Tony Chohan Documentary Series: "Life Behind the Pocket"

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Tony Chohan when he and his cousin came to the East Coast from California to attend the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in Virginia. They were friends with Keith back home, and as the years rolled by, I got to know him better. He's been through some bumps in his life and is still struggling to find his happy place, I think. I wish him the best. I have a ton of photos from days gone by, but I'll share a few.

Tony was so young here, and he was one of those "grills" on his teeth. I'm not sure why Keith is grimacing, other than I was always asking to take more photos.
tonyandkeithatopen.JPG

Tony's cousin Omar Kang, Keith, and Tony at the Holiday Inn in Virginia. This was the year the entire area lost power thanks to Tropical Storm Isabel.
Omar Keith and Tony.JPG

Tony and Marcus Chamat Hanging out side in the "smoking lounge" at the Chesapeake Conference Center.
tonyandmarcusatopen.JPG

Tony at the Super Billiards Expo action table where it was standing room only and the waiting list to challenge the table was 20-plu8s players deep.
TonyChohanat2005SBEactiontable.JPG

Tony, Scott Frost, and Keith. Can't remember where this was taken.
tonyscottkeith.JPG

Happy Days!
2005VF-TonyChohanandKM.JPG

This was at the 2005, subject to check, Carolinas Open in Greensboro at Fast Eddie's. Tony didn't have a collared shirt and needed one to play in the event. He borrowed Rodney Morris' shirt, which he's wearing here.

tony.JPG

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Tony's journey has been a difficult one at times, but I admire how he has rebounded. He has become a charismatic, genuine guy and, deservingly, has lots of sponsors. He's usually smiling, too, and that's a good thing.

His aggressive style in one pocket is always fun to watch. Wish him well at the upcoming Derby City Classic.