This is how you know you might be playing with some rough customers…

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The real badasses didn't get let out with a monitor last I knew.

The win all you want you aren't leaving with it reminded me of a couple pool players on the road. One played cards too and noticed the illegal but wide open poker game in a dive I frequented. Wasn't unusual to see the sheriff sitting in it, badge and all.

They were walking up to the counter anyway so they asked the bartender/bouncer if they won in that poker game could they leave with the money. The guy gave him a long look, "probably best you don't play." A friend's brother was killed over a $2000 loss he couldn't cover in that game. My friend came home from Chicago upset about his brother's death. He was cut up so badly he spent six months or more in the hospital. He lost a hundred pounds and looked like a skeleton.

Hu

Twocylndr

Was at a nut fry (hog & rooster) at a club on the lake. Poker, blackjack and a crap table. Biggest action was at the craps table. There at the table, with one hand full of benjamin's and dice in the other was our sheriff...only he was in plain clothes.
"Welllll, lookit there, we ain't gonna git raided tonite," I heard another patron state after spying the sheriff.

tomatoshooter

Was at a nut fry (hog & rooster) at a club on the lake. Poker, blackjack and a crap table. Biggest action was at the craps table. There at the table, with one hand full of benjamin's and dice in the other was our sheriff...only he was in plain clothes.
"Welllll, lookit there, we ain't gonna git raided tonite," I heard another patron state after spying the sheriff.
Earl told a story of how some people weren't going to let him leave south his money. Earl said "they're calling the police." The sore loser said "I'm the sheriff!"

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl told a story of how some people weren't going to let him leave south his money. Earl said "they're calling the police." The sore loser said "I'm the sheriff!"

The same sheriff I am talking about had a department so corrupt that anyone could fix a ticket. I went to a friend's house and he started complaining about a ticket he got there. I told him nobody pays a ticket wrote there, watch this! I called up the sheriff's department. "I got a ticket yesterday. My cousin's friend's brother knows a deputy well. Could you take care of this?" I might have thrown in another link or two in the chain. I deliberately made it as silly as I could.

"Sure, no problem. Let us know before we write the ticket next time please. It saves us paperwork."

Hu