unsportsman like conduct

platypus

SirBanksALotJr
Silver Member
Has anyone experienced this? I play on a local APA league and there is a teamate that is an ahole. Last week he went off the deepend. Because he was playing a lower ranked player he thought his opponent would be an easy win so he let his game down. Started missing all kinds of shots that normally probably would have been made. Everytime he missed a shot he started using every curse word he could think of, then even got so mad he slammed his cue down on the floor. Then after getting his ass handed to him, he refused to shake his opponent hand and started complaining that lost to a woman. The opposing team called him on it and he managed to apoligize as he slunk away. I was very embarresed that he was even on my team. I approached the other team after he left and apologized on behalf of our team. They were cool about it and we all agreed that players like that suck and take some of the fun out of league night.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Very similar. I let it slide but apologized to the team for his behavior.
A few years later, we lost a team member and decided to give him another chance. He pounded down about 18 Irish whiskeys while playing his first night. Being quite drunk, he began treating the rest of the team rudely.

I fired his drunk butt of the team in front of everyone. I gave him the same consideration and treatment he displayed that night.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It's a shame. It's guys like that who give league pool a bad name. Thing is, he is one guy, likely representing 1% of his division, give or take a little... but everyone will remember him. Not the other 99% of the division who act and behave reasonably. The 99% of the players who have fun, play hard, and generally get along with each other.

sigh...

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Has anyone experienced this? I play on a local APA league and there is a teamate that is an ahole.

Nope, never experienced that. ;)

I've never experienced an "ahole" in ANY league. ;);)

In fact, I've never experienced any "aholes" associated with pool. ;););)

Maniac

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
It's amazing that anyone would take league so seriously.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
...he was playing a lower ranked player he thought his opponent would be an easy win so he let his game down. Started missing all kinds of shots that normally probably would have been made...

I've seen people do this snipped portion and get upset because they were missing easy shots and could not get their game back on track. The lack of tact is annoying though, it's not his opponent's fault he had a bad game. Using a person's gender against them is also poor form.

Marie's husband

Cue It Up Promotions
Silver Member
Well, now the question is, does your team or do you want to apologize everytime that individual acts a fool?

I feel that a teammate represents the entire team, so when asked to join a team or build a team, the no. 1 factor is pool etiquette and integrity. Yes playing ability matters, but I would rather be the team that everyone gets alongs with and has fun playing than the A**hole team that won. Yeah, they won the money and got the trophy, but was it worth it to be known as an A**hole for the rest of their lives.

Like they say "first impressions last forever" and I dont want some A**hole on our team to make the wrong first impression for me.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Experienced it?

Sure, once.......once.

Then he would be gone.

I don't need that BS when Im supposed to be out have a good time.

Easy fix. ;)

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, seen I happen in a playoff match with a player from a second team shooting out of our bar. They were in a different division all year and talked smack about how they were going to whoop us in the play offs......Well, we met them in the playoffs and it was a race to 8 playing 8 ball. I think we were up on them 7-1 and one of their players starts spouting off, swearing, yadda, yadda, yadda. At this point the match isn't over! Our player got so pissed at this guy he was ready to lay down his cue and pummel his butt! I just said as loud as I could "Don't waste your time on that ahole, you know he's an ahole, I know he's an ahole, his team knows he's an ahole, even he knows hes an ahole, he'll the whole damn league knows he's an ahole!" After that he was the nicest guy you'd ever meet and I never saw him get out of line again. He's also made it a point to apologize to everyone on the team that night and go out of his way to say hello to me whenever we were in the same room. :D We did beat them 8-1 that night also!

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, that guy sure plays in a lot of leagues. He must play in every league around the country. Truth is that almost every league has one just like him.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, that guy sure plays in a lot of leagues. He must play in every league around the country. Truth is that almost every league has one just like him.

The leagues I've played in had more than one. Not saying I'll never play in another league but it's been a couple years and I have no desire to join another one at the moment.