There are Pool Angels

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Guy Karma

:thumbup2:I'm guessing that you have been a kind, respectful and generous person for a long time. Sounds like you had a great Mom. I'm glad your quest was successful.

That room is beyond cool. It sets a high bar. Woooow! Aiyaiyaiyaiyai!

The table looks very SOLID. Did you have much work to do on it? It does remind you a lot of a Gold Crown I-II. It just looks sturdier. I've seen the tournament blue cloth on many GC's-it does brighten up those edges. I like it.

Had you seen one of these tables before or since you were reunited with yours?

Great story. Great room. A Special table.

Thank you for an uplifting story. A good way to start a new year. It reminds us that sometimes good things happen to the right people for the right reasons.

3railkick

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a great, great story! Talk about supporting her kid's dream! That's the best.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

:thumbup2:I'm guessing that you have been a kind, respectful and generous person for a long time. Sounds like you had a great Mom. I'm glad your quest was successful.

That room is beyond cool. It sets a high bar. Woooow! Aiyaiyaiyaiyai!

The table looks very SOLID. Did you have much work to do on it? It does remind you a lot of a Gold Crown I-II. It just looks sturdier. I've seen the tournament blue cloth on many GC's-it does brighten up those edges. I like it.

Had you seen one of these tables before or since you were reunited with yours?

Great story. Great room. A Special table.

Thank you for an uplifting story. A good way to start a new year. It reminds us that sometimes good things happen to the right people for the right reasons.

3railkick

The table is solid. Each pocket has it's own ball return system that has a rubber coating to silence the balls. I had to replace the rubber rails, replacing them with Artemis rubber. The table was in great shape after all those years and just needed a super cleaning.
I have the tournament HR Simonis 860 blue on it now and I think it looks great. Plus, I can see the balls better. It does play like a Gold Crown.
I had never seen one of the tables in all my life and even described it to many people who are in the billiard world. No one heard of it. I still have never seen another table like it. I am sure there are other tables in private homes in NY & the east coast.
Thank you for your kind words and the other AZ's players that have wrote a comment.
Happy New Year.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice.

It is nice to hear some good pool stories like this.Really made my day to picture this table and the journey it made back to you.Amazing and very heartwarming pool story!!

Keith

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That just might be the best pool related story I've ever read! I missed it the first time around and I'm so glad that someone pulled it up from last year. Thanks so much for sharing it....it sounds like something my mom would have done for me, too.

Happy New Year!

Brian in VA

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Wow Michael, that is a REALLY cool story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread was linked to from another. Felt it deserved to be bumped up.

Wonderful, inspiring story.

MyImmortal

Registered
So, I have my pool table back that my Mom got for me in 1968 right here in my house. I put a small plaque that I glued to the end of the table that reads: "In memory of Olivia Grosso."

Your story touched my heart. I would like to extend my deep gratitude to you and your "pool angel;" the memory of your special mom, Olivia Grosso.

Thank you so much for sharing what truly does make the AzB Forum a more special "place" to be. Enjoy your table and the many fond memories its presence will continue to provide you via special delivery from your "pool angel..."

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very cool story it brought me to tears I roped caves on the alabama rodeo circuit in my younger years and my grand farther gave me a very nice saddle with our names engraved on it and something along the same lines happen to me except the saddle was stolen and many years later when it was found by accedent in a western store the then owner let me have the saddle for about nothing thanks for the pool table story and for the memories

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Thanks for a wonderful story. You kinda have to believe that mom had a had in returnimg that table to you. What a lady

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
A wonderful story and memory and testament to what human beings are like (or should be), which I've just read again after a year or two, thanks so much for sharing!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It is threads like this that whet my appetite for AzBilliards forum. What a cool read. I wish we had more threads like this. I really enjoyed that! Thanks for making my day a little bit brighter! :)

Ditto! A story that made me smile...:)

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing the " Giovincos " remembered your family so instantly and it sure seems they had some feelings for the table and you. Leaving the pool table when they sold the house would have been the easy thing to do.
Not sure if they knew of the history of the table and your family or just by luck, they took it with them.

Great to see something come full circle and on one hand, it's just a pool table, but, on the other hand, it's so very much more than a pool table as I can't imagine the cost your parents put into that table.
Going from a sears plywood table, which probably meant the side pockets went out into the playing area instead of a backwards pocket ( at least our sears table did ) was probably like going to the moon.

Awesome Story, so happy you shared it. I am sure the piece missing inside got a little smaller as a little part of mom found it's way to Texas.