• BW-13.jpg
    BW-13.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,124
Last edited:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

That is the most amazing selfbuilt man cave known to man, my hat is off to you :smile:
The amount of details you have put in that room and on the table is really astonishing, I can only dream of having inspiration and the skills of yours to ever be able to put together something like that.

Keep posting pics as you make progress, I'll be checking up on this thread from now on :rolleyes:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That makes it worth the work Kimmo if I can inspire anyone else to take on a personal project of their own! I'm already planning the next piece of the puzzle and that is going to be another over the top addition. Think this table, but on steroids :) Most likely a Thanksgiving through New years time span...

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the other table a Medalist?

The other table is a 1966 Gandy 8'+ that I restored six years ago. At that time I had not thought about this whole steampunk man cave project. So that table doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the decor. This table has eighteen 1966 quarters inlaid into the top rails where the points are located. I created the black carbon fiber, printed and laminated it, then wrapped everything.

It's getting close to needing a recover, so I think I will start all over with that table and redesign it to fit in with everything else. It was awesome at the time but can be better...

Attachments

• Gandy-02.JPG
    Gandy-02.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 998
  • Gandy-03.JPG
    Gandy-03.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 988
  • Gandy-04.JPG
    Gandy-04.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Gandy-01.jpg
    Gandy-01.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Gandy.jpg
    Gandy.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dead Money. It took a while to get around to it. And to be honest, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. It wasn't until I made up my mind to get started on it, that I finally had a vision of what I wanted to do. One of those situations where you wait until the inspiration hits. Now that I've done this one, I can easily see the direction I want to go when I redo the Gandy.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
That's my dream man cave...You are extremely talented..If you add on any more please consider rooms for rent.. :)

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weeks project will be the lighting. As it is now, the florescent lights just aren't doing the job. I have a nice three lamp shade light that came with the table when I bought it. I'm going to put in the old style Edison bulbs and trick out the wood bits that hold it all together. All ready started working on it.

This is what the light looks like now.

Attachments

• 2015-11-09 16.16.16.jpg
    2015-11-09 16.16.16.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 915

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dead Money. It took a while to get around to it. And to be honest, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. It wasn't until I made up my mind to get started on it, that I finally had a vision of what I wanted to do. One of those situations where you wait until the inspiration hits. Now that I've done this one, I can easily see the direction I want to go when I redo the Gandy.

You bet!!!!!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lights all done! Just ordered some old fashioned tapered Edison bulbs... This piece looks simple but sure did take a lot of time to make. But it really looks great over the newly finished Brunswick :)

Oh...And what a difference playing on it with good lighting!

Attachments

• 2015-11-09 16.16.16.jpg
    2015-11-09 16.16.16.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 819
  • 2015-11-20 10.54.08.jpg
    2015-11-20 10.54.08.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 967
  • 2015-12-01 15.35.02.jpg
    2015-12-01 15.35.02.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 813
  • Table Light.jpg
    Table Light.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 816
  • Table Light-02.jpg
    Table Light-02.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 868

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Wow, just WOW !

I don't "hate" you , but there is a good bit of jealous envy. Nice to have the time,talent ,and money to do such a project.

I LOVE the steampunk theme!
I also love the fact you put K55 rails on that table. (My 8 ft Brunswick has same!) :cool:

Question for you: What is the material of the stone in the wall? I have seen versions that were a plastic/vinyl material, and seen half lapp real stone , as well as the full stone. Which is yours?
Whatever it is : it looks FANTASTIC !! :thumbup:

Best,
Jay

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Very Cool !!!

You should submit this to Billiards Digest as they have a competition every year for best "home room" of the year. I don't know how you lose unless democrats count the votes ;)

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jay. I designed the brick pattern, then printed it on Photo-Tex wallpaper material, then installed it. It has a matte sheen to it and from a distance appears quite real.

Btw, I use to live in eastern NY also. Montauk Point. One mile from the lighthouse!

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I went back through the picture compilation of this thread; seen the spider & Rat. Then I realized it was a detail copy, not stone. Verrry nice work none the less!
You are truly gifted with the art of expression. :thumbup:

Montauk is about as east as you can get, lol. It is on the "oyyyy-land" however; I am up-state.I haven't been there in ages! (Glouster,Ma gets my salt-water time now) If memory serves me correctly, Montauk was/is a verrry breezy place.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went back through the picture compilation of this thread; seen the spider & Rat. Then I realized it was a detail copy, not stone. Verrry nice work none the less!
You are truly gifted with the art of expression. :thumbup:

Montauk is about as east as you can get, lol. It is on the "oyyyy-land" however; I am up-state.I haven't been there in ages! (Glouster,Ma gets my salt-water time now) If memory serves me correctly, Montauk was/is a verrry breezy place.

Breezy, cold, desolate, isolated... But the surfing is some of the best on the east coast. Seafood is as fresh as it gets. Summers are for partys. Winter makes you suicidal!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, finally had some time to punk out my ping pong table. One more piece of the puzzle with a couple hundred more to go!

Attachments

• Steampunk Ping Pong table.jpg
    Steampunk Ping Pong table.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Steampunk Ping Pong3.jpg
    Steampunk Ping Pong3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Steampunk Ping Pong2.jpg
    Steampunk Ping Pong2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,177