Ultimate 10-Ball Championship Finals

Jimt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11:20

Coming up, the finals. Jeremy Jones vs Mike Dechaine. Jeremy is undefeated.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeremy had the stroke

to win a couple of key games that might have won the match. Mike didn't give much room for error either. Congratulations to both they shot well. Mike won 12-10

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like that Young Gun from Maine just locked himself a spot in the Mosconi Cup the way he's hitting 'em in recent times. Good for Mike! :)

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a BCA ranking event. Mike is sure to shoot waaaay up the charts. Congrats Mike!!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a BCA ranking event. Mike is sure to shoot waaaay up the charts. Congrats Mike!!

I have noticed in recent times that everything in pool seems to be looking forward to the prestigious Mosconi Cup. :wink:

Not too many people give a hoot about the WPA-ranked events. Gee, I wonder why. :angry:

Mosconi Cup is the gold standard in 2011 for pool. :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They played okay. Would either of them be good enough to win a major tournament in Asia is doubtful imo. I just see a higher level of play over there overall. I think some of the international stars like Ralf and Darren may be a little burned out from all the travel from continent to continent. When Dechaine gets out there on the world tour, he will find out just how tough it is, when all the top Asian and European players are competing.

As far as the women are concerned. this was Kelly's second straight runner-up finish. So very good for her. Allison went two and out in the recent Philippine Open. Definitely more good women players in Asia then on the WPBA tour, or what's left of it. If the top fifteen to twenty Asian women came over here they would dominate! JMHO as always. :thumbup:

Hat's off to Jason Klatt and Angel Paglia. Jason has continued to move up in the ranks (I call it the Rousey effect) and is now a world class player. Maybe Angel is finally beginning to fulfill her potential. It was a break through event for her.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
They played okay. Would either of them be good enough to win a major tournament in Asia is doubtful imo. I just see a higher level of play over there overall. I think some of the international stars like Ralf and Darren may be a little burned out from all the travel from continent to continent. When Dechaine gets out there on the world tour, he will find out just how tough it is, when all the top Asian and European players are competing.

As far as the women are concerned. this was Kelly's second straight runner-up finish. So very good for her. Allison went two and out in the recent Philippine Open. Definitely more good women players in Asia then on the WPBA tour, or what's left of it. If the top fifteen to twenty Asian women came over here they would dominate! JMHO as always. :thumbup:

Hat's off to Jason Klatt and Angel Paglia. Jason has continued to move up in the ranks and is now a world class player. Maybe Angel is finally beginning to fulfill her potential. It was a break through event for her.

Two of them are coming over from China in late May to play in OPEN events here. Liu Sha Sha and Fu Xiao Fang. Should be interesting. Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two of them are coming over from China in late May to play in OPEN events here. Liu Sha Sha and Fu Xiao Fang. Should be interesting. Johnnyt

Good morning my friend! They are two good ones, but Si Meng Chen is the only one I see having a serious chance in an open event. She is one level above all the rest of the Asian champs. That said, these two women will beat a lot of men!

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
We have a new "Z" shot from that match or maybe it should be called the "VW in traffic" shot. Not as impressive as Efrens, but it was still a cool shot. Hope it makes youtube.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Congrats to Mike.
How long did the finals take ?

Interesting question. They had a shot clock for the finals, so even tho it was a longer race, I bet the finals went quicker than the match between those two earlier in the day, without the shot clock... :p

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting question. They had a shot clock for the finals, so even tho it was a longer race, I bet the finals went quicker than the match between those two earlier in the day, without the shot clock... :p

Jeremy Jones is a slow player sometimes, but I think it is because he has a medical condition with his hands sweating, requiring him to have to keep putting powder on them between shots. He's a really nice guy, a champion player, but I do remember seeing this when he won the 2003 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in Chesapeake, Virginia.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Good morning my friend! They are two good ones, but Si Meng Chen is the only one I see having a serious chance in an open event. She is one level above all the rest of the Asian champs. That said, these two women will beat a lot of men!

"also to name a few players they have beaten badly was Rodolfo "Samson" Luat, Carlo Biado, Elvis Calasang

Well both are China Womens Champion Fu Xiao Fang (2010,2008), Liu Sha Sha (2009)
i have been with these ladies and their coach since they came to Manila 3 weeks ago, they are here to learn/train not to win money. just imagine they are here even on a Chinese new year, both ladies have exemptional pocketing skills, small pockets at GCV is too much at ease for them

their itenerary from Manila back to China then procceed to Taiwan for the Amway Cup, after which, go to Manila again for the Philippine Open 2011 Mens/Womens, then procceed to China world 9 ball.

now you heard it first from me, they will invade USA from June onwards set their foot first time on US soil to play in US tournaments, both ladies have the potential of reaching top 1 & 2 respectively

Yu Ram Cha was also here to train but have to leave early prior to a commitment to play for a National Tournament in Korea"
Above was from Star Billiard Center in Manila. Johnnyt

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
JJ had a very strong run after he made the jump shot in the side, but at the end he made a couple really bad shots. I think he got rattled and you could definitely see it by his body language.

Mike made some mistakes too, but seemed to be able to play out of them. He has a big stroke game, a power game if you will. This can help you stay in stroke IMO. He also got some good rolls. This never hurts either.

Congrats to both.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like that Young Gun from Maine just locked himself a spot in the Mosconi Cup the way he's hitting 'em in recent times. Good for Mike! :)

I'd much rather see Mike Dechaine in the Mosconi Cup than that D!CK Earl Strickland. Mike brings youth and charisma to the table, where Earl Strickland brings his drug induced invisible friend, frustration and anger. I wish Earl would retire already.

Poolmouse