Uni-Loc brass insert

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good morning all......
Quick question for you. Is the brass insert for the Uni-Loc QR pin interchangeable with the shorter original version? If they are different where would you suggest I buy both? Thanks very much and have a good day.

Last edited:

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An update. I tried to fit a mismatched QR pin into an older Uni-Loc insert. Obviously didn't work. Does anyone know where to get the original Uni-Loc inserts that are NOT QR?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An update. I tried to fit a mismatched QR pin into an older Uni-Loc insert. Obviously didn't work. Does anyone know where to get the original Uni-Loc inserts that are NOT QR?
Be more specific.
A picture might help.
Uni loc quick release
The original, the bullet and the ghost. After that, it's a crap shoot non uni loc
There are more quick release joint screws than you can shake a stick at.
But they are Non uni loc!

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_014241.jpg
    IMG_20200325_014241.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_221121_031616.jpg
    IMG_221121_031616.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20171018_134855.jpg
    IMG_20171018_134855.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be more specific.
A picture might help.
Uni loc quick release
The original, the bullet and the ghost. After that, it's a crap shoot non uni loc
There are more quick release joint screws than you can shake a stick at.
But they are Non uni loc!
Hi Mike.......
Well, the pin I tried was not the long thin one nor was it the bullet shaped one. Truthfully I didn't scrutinize it that closely but I will when I get home this evening. I believe it was similar to the middle photo....the Ghost. It had a much smaller registration flat than their current QR insert. The pin is on a Mezz cue a friend of mine owns. For all I know her pin is a bastardized version of a Uni-Loc.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike.......
Well, the pin I tried was not the long thin one nor was it the bullet shaped one. Truthfully I didn't scrutinize it that closely but I will when I get home this evening. I believe it was similar to the middle photo....the Ghost. It had a much smaller registration flat than their current QR insert. The pin is on a Mezz cue a friend of mine owns. For all I know her pin is a bastardized version of a Uni-Loc.
Mezz United? Brian.

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you're right. Later in the day I found one if those with that name. Must be the same thing. Attached a photo. Is that Mezz United?

Attachments

• 17109794862016735224001354600935.jpg
    17109794862016735224001354600935.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 44

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rarely come across a Mezz cue so I'd never seen that pin before. Wasn't sure if it was their version of some piloted "thing", a bastardized version of a Uni-Loc.