table does not include the legs. They are sold separately. Now I understand this is a style thing so they are interchangeable, but I wonder how many they will sell without legs? ;)

If you read into the description a little further, the "slate" is described as "One piece Slatetek precision leveled slate top supported by honey cone aluminumencased in a second solid sheet of slate". So is it slate or isn't it?

Don and I always joke that if our job was easy, women and children would be doing it. Oops!!!!! :eek:

Dartman

Silver Member
In case you missed it -

ABIA volunteer staff received notification recently from a trusted source in the industry that the Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Thomas Aaron has been peddling a new product to retail locations and department stores. The Billiard table that installs itself.

An email was forwarded to ABIA staff that stated the following written by the VP for Thomas Aaron:

We hope the challenges of this year are ones that will provide greater growth opportunities for your company. With this in mind, I would like to offer you a new product that will fit easily with your current wholesale/retail programs.
Thomas Aaron Billiards has developed a consumer friendly Professional Slate Pool Table that is easily installed by the consumer and ends up a more accurate playing table than if it was professionally installed. This is the biggest breakthrough in billiards in over 100 years. This timely introduction is ready for you to roll out in your stores. The Number One retailer in the world for game tables is Sears and they have already purchased one model and are promoting it in their stores. Please go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro-mengr1ic to see a preview of this exciting new product.

You can become the new destination for the King of game tables, a professional slate pool table with the Thomas Aaron Billiards Ultimate Slate Pool Table.

This table is a two pack set. Table and slate are palletized for easy handling through your distribution channels.

Thank you for your consideration! We look forward to talking with you further about setting up a program especially for you.

-------
The ABIA has received several complaints in the past about Thomas Aaron not paying their installers for the installations they provide for them, in some cases the installer needed to go to extremes to force the company to pay their bills. This seems to be an extension of what Thomas Aaron may believe in that there is no use for the billiard installer any longer.

Another slap in the face to the installer from another company. In the last few years installers have experienced distributors and manufacturers with absolutely no recognition or respect for the people who make their products the best they can be, everything from raising their prices in a bad economy to now telling retailers and consumers that their customers mom and son team can install a table better than an experienced installer.

We can only hope the tables are not such poor quality that when the customers do call us to install the table that the retailer told them would install virtually itself, we can at least help them out and make it a good playing table. If that is possible.....