Turning Stone Classic XXIX Updates - 2018

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw ran over Hewitt in 40 minutes 9 to 2.

I just don't see Shaw losing again.

This Spahiu guy means business.
Mike announced that he was part of the Albanian snooker Association.
Never relax around snooker players.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
You're accurate about James Gleason.
Danny just can't help it. He's very old and longs for the days when he was young and "knew everything".
I could do without his boxing history stuff......which has been repeated over and over for years.
He was a great pool player and still knows a LOT about the game. He just doesn't know when to shut up.
:grin:

Danny tells a lot of true stories that are false.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You're accurate about James Gleason.
Danny just can't help it. He's very old and longs for the days when he was young and "knew everything".
I could do without his boxing history stuff......which has been repeated over and over for years.
He was a great pool player and still knows a LOT about the game. He just doesn't know when to shut up.
:grin:

A lot of people ‘in the know’ seem to forget that not everybody is....
...Danny is excellent for everybody...the game needs a broader appeal.

I’ve heard a lotta hep talk and inside jokes on streams....and the spectators that can’t hit
the end rail and thinks Mosconi invented the wireless need something they can relate to.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He had the quote of the tournament at Kid D's expense.
And I love the Kid!
Anybody catch it?
If there truly is a no soft break policy. Zuglan needs to talk to Cisero!

I cracked up when I heard it. Having to do with Kid D beating the world two times :grin-devilish:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Besar Spahiu, 4 break and runs to close out Shaw after sitting in the seat for a while.
Rock solid fundamentals. Welcome to the big leagues.
No one saw this coming.

Almost. It was a 3-pack. Jayson broke in Game 12, so we can't count that as a B&R. Jayson has the only 4-pack on the stream so far; it was last night against Wilkie.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost. It was a 3-pack. Jayson broke in Game 12, so we can't count that as a B&R. Jayson has the only 4-pack on the stream so far; it was last night against Wilkie.

Correct.
It was 3 out of 4.

He gave Dennis all he could handle too.

Not bad for first time at turning stone coming in 4th.

If I can remember correctly, Maxim Dudanets 19 year old from Russia played in turning stone for first time and came in 5th.
What is best appearance by first time at turning stone classic?

Maybe 2007, lee van Corteza who won it.

guelphdad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know about others, but hill-hill, I felt sick when Cicero hit that 8 ball and hooked himself on the 7 after that show of sportsmanship, was pulling for him to win against Thorpe.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey Cicero vs Billy Thorp rules Turning Stone

rules are you loose two games if you dump the nine after giving opponent the table back .

otherwise you can't in anyway get mad and push the nine down the hole because you missed the shot before

well Joey Cicero said he wanted to continue the match even though he won because Billy Thorp push the nine in the hole illegally

Do you think that was wise He Lost the Match LOL

guelphdad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rules are you loose two games if you dump the nine after giving opponent the table back .

otherwise you can't in anyway get mad and push the nine down the hole because you missed the shot before

well Joey Cicero said he wanted to continue the match even though he won because Billy Thorp push the nine in the hole illegally

Very sporting of Cicero. Hope he prevails against Hatch and has the rematch against Thorpe.

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darn Canadians are too nice for their own good. Shaw would have jumped up, screamed "you lose Ahole" and done a little dance in his face.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Admirable move...

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be too nice, but he just gained a fan. I'm pulling for Thorpe, but I hope Cicero makes it back to the final.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You ever let up on an opponent and loose same thing letting someone back in is not a good idea and this just proves it

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Some interesting comments from Johnny on the stream.

Straightest shooters he's ever seen:

1. Earl Strickland
2. Dennis Hatch
3. Mika Immonen

Best player he's ever played: Buddy Hall