Tony "T-Rex" Chohan is home!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Welcome back Tony!!! I honestly don't know much about you.
But, if u went away for that??(pot). I'm glad ur out. Total bs. Many happy runouts coming to you!!

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
They say you do the crime you do the time, he paid his dues. The fact is he will be paying for the rest of his life. Every job he goes for and certain countries you cannot enter, he can't vote or own a gun. In another ten years what he did will be totally legal with proper permits.

Does anyone know if he'll have to list the offense when he creates a profile on Monster or Career Builder? I bet all of the major headhunters will have him flagged against any corporate position as well.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have given a chance to three ex-cons in the last five years and all three have impressed me. Their work performance, attitude and spirit are admirable. I have been very impressed with what all three of these guys think is important and I have no regrets.

Tony the trick is to sell yourself with absolute honesty in whatever direction you take. Don't try and BS old people to get a job, just offer hard work. Go getem kiddo.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Tony is a good man. I wish him the best of everything and he is always welcome in my home. Even though my home is halfway around the world.

He will need some time to adjust and decompress and catch up with his family and friends.

Good job Tony staying out of trouble and taking college courses in the joint. That would undoubtably be the hardest thing to do. I'm so happy you are out and with your family!

I'm sure Sacramento friends will be so happy to see him at Hard Times --whenever he gets there.

--Jeff

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if he'll have to list the offense when he creates a profile on Monster or Career Builder? I bet all of the major headhunters will have him flagged against any corporate position as well.

Monster and careebuilder got no business 'requiring' such disclosure. They have no authority and there is no legal accountability for what they do with the info they collect.

Now an application submitted to a prospective employer...that is a different story.

For now: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...iction-is-hard-california-may-make-it-easier/

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I'm curious to see what he looks like now ... whether he dropped any weight or got in shape.

I didn't know him well, although have seen him often in the past in NorCal area ... generally soft and quiet spoken dude.

I wish him well.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Welcome home Tony, looking forward to seeing you tearing it up again. :thumbup:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Really?

I find that people really don't change much.

Ken

I've found the exact opposite. Life teaches us lessons that we all learn from. I've seen crack heads turn their life around and I myself try every day to be a better father,husband and man. I see nothing but change in most people. It's like burning your hand on a stove.... You learn from it

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've found the exact opposite. Life teaches us lessons that we all learn from. I've seen crack heads turn their life around and I myself try every day to be a better father,husband and man. I see nothing but change in most people. It's like burning your hand on a stove.... You learn from it

I like this post a lot....life is in a constant state of flux....
...enlightenment can happen in one second.
It takes a massive effort NOT to change.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I like this post a lot....life is in a constant state of flux....
...enlightenment can happen in one second.
It takes a massive effort NOT to change.

I think people have a large capacity to learn from their mistakes, and even moreso, when there's a big penalty attached.

Generally, I don't agree that it takes "a massive effort not to change", at least not in big appreciable ways.

People addicted to tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc, have a very tough time changing that.

And wholesale changes to people's personalities, those don't come easily either.

There's a solid reason for the sayings about leopards and their spots and old dogs learning new tricks.

I do believe that what Tony Chohan *may* have been doing was looking for fast (easy) money and got caught trying. And when you pay a penalty for it like he has, I think it's comparatively way easier to never put yourself in situations like that again.

Much easier than beating serious addictions or being the leopard trying to lose those spots.

imo.

And as I said in another thread, I don't know Tony but I def wish him the very best with his new start

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think people have a large capacity to learn from the mistakes they've made, and even moreso, when there's a big penalty attached.

Generally, I don't agree that it takes "a massive effort not to change", at least not in big appreciable ways.

People addicted to tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc, have a very tough time changing that.

And wholesale changes to people's personalities, those don't come easily either.

There's a solid reason for the sayings about leopards and their spots and old dogs learning new tricks.

I do believe what Tony Chohan may have been doing was looking for fast (easy) money and got caught trying to do that. And when you pay a penalty like he has, I think it's way easier to never put yourself in such a situation like that again.

Much easier than beating an addiction or being the leopard trying to lose those spots.

imo.

And as I said in another thread, I don't know Tony but I def wish him the very best with his new start

best,
brian kc

I know a few addicts, and I mean serious players, who changed their life when they
became poppas....they've been working hard for a few years and their kids got everything
they need.
One of the toughest men I know quit a biker gang and moved to a farm....'cause he didn't
want his kid growing up like he did.

Often it takes religion to make the change.

But you're somewhat right, Brian....some people don't change.
I'm still getting the same groans from friends that I got in grade five....
...I've tried to cut down on the jokes....but I swear SOME of them are funny.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Really?

I find that people really don't change much.

Ken

Here is a thought???

Did you ever consider that his "Wife or Kid" could have needed his financial support at a level he could only provide via the illegal activity???

When people get cornered by a situation, they are bound to do anything! That situation could be medical or food, clothing and shelter. A man will do "ANYTHING" to take care of his family.

If he got arrested raising money for his sick family would the "ETHICAL stigma" still exist for Mr. Cohan???

KD