Three 3 Best Cue Makers in the World

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ten pages of nonsense when I am clearly the best cue builder alive today.😁
There is no best there are only those recognized as Top!! Some do great designs but play like shit others do no designs play like shirt, very few can do art that plays like a strativious. That’s the best!!!!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another measure you can pickup a for instance Mike Bender $1200.00 dollar cue or a $15.000.00 dollar cue and they will BOTH play!!! Can’t say that about all!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues are not an investment though. They may hold their value but if you're investing your money in cues then it would be laughable. The investment is intrinsic.

It is quite laughable to think their value goes up when someone for example is selling a Tasc for $3800 and I went ahead and called the Tasc shop, during COVID, and Sr. quoted me $2500 for basically the same cue and I was going to add those rings at $300 a pop too. So mine would be loaded for even less the price.

Due your diligence. Call the cue makers before even purchasing. I rather pay the maker than the dealer.
I bet you wouldn’t get it for another 3-4 yrs though.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let’s see we’ve had a total of 208 post so far.
Do we have a consensus of the top three😂😂😂

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's the reason they ALL play/hit Solid!
There is another reason. Joe’s forearms are not cored, they are solid. Thus the need for a lightweight strong joint pin. Enter the G10 which was needed for balance.

Joe loves his ebony!

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I won't say the best because honestly I really don't know but has anyone ever heard of Eddie O'Bryant of Studiotronics? I came across his youtube channel one day and thought his details were pretty darn crazy. But what do i know lol? I'm just a regular type dude over here.

Eddie has come a long ways quickly. Guy has a vivid imagination and super smart.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Yeah, way overpriced and keep iffy time. ;) At least SW's are made in one shop, Rolex farms out a lot of their parts from China.
Wrong. Every single part of a Rolex is made at their factory in Switzerland. They even make their own steel and titanium in house. They are superlative chronometer certified… lmao “keep iffy time” 😂 🙄 go try to buy a new one just try…

best cuemakers imho based on playability, collectibility, History, original designs etc Best working cuemakers

1. Ginacue ( Ernie is the GOAT for me)
2. Barry Szamboti
3. Joel Hercek
4. Dennis Searing
5. South West

I am also a big James White fan and Manzino as well.

best makers of all time. Gus, Ernie (Ginacue) ,Rambow, Martin, Balabushka, Tad Kohara, and DPK.

Production cues Bob Meucci.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong. Every single part of a Rolex is made at their factory in Switzerland. They even make their own steel and titanium in house. They are superlative chronometer certified… lmao “keep iffy time” 😂 🙄 go try to buy a new one just try…

best cuemakers imho based on playability, collectibility, History, original designs etc Best working cuemakers

2. Barry Szamboti
3. Joel Hercek
4. Dennis Searing
5. South West

best makers of all time. Gus, Ernie (Ginacue) ,Rambow, Martin, Balabushka, and DPK.

massively overpriced just like those cuemaker's stuff.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
massively overpriced just like those cuemaker's stuff.
I’m just dying to know what you play with and what watches on your wrist since you’re such an expert and an astute observer of good value 🤣 I bought one new Rolex two years ago today, used it sells for almost double the original msrp on Chrono24…. keep telling me how little you know about the actual market.

I’ve owned Cues from all those makers and they hold their value. You can buy a Ford Taurus or a Ferrari. But why eat hamburger when you can have steak?

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member

2. Barry Szamboti
3. Joel Hercek
4. Dennis Searing
5. South West

best makers of all time. Gus, Ernie (Ginacue) ,Rambow, Martin, Balabushka, and DPK.

Pretty incredible list. I am curious about your opinion of Bob Meucci as the best production cue builder?

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Pretty incredible list. I am curious about your opinion of Bob Meucci as the best production cue builder?
i’m thinking specifically about the 1980s my father played with one that I still have and it plays fantastic and then when you look back even if those guys were sponsored, it seemed like everybody was playing with them in the 80s. That was anybody. I don’t know if that was their choice or was giving everybody cues but I feel like it was the king of the 80s and unusual designs. I like predator but I think Bob has a way better aesthetic and originality.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
i’m thinking specifically about the 1980s my father played with one that I still have and it plays fantastic and then when you look back even if those guys were sponsored, it seemed like everybody was playing with them in the 80s. That was anybody. I don’t know if that was their choice or was giving everybody cues but I feel like it was the king of the 80s and unusual designs. I like predator but I think Bob has a way better aesthetic and originality.
Alot of Pros did use Meucci at that time, I would say Schon cues of the same era would be at the top of my production list. Must be something about the name Bob and quality players preferences in cue performance. lol.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Steve Titus, a self-made engineer, founder of Predator 1994.

This man is the best and there is no comparison. From what he developed in the early 90's to what it is now is amazing. It's equivalent to someone just fixing golf clubs to becoming Titelist.

I am sure he could make very beautiful and elaborate cues if he wanted to but that is 'ifs' and 'what if'. Even with that said he is the best.

Predator is the standard today.
Junk. The top shelf junk standard that all other junk is compared to. 🤣