Tips again.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search feature when using a phone just does not work too well.

I am looking at Seuberts at NON layerd tips and it seems the selection is well... Not much at all.

I am getting tired of the layered tips not keeping shape. Not mushrooming just flattening out two racks after just shaping it.

I used to like the old Le Pro tips back in the day but they do not play like they used to. Any advice on any of the other non layered tips. I prefer s softer tip to a med tip.

I do have a American Eagle Soft tip I am thinking about putting on before I give up o layered tips all together.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sounds like you are looking for milk duds. A lot of members here swear by them, including myself.

Member pooldawg8 makes awesome duds at a great price:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=229729

*edit: I see you are looking for a softer tip. Milk duds play on the firm side, but grip really well and don't glaze over. Defintely worth a try.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kitech is the way to go. Their soft is really on the soft side, medium could be nice for you judging by your words :rolleyes: They are affordable, so buy both and see wich you like. They seem to hold up pretty well and they play well too.

The Renfro is the maker of said tips on AzB, im sure he will share his vast knowledge on tips too :rolleyes: He is very nice to do business with, ships fast and stands behind his product. My recommendations go to him :smile:

E; It is also worth knowing that the harder the tip, more durable it is. All soft tips flatten ant first,they have to be played in and shaped several times before they are set in and start holding up. Beauty of hard tips is that they keep their shape without or with just one reshaping for a really long time. Try moving up a grade on hardness if soft tips dont last for you, maybe a medium will.

Last edited:

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kitech is the way to go. Their soft is really on the soft side, medium could be nice for you judging by your words :rolleyes: They are affordable, so buy both and see wich you like. They seem to hold up pretty well and they play well too.

The Renfro is the maker of said tips on AzB, im sure he will share his vast knowledge on tips too :rolleyes: He is very nice to do business with, ships fast and stands behind his product. My recommendations go to him :smile:

E; It is also worth knowing that the harder the tip, more durable it is. All soft tips flatten ant first,they have to be played in and shaped several times before they are set in and start holding up. Beauty of hard tips is that they keep their shape without or with just one reshaping for a really long time. Try moving up a grade on hardness if soft tips dont last for you, maybe a medium will.

Thanks. I asked on Face Book page about the Kitech tips. I'd like to hear from people that use them vs the maker. No offense to the maker but if I'm making something in going to swear by it etc.... They do have a trial pack of 3 for $24 I think. Soft med and hard

Figure I can try the med first and go from there.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you are looking for milk duds. A lot of members here swear by them, including myself.

Member pooldawg8 makes awesome duds at a great price:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=229729

*edit: I see you are looking for a softer tip. Milk duds play on the firm side, but grip really well and don't glaze over. Defintely worth a try.

I remember reading about those a while back. I'll look into them more now that I'm wanting a non layered tip.

Thanks

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to try pooldawgs milkdud tips too, anyone willing to send a few to Finland? I read that he doesnt ship overseas, so maybe someome in the states is kind enough to be the middleman :) Looking to get 4 or five of them, PM me if you are willing to help me out, I pay to you via PayPal if you mail me the tips from the states in exhange :)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Your problem is you've been getting the wrong layered tip. Run a search for Tom Hay.
He sells the best tip out there, the UltraSkin, and he's a nice guy to work with.
Tell him Tramp sent you. :smile:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Thanks. I asked on Face Book page about the Kitech tips. I'd like to hear from people that use them vs the maker. No offense to the maker but if I'm making something in going to swear by it etc.... They do have a trial pack of 3 for $24 I think. Soft med and hard

Just warning you that any comments that aren't stellar about his tips will be met by wrath from him. I got called a douche bag for expressing my opinion.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to try pooldawgs milkdud tips too, anyone willing to send a few to Finland? I read that he doesnt ship overseas, so maybe someome in the states is kind enough to be the middleman :) Looking to get 4 or five of them, PM me if you are willing to help me out, I pay to you via PayPal if you mail me the tips from the states in exhange :)

If I get some I'll order some for you and ship them to you.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just warning you that any comments that aren't stellar about his tips will be met by wrath from him. I got called a douche bag for expressing my opinion.

Everyone isn't going to like it. But it's ok for potential buyers to have reviews from several people. If he got mad because of a review then he needs to realize that hurts his sales more than a bad review and also needs to realize tips cues and shafts feel different for everyone. I don't care for OB others love them.

I suppose I will just rule that tip out for a little while and try others first.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best tip I have used BY FAR. Little to no mushrooming, hold their shape and play the same 6 months down the road as the day they were installed. I've switched out all my playing shafts (4) to the Kitec Med and also have their Hammerhead break tip on my breaker. Also an outstanding product.

I have tried Moori, Kamui and Predator tips in various "firmness" nothing came close to the Kitec.

Cheers,
Brian

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your problem is you've been getting the wrong layered tip. Run a search for Tom Hay.
He sells the best tip out there, the UltraSkin, and he's a nice guy to work with.

Will do. Thanks

I've tried moori (like the older ones but not the new crap)
Kamui black Med (not the clear)
Talisman
Wizard
A tip similar to how the old moori plays which is the one I have issues with now.

And a few others over the years.

bgood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you looked at triangle tips, i used them for years before going to layered tips. Just a thought.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Yeah, Chris can get a cranky sometimes...thinks we all should join FeceBook.

But I got one of his tips on a Richard Black....I lend it a lot...
....and everybody likes the tip.
I'll buy some at the DCC, if he doesn't require three pieces of ID....:rolleyes:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had several Ki Techs on my cues.
They rock.Best single layer tip out there.
No mushrooming and they last.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Everyone isn't going to like it. But it's ok for potential buyers to have reviews from several people. If he got mad because of a review then he needs to realize that hurts his sales more than a bad review and also needs to realize tips cues and shafts feel different for everyone. I don't care for OB others love them.

I suppose I will just rule that tip out for a little while and try others first.

I didn't say to not try his tips. They're a bargain vs layered tips, and I'm a fan of a solid tip vs layers. I don't particularly like cheese. Doesn't mean cheese is bad - it just isn't for me. Him calling me a douchebag was a little over the top, and will be the reason I never buy a product from him again, but that's between me and him.

You should try them for yourself, and form your own opinion.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member

What he said. I've tried the kitechs and they work great, but I didn't care for the feel. I have an ultraskin PRO on one cue and an S on another. I don't shape them AT ALL and they haven't mushroomed. I just hit them with the tapper and go.

Ben

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I met him a few times and read his posts, I'd like to read exactly what you said for him to call you that. I doubt just saying you don't like his tips would get any type of reaction from him aside from "OK, your preference".

About the Ki-Tech tips, only tip I liked better was maybe the original Moori I used in the 90s. I used a soft and it was really soft, stayed soft and 0 mushrooming. You do need a good installer to put it on as the fibers may rise during cutting. I had Mike Webb do mine and I have never needed to touch it in the months I've used it. Not to scuff it, not to flatten the sides, 0 maintenance.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met him a few times and read his posts, I'd like to read exactly what you said for him to call you that. I doubt just saying you don't like his tips would get any type of reaction from him aside from "OK, your preference".

About the Ki-Tech tips, only tip I liked better was maybe the original Moori I used in the 90s. I used a soft and it was really soft, stayed soft and 0 mushrooming. You do need a good installer to put it on as the fibers may rise during cutting. I had Mike Webb do mine and I have never needed to touch it in the months I've used it. Not to scuff it, not to flatten the sides, 0 maintenance.

I'm curious too. I've ordered a number of products from Chris and he has always been cool with me. He will tell you that if you like how your tip plays then stick with it but if you're ever in the market for a new one to try his out. Same goes with the chalk. I've never seen him say that his products were the only way to go nor has he ever come off that way to me.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Tips

I have installed few Ultra skins and haven't had any complaints .

Personally I am kinda of a triangle tip fan.