Unique Ferrule Repair Kit

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You really should use Maple as it is stronger. My advice would be to make your own out of reject shaft wood.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I make mine out of straight pieces of shaft wood cut off from bar cues.

The fluted dowels are available in different wood species at most hard ware stores. No need to order them long distance.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I tried those dowels and I didn't like them.

I turn my own from maple shaft wood.

Kim

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You to Randy. I cut a board twice and its always too short.

Me on a Sunday afternoon. Measure, cut, oops, short board pile. Grab another 2x4. Measure, cut oops, short board pile. The lumber store luvs me.

Glad I don't do that to the exotic wood. Measure twice, cut once.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also cut Mine from old broken shafts or bar cues. I always have plenty on hand, they are maple, and best of all They are free.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
You to Randy. I cut a board twice and its always too short.

Me on a Sunday afternoon. Measure, cut, oops, short board pile. Grab another 2x4. Measure, cut oops, short board pile. The lumber store luvs me.

Glad I don't do that to the exotic wood. Measure twice, cut once.

Fur is alot cheaper than maple...

david cooksey

Registered
pins

yes i know birch is cheaper than maple but the company might know where you could buy the pins in maple.

if you really want a wood that is stronger than maple use mesquite that has been seasoned for 3yrs and stabilized that does not have any voids in it.

you will need a high dollar carbide saw blades to cut it tho.

dave

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a thought as an observer/customer. If you put anything other than good maple in my shaft I would consider it a rip-off. :smile:

...and...why would a guy with a cue lathe buy dowels?