Treachery in the IPT qualifier....

T

Timberly

Southpaw said:
Im not having to try to remember anything to see if i lied or not. I know what I posted and I will stand behind every word I typed. It was ALL FACTS!!! Like I said before, Im sorry if JS is a freind of yours and you found this info out on here, but I would have said the same things if it were another "professional" player. If incidents like this were not revealed, then this could happen again and again.....As it turns out, I think the next time someone has the thought to do this they may think twice about it.

Southpaw
I didn't say you were a liar, I was stating the kind of person I am.

I knew about the incident prior to your post. The story need not be rehashed, there's still discrepancies between the two stories and there always will be. It would be a never ending thing.

It's one thing to reveal something and its another thing to do it in the way that you did it. That's the part you're not getting or admitting to. It was an obvious attempt to bash JS with what you think are the facts of the situation. Sure, if it were another professional player you would've said something. However, if it were one of your friends, pro player or not, you never would've made that post.

Reactions: Hal

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Timberly said:
I didn't say you were a liar, I was stating the kind of person I am.

I knew about the incident prior to your post. The story need not be rehashed, there's still discrepancies between the two stories and there always will be. It would be a never ending thing.

It's one thing to reveal something and its another thing to do it in the way that you did it. That's the part you're not getting or admitting to. It was an obvious attempt to bash JS with what you think are the facts of the situation. Sure, if it were another professional player you would've said something. However, if it were one of your friends, pro player or not, you never would've made that post.

Hey, I defended JS in TBAs post. I said that I never heard him say anything about dumping it was his friend that did. I cant help what happened in that incident. And you dont know me well enough to say that you know what I would say or wouldnt say! I could understand your position if I had said "hey no one ever buy JS in another calcutta because of this!" But, I would never say that. I know JS is a great player. I have seen him play numerous times. Just remember, you called me out in your post to start this all up again. So, all I have to say is "Hello, Pot....my name is Kettle!"

Southpaw

T

Timberly

Southpaw said:
And you dont know me well enough to say that you know what I would say or wouldnt say! I could understand your position if I had said "hey no one ever buy JS in another calcutta because of this!" But, I would never say that. I know JS is a great player. I have seen him play numerous times. Just remember, you called me out in your post to start this all up again. So, all I have to say is "Hello, Pot....my name is Kettle!"

Southpaw
All I can go on is what you portray yourself to be on here, just like that is all you can base judgement on me for.

Yes, I called you out. I was proving a point about people calling people out and I used the people that have done it to prove my point. It's not fun to have your name called out is it?

Here's an example of an informative post...
I just found out that someone was recently banned from the viking tour because they forfeited a match. FYI to anyone that plays in a viking event, they have a player auction and because of this, they have a policy in place to ban players that forfeit matches without a prior ok from the TD for instances such as being sick or family emergencies.

The information given on the IPT website was informative. It simply stated that there was a bonus in place and that some players were taking advantage of that so the bonus was done away with.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Timberly said:
All I can go on is what you portray yourself to be on here, just like that is all you can base judgement on me for.

Yes, I called you out. I was proving a point about people calling people out and I used the people that have done it to prove my point.

Here's an example of an informative post...
I just found out that someone was recently banned from the viking tour because they forfeited a match. FYI to anyone that plays in a viking event, they have a player auction and because of this, they have a policy in place to ban players that forfeit matches without a prior ok from the TD for instances such as being sick or family emergencies.

The information given on the IPT website was informative. It simply stated that there was a bonus in place and that some players were taking advantage of that so the bonus was done away with.

The bottom line is that you would not have had any problems with my post if you werent:
A) Aware that I had been in another incident with JS
and
B) Friends with him
So spare me the rest. You are now trying to bash me, but that wont happen because I stated FACTS! And they were undisputed by both people involved! So get over it and get a life.

Southpaw

T

Timberly

Southpaw said:
The bottom line is that you would not have had any problems with my post if you werent:
A) Aware that I had been in another incident with JS
and
B) Friends with him
So spare me the rest. You are now trying to bash me, but that wont happen because I stated FACTS! And they were undisputed by both people involved! So get over it and get a life.

Southpaw
I'm friends with both of them and talked to one of them the other day. There is still a discrepancy that wasn't brought up for the sake of argument. It could be either one of them and I'm not going to point it out because it's of no use.

You being in another incident with JS had no bearing on this whatsoever. I was simply speaking of the thread that you started about the viking event. Yours wasn't the only post I pointed out. There were other incidents that I pointed out because I think it's wrong to do what you & the others did.

You have your opinion and you stated it many times in that thread. I have my opinion about that kind of incident and I pointed it out along with examples of others in this thread.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CantEverWin said:
I have never said any names on here and I'm not about to start. I will say this. It was two flips, it was in the first round, and it did happen.

Not sure if anyone knows this or not so here it goes.
I think that one of the problems with the bank the 8 was too much trust. You didn't have to have a ref come and watch or anything. Just the players both sign off on the score card.I thought that KT could have been asking for trouble when he did that, but hold the players acountable. Should the players yell at KT like "You asshole, how dare you act like I have integrity for a tourney I spent $2000 to get into. Shame on you for trusting that I would do it right."

Mike
What are "FLIPS"?

Are you referring to Filipinos?

T

Timberly

yobagua said:
What are "FLIPS"?

Are you referring to Filipinos?
I noticed that & figured that maybe it was a typo. I do that a lot when I type. My brain works faster than my fingers and I transpose letters. ;)

meganite

Registered
You're absolutely right, pokerhammer....my coach and friend are out there, and in fact played one of the guys who was part of the scandal. I know exactly which filipinos did it, too. Screwed it up for everyone. Wanna hear something funny, though? When my friend played the filipino, it went hill-hill, and he had to BANK THE EIGHT to beat him. It was like poetic justice....

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yobagua said:
Why are you bringing race and nationality into this debate?

Hi Yobagua,
I do not think Timberly brought the issue of race.If you are talking about identifying a person by National Origin it was done only for the purpose of identification and not for insulting any one and also it is perfectly acceptable under the rules of human decency and any applicable Laws.I know thru your posts that you are a nice guy so as Timberly.Peace

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Vagabond, he's a treacherous pool player that is NOT to be trusted. I strongly suggest you not let him do the I.O.U. :rolleyes:

:D

One day I asked Dave Hemma about Rude Dog.Dave told me that when Rude Dog was living in California he used to be an excellent player and beat some pro/pro level players.
By the way what the heck is I.O.U?

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your nice comment Vagabond. When we say we are an honest person That really doesnt amount to anything. I mean no one goes around saying I am a dishonest person We all like to think of ourselves as honest And we are at times honest just as we are dishonest at other times. Thats if we want to be honest

Racial discrepancies are not for me or any other to judge, attack, or defend. It is really for that person to honestly look at themselves and say "What did I really mean by that?" and be totally honest with their evaluation. I dont know what was meant by the post but I can only go by what I feel.

Sometimes we get confused with saying what we feel right off the top of our heads as honesty. But saying something from the heart without the brain does not mean youre being honest. It just means you werent thinking

CantEverWin

"The One"
Silver Member
Sorry, I have heard many a fillipino refer to themselves as flips. Usually just younger ones, and not really around poolhalls. I guess I was just to lazy to type it, and the one's I have heard are to lazy to say it.. :)

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hear, Hear. I bought his damn book so I feel like I
contributed to the tour. It's got little gems like I'd tell
you the cure but the drug companies would sue me.
If you buy my video I can reveal a little more.
What does this tell you?

I bet by next year you'll have to wear a "Natural Cure" patch on your back.

Shame on us all.

Nick
Question...why is the big payday always next year?:confused:[/QUOTE]

T

Timberly

yobagua said:
I dont know what was meant by the post but I can only go by what I feel.
Aftre your post I went back and read what I had posted to see where you might've gotten that idea and I could see how you could've come to your conclusion. I apologized and stated that it wasn't my intent but that I could see how it sounded that way. I then tried to convey what I meant.

I don't know what else I could've done. I looked at it, agreed to see it your way, and re-worded as best as I could. Hopefully this was good enough for you. If it wasn't good enough then I'm sorry, there's not a whole lot more that I could do. I made an honest effort to prove to you that you misunderstood my intentions and what I was thinking. Have a good day.