Trying to add cue extender to a 2005 Andy Gilbert

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all, just checking if there are any existing kits out there to add an extender to my 2005 Andy Gilbert playing cue. Here are images of the area under the bumper:

4JknN1z.jpg

zq3VhVU.jpg

Any feedback /advice is appreciated.

Hard Knock Cues

I'm an amateur but have added a couple extensions to cues. There's several different versions. You'll have to pull the weight bolt out and match the threads and fit to the but. That's your starting point.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to find one that does not require changing the weight bolt. I did run across some extenders that only replace the bumper, but these have to be custom made.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is authorized, and yes his new bumpers resemble a stock bumper. I think he had to modify the extension also.
In fact, I am having him make a bumper for a Jacoby I just purchased. Reason I am having him make one is while Jacoby has a nice quick release one, I dont want to buy all new extensions as I have 3 different lengths. He has to make one in the old style to match my existing extensions.
I actually had one of my cues at Schon with his bumper on it.
I know the old style, I had to send him measurements of the butt cap area.
With his old style, the bumper screws into the weight bolt in the same manner the stock one did.

Last edited: